Yamaha XT225 (Serow) Information

David_LivinginTalisay

Actually Bruce (rbm) told me that it was NOT his lower Chain Roller that went and locked his rear wheel up!

He told me on GTR#38, that it was the upper Chain Guide that went, not the lower chain roller as Lin said!

XT225SwingarmConversion024.jpg

$%28KGrHqR,%21m%21F%21%21BqYVQgBQKm9nml5

Again I may consider a 3rd Party version, rather than Yamaha OEM
(especially as removal /fitting of such, may well involve removal of swing arm)!

hfmlogosmall.jpg

1987-2007 Yamaha XT 225; 1987-2005 TT 225 Chain Guide Kit
01-1000.jpg

Encapsulate your chain for that added protection. No need to remove your swingarm to install the slider.
SKU:           01-1000
Weight:       0.85 lbs
Our price:   $54.95

1987-2007 Yamaha XT 225; 1987-2005 TT 225 Front Chain Slider    $37.95

No need to remove your swingarm to install the slider.

SKU 01-1000-1 Weight 0.25 lbs

1987-2007 Yamaha XT 225; 1987-2005 TT 225 Rear Chain Guide

01-1000-2.png

Encapsulate your chain for that added protection.

SKU:         01-1000-2

Weight:     0.33 lbs  

Our price: $29.95

Also on eBay.com

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-2007-Yamaha-TT-XT-225-XT225-Front-Chain-Slider-/120982747091

Price:US $37.95

$T2eC16FHJH8E9qSEUceZBQpk9NdY(!~~60_35.J

Here is another version:-

http://www.formtechservices.com/dirtly/www.dirtly.com/Sliders.html

XTrisers.jpg

Our new chain sliders for XT225 come in Dark Blue, Black, and Yellow.
The rear slider encloses the chain, and both are split so that you don’t have to remove the swing arm or break the chain to install them.

XT225 Front Slider is split.

IMG_0243.jpg

Black . . . . . . . . . .XT225FK

Yellow. . . . . . . . . . XT225FY

Dark Blue . . . . . .  XT225FB
$37.95

XT225 Rear Slider encloses the chain and is split

IMG_3925.jpg

Black . . . . . . . . . . XT225RK
Yellow.. . . . . . . . . XT225RY

Dark Blue . . . . . . XT225RB

$28.95

IMG_0239.jpg

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • 3 weeks later...

ive made up home made guides and slides out of thick bread boards. theyre pretty durable and easy to work with. could get you out of trouble if you cant get parts. also in the past the rollers Ive made from skateboard whhels using the sealed bearings with the wheels. easy fit.

Ive got 2 serows Im parting out so have plenty of spare parts. I just scored a motard 225 from cebu for 25k so it was a great bargain. only problem is it has no power as the last owner fitted a xrm125 carby to it! looks sweet though and the last owner must have spent 15k just in the mods. also have a couple of dual port xt250t engines with good clutches/top ends etc. I was toying with the plan of building an xt250 motard using kawasaki zx250 forks and rims i imported, but have lost interest for now. too many other projects!

anyone know if the xt250 (single port) piston/barrel and head will fit on the 225 bottom end? that would make a great bush basher!

• Like 1

The fuel adjustment screw is located on the bottom of the XT225 carb.  To adjust it you must rotate the carb sideways.  This is not good as the proper way to adjust it is to do it while the engine is running.

http://www.kientech.com/ExtendedFuelScrews.htm

Sells an extended screw that replaces the stock screw and allows adjustment while running.

Here's the stock screw next to the Kientech screw...

post-8276-0-75275900-1377908697_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of the screw installed and ready for adjustment...

post-8276-0-10204000-1377908747_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
David_LivinginTalisay

The fuel adjustment screw is located on the bottom of the XT225 carb.  To adjust it you must rotate the carb sideways.  This is not good as the proper way to adjust it is to do it while the engine is running.

http://www.kientech.com/ExtendedFuelScrews.htm

Sells an extended screw that replaces the stock screw and allows adjustment while running.

Here's the stock screw next to the Kientech screw...

attachicon.gifcarb3.jpg

Here's a pic of the screw installed and ready for adjustment...

attachicon.gifcarb2.jpg

Hey Ronin, nice informmation on good XT225 Modification.

Just a  suggestion, but how about 'sharing' potential XT225 purchases with others (Mark, Bruce, Brett and myself, all have XT225 'Serow' here in Cebu), before you buy to see if we might like to buy the same also, and share the cost of postage?

I would have ordered one also, had you posted the details of that Kientech screw...!

(Incidentally I cant see an 'Extended Fuel Screw' for the XT225 on http://www.kientech.com/ExtendedFuelScrews.htm)!

However here is some information from a Google search for such:-

http://www.xt225.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=38913

I have a extended pilot screw on my DR650SE Suzuki which uses a Mikuni carb. I got the extended pilot screw from Kientech Engineering, they have a lot of trick stuff for the DR650, 350, 400, etc. Suzukis. I called them & asked if the extended pilot screw would also fit the XT225's BST34 Mikuni carb. They weren't sure, but said they would send me one & if it wouldn't work I could send it back. I also had them send along the tension spring , spacer washer & small o-ring that goes on the pilot screw (cheap & good to have spares). Well the screw fit perfectly. The needle profile is a little different than the stock pilot screw, but it works. It is still a bit of a pain in the ass to get your fingures on it when the engine is hot, but with mechanics protective gloves on it's not bad.

post-8276-0-75275900-1377908697.jpg 

Your kientech.com Extended Fuel Screw, looks different 

to DR125SE, 200SE, DR250/350 (off road and dual sport), AND DR650SE Suzuki that Keintech show on their website:-

image001.jpg

DR125SE, 200SE, DR250/350 (off road and dual sport), AND DR650S/SE Extended fuel screw

($15.00)

I did replace the 4 x Philips Cross Head Screws and replace with Stainless Steel Hex Head Socket Screws, that hold the CARB FLOAT BOWL.  This means one can remove to access the float and Float Valve and potentially the main Jet also, without having to remove/twist the carb.

As for other Modifications and Improvements to XT225 Serrow:-

I ordered an XT225 Main Stand off 'Cigar Mike', in the USA.   Mark, Bruce, Brett were all interested in getting local fabricated copies made.  We got quoted a price for  2 off fabricated by 'Motofix'.  They had my XT225 main stand for 2 months and never got around to producing even 1 off, stating their best engineer was busy on other jobs!

NCX Racing in Mandaue, said they would/could not undertake such an engineering project.

I fitted the 'Cigar Mike' built XT225 Main Stand, back on my 'Serrow' to keep the weight off the wheels, as i am not riding it.

If Mark, Bruce, Brett and possibly yourself Ronin, can find a Fabrication Shop with the Skills and the Time/Capability to produce copies (with perhaps a couple of 'Mods' i) improve the stand 'Pivots', and ii) raise the height of the spring mount - to give a bit more tension in the raised position to help prevent 'bounce' on off road use over rough surfaces), then you are welcome to 'borrow' such to undertake that project that did not get off the ground with MotorFix.

NB:  It needs a new 'Tool' for removing/tightening the 2 x large Hex Head Bolts with tapered front end, that attach the sstand sub frame to holes in the XT225 frame.  A conventional Allen Key wont have the clearance.  If one could buy an Allen Key to fit the Hex Head Socket, then have an angle grinder cut off short lengths, this would work.  The 'Tool' supplied by 'Cigar Mike' was a a short Hex Head Bolt of the correct size to fit the Hex Socket head of the large attachment Allen Screws, with a Nut welded on (but the weld broke and the screw came undone!).  A suitable short bolt, could be welded into a hole drilled in a strip of flat steel bar, so one did not need to also use a spanner, but the limited space might limit the number of turns with only 6 corners, instead of good ring spanner over short length of hardened steel of correct hex Allen Key. having many more connection angles, would be better!

David_LivinginTalisay

To all XT225 'Serow' Owners in Cebu, Philippines, who might be interested in 3rd Party replacement Chain Guides, I am seriously placing an Order 

http://hotfootmoto.net/store/product.php?productid=18318

01-1000.jpg 

SKU:         01-1000
Weight:     0.85 lbs

Our price: $54.95

I have sent a Message asking if there are Discounts for Multiple Orders and what is the price to a USA Address (and use my usa2everywhere.com Account)

David_LivinginTalisay

To all XT225 'Serow' Owners in Cebu, Philippines, who might be interested in 3rd Party replacement Chain Guides, I am seriously placing an Order 

http://hotfootmoto.net/store/product.php?productid=18318

01-1000.jpg 

I have sent a Message asking if there are Discounts for Multiple Orders and what is the price to a USA Address (and use my usa2everywhere.com Account)

The reply came back:-

Hi David,

We offer discounts for licensed dealers.

Shipping within the USA is free.

For multiple quantities, we offer 10% off. 

01-1000.jpg 

Available in RED,  BLACK, as well as YELLOW and Royal BLUE

Since chains get oily and dirty, I think BLACK (the same as the XT225 Chain Guard), is what I will ORDER!

So if others Order in same Shipment, the Price becomes -

$49.45 for the KIT of Upper & Lower Rear Chain Slider/Guides

FREE Shipping within USA

Airfreight to Cebu, Philippines via Manila, will be about US$31 for 2 off (for 4 off Freight is approx $46.24

About US$65 each, for KIT to Cebu  (2 Kits ) or $61 each KIT if 4 people want to Order a KIT

• 4 months later...
David_LivinginTalisay

Hey OP Ronin!

"Whats Up Doc"!

You bought an XT225 Serrow (from guy who also knows brothers Lin and Bruce).  

You started this Thread on yamaha-xt225-serow-information give good info on Custom extended Carb fuel adjustment screw  - then NOTHING!

So RONIN have you gone 'cold' on XT225 as you seemingly have other bikes to ride?

Not seen you expressing interest in joining any Green Trail Rides - CEBU (not that GTR#40, went ahead last Sunday, and unlikely to be this coming Sunday with it being SINULOG Parade!).

I still have my Serow but don't ride it much since I bought a CRF250L.

I'm not on Cebu or I would joint the GTR.

• Like 1