Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

All about pizza

Wolfpack

o.k., so I am on this kick about trying to make pizza at home...

where to find:

1) food processor (recomendations for specifics) for making the pizza dough

2) pizza peel

3) pizza stone

4) pizza screen

There is a member of the forums willing to bring these items to the Philippines...if need be...if I can't find these items...

shadow

o.k., so I am on this kick about trying to make pizza at home...

where to find:

1) food processor (recomendations for specifics) for making the pizza dough

2) pizza peel

3) pizza stone

4) pizza screen

There is a member of the forums willing to bring these items to the Philippines...if need be...if I can't find these items...

Quality ingredients are much more important in making a good pizza than all of these items combined.

• Like 2

Wolfpack

Quality ingredients are much more important in making a good pizza than all of these items combined.

I realize the ingredients are important...but you can have all the best ingredients...and without the food processor...pizza screen...and pizza stone...you can't make a good pizza dough...which is the foundation to the pizza...

HeyMike

How did they make pizza dough before food processors? Not sure what a pizza screen is. Is the pizza stone like an unfinished tile to put in the oven to cook the pizza on?

• Like 1

shadow

I realize the ingredients are important...but you can have all the best ingredients...and without the food processor...pizza screen...and pizza stone...you can't make a good pizza dough...which is the foundation to the pizza...

Ok, allow me then to acknowledge that YOU can't make a good pizza without the food processor, pizza screen (whatever that is) and pizza stone, but I CAN!

This I made on sunday...

larry pizza.jpg

No stone, no food processor, no pizza screen, just good old know how, quality ingredients, and about two hours all in ...

As someone else pointed out, did Italy have food processors in the 1700's? How about other famous places for pizza? Chicago? New York? Did they have food processors in the 1930's?

When exactly did a food processor become the most important ingredient to a good pizza? I must have been asleep during that episode of Chef Fabio?

I submit that the most important thing to a good pizza is still (hundreds of years later) quality ingredients and the skill of the Chef!

• Like 6

miles-high

As someone else pointed out, did Italy have food processors in the 1700's? How about other famous places for pizza? Chicago? New York? Did they have food processors in the 1930's?

Exactly, your imagination (creativity) is the limit... all you need is good dough, good mozzarella, cold press virgin olive oil, onions and basil aplenty… : ) anything else is icing on the cake… if you have homemade veal sausage (that is you made it yourself) that can be added…

Ohhh, don’t forget a bottle of blood red Sicilian red wine to accompany…

;)

broden

my wife makes excellent authentic pizza dough, we don't own a food processor, we do own a stone but rarely use it 

we don't own a peel or a screen

hyaku

Made seafood pizza a few hours ago. We are lazy. A lady in the next village blind bakes us 12 crusts for 25 peso each. Difficult for us to find decent flour.

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 1

SirMadrigal

Ok, allow me then to acknowledge that YOU can't make a good pizza without the food processor, pizza screen (whatever that is) and pizza stone, but I CAN!

This I made on sunday...

attachicon.giflarry pizza.jpg

No stone, no food processor, no pizza screen, just good old know how, quality ingredients, and about two hours all in ...

When exactly did a food processor become the most important ingredient to a good pizza? I must have been asleep during that episode of Chef Fabio?

I submit that the most important thing to a good pizza is still (hundreds of years later) quality ingredients and the skill of the Chef!

No Italy didn't but also in the 1700's did Italy have cars? Nope, doesn't mean because they did without it is a better way to do things.

My mother is a licensed chef of 36 years and she uses every single kitchen appliance humanly available, the skill of the chef matters most but even a skilled chef is more productive with the right tools.

broden

this is gonna be the laundry argument all over again

• Like 4

Mandingo

Best pizzas are always hand kneaded and tossed, IMO........any old school pizzeria does it by hand and in a good old pizza with no stone. 

That said I am not saying you can't make a tasty pizza with a processor.and stone because I am sure you can, it's all about what you have to work with and what your expectations are. In the Phil it would be really hard to get the right ingredients anyway so do it how you want but take some pictures and show us how it came out. 

• Like 1

smokey

just open a pappa johns and all will appear for you

SirMadrigal

I'll run it if you pay for it. We can deliver on Trikes

Wolfpack

not interested in business in the Philippines...