Sign in to follow this  
mrlondon

No fee-free ATMs left

mrlondon

On my trip in January/ Feb 2013 I noticed some fee-free ATMs. Now all the ATMs seem to charge 200pesos. 

What's the situation?

philuk

My bank is TSB. they allways charge £2.00 per transaction. not noticed any local charges. allways use. bdo

HeyMike

HSBC was the go-to ATM without a fee for me. Are you saying that they now have a fee?

GoHuk

On my trip in January/ Feb 2013 I noticed some fee-free ATMs. Now all the ATMs seem to charge 200pesos. 

What's the situation?

It may have changed recently but my understanding is that you will be charged if the ATM you use is on a different banking network than that of your own bank.  I also suspect that you may be charged even if on the same network but are using an ATM from a different bank.

When applicable the ATM has always warned me that there may be a charge.  I have never been charged when using my bank's ATMs, i.e. BPI.

• Like 1

MaKe

HSBC was the go-to ATM without a fee for me. Are you saying that they now have a fee?

if you bank with HSBC and use their ATM there is no fee
  • Like 1

HeyMike

if you bank with HSBC and use their ATM there is no fee

I do not bank with HSBC, I have an American account. In the past I was able to use HSBC atm and was never charged the usual 200p fee. In fact there were threads in the past about this. But now you are saying that HSBC has changed it's policy and now has a fee for non-HSBC users. Is that correct?

woodchopper

I used hsbc in the last 2 weeks and no fee was charged except by my own bank australia

Monsoon

Change to a bank that has no fees (i.e. JV with a PI bank) or refunds your ATM fees.... Problem solved.

MaKe

I have an American account

I have an 'American account' too, but with HSBC. I have a Philippine account with them as well, but I draw fund from my US account, via HSBC ATMs here and in most any other country in the world.

As a result, I pay no ATM fees...sorry if I wasn't clear in earlier posts.

If you do not have an account (either US or anywhere else) you're likely to pay a fee.

Another very nice thing about having a US account with HSBC and withdrawing funds from their

ATMs, is that there seems to be no limit on the amount I can withdraw, certainly not like the

p4000-6000 limit at other ATMs.

mpt1947

Every ATM that I have used in the Philippines has a 10,000 limit, along with the 200 Peso fee.  But if I can help it, my wife will draw pesos from her ATM - no fee, and I use my Visa Debit Card everywhere else for a 1% fee charged by Credit Union in the US - I would need to spend about $450 (19500+ pesos) to equal the amount of the ATM Fee.

dutchben

There is NO fee at hsbc bank for every card in or outside the phil

• Like 1

Nangulo

Every ATM that I have used in the Philippines has a 10,000 limit, along with the 200 Peso fee.

HSBC allows 40,000 at one shot.  Doesn't matter your card as long as it's on a compatible network with HSBC.

Salty Dog

No fee for USAA ATM Card  at HSBC. Just used them a few days ago.

• Like 1

SirMadrigal

No fee for USAA ATM Card  at HSBC. Just used them a few days ago.

USAA Also refunds up to $21 a month in ATM fees if you are charge, so if the average ATM is going to charge you 200p you can use it 4 times a month without paying any fees.]

If HSBC allows 40,000p at a clip I would only use them and use my USAA

Salty Dog

USAA Also refunds up to $21 a month in ATM fees if you are charge, so if the average ATM is going to charge you 200p you can use it 4 times a month without paying any fees.]

If HSBC allows 40,000p at a clip I would only use them and use my USAA

Humm, they only refund $15 for me. If I need quick cash I just get P10,000 anywhere, but since moving to Cebu I've never gone over my $15 a month.

Edited by Salty Dog

SirMadrigal

Humm, they only refund $15 for me. If I need quick cash I just get P10,000 anywhere, but since moving to Cebu I've never gone over my $15 a month.

How long have you been a member? its always been $21 for me and my family, of course we have been USAA members since God flipped the switch

Salty Dog

I've been a member for about 25 years. Have had insurance with them, car, house and life. Several mortgages, checking and savings accounts. Several investment accounts, personal loans and so on. Maybe there is some grandfathering for older account holders or maybe it depends on size of accounts. This is what it says on their banking page.

USAA Bank refunds up to $15 in other banks' ATM usage fees each month and does not charge a fee for the first 10 ATM withdrawals. Subsequent transactions will be charged $2.00 each. A 1% foreign transaction fee applies to withdrawals outside the United States. 

mistaeric

Charles Scwab does not charge ATM fees whatsoever. I leave my card with my girl in Cebu and it saves me $10.00 moneygram fees!

tokyoman

I use BPI and send money bank to bank by exchange 4 free

No charges by either bank 

Great rate

No atm fees

hyaku

Metrobank will now charge fees for drawing cash from any other Philippine bank card. The transaction fee for sending cash with the remittance service they operate in other countries to your account here is still 480 pesos I think. A lot cheaper than swift.

MaKe

I asked my bank, HSBC about the fees. According to them, I can remove cash using my Philippine ATM card at any bank here. HSBC doesn't charge a fee, however, since there is only one HSBC location in Cebu, the other banks will charge a fee.

I can use my US ATM debit card at any HSBC ATM and withdraw local currency. Here in the Cebu, I have taken out over p 60,000 all at one time, so I don't know what the limit is. I have found, too that they give an excellent exchange rate usually no more than peso .3 less than the international exchange rate.

• Like 1

dutchben

I am using my hsbc debit card to any other banks without any fee to be pay

Only when i use my abn-amro i have to pay fee on other banks but never by the hsbc

• Like 1