A Plague of dogs on all your houses

spritsail

When Shakespeare wrote the immortal phrase 'A plague on all your houses' I don't know if he had in mind dogs, afterall a plague of locusts was not a common sight in Stratford Upon Avon in the 16th Century, but dogs certainly were, and more so here in the Philippines, at least here in the Provinces.

Although somulant during the day, they awaken like vampires at the setting of the sun. For the unwary traveller they will chase you in packs if on a cycle or motorcycle, try to bite your legs, and for the resident will bark and howl incessantly throughout the night just to let you know that that they are on guard and not sleeping.

My own persecution starts when a lone drunk or other crosses the road in the barangay 1 mile distant, that starts off the dogs in the barangay, howling and barking, This is a cue for every dog (s) between the barangay and my house and beyond to pitch in, howling like a pack of wild wolves in the tundra, disturbing an already fragile sleep.

How to combat this plague is a metter of strategic thinking. Should i report it to the barangay captain, discreetly hire a dog assasin or take matters into my own hands, by poisoning the mutts with tastly morsels of chicken laced with rat poison fed to some known ring leaders whilst no one is looking.

As most of the dogs are kept as guard dogs, and the barangay's captain"s mutt is no exception, I feel that reporting to the barangay captain  would be a waste of time. Hiring an assasin, if any exist would not put any suspicion on me, but I am not into the murky underworld of  contract assasins, either those snuffing out miscreant husbands or those willing to take a pot shot at the yapping shih tzui owned by the barangay"s captain's wife. As for myself being able to administer a lethal dose of warfarin to the mutt opposite like a Medici of Florence is against my ethical upbringing and a  natural affection for four legged animals, and afterall I own 2 of the offenders myself.

in this case Shakespeare was right in saying " All are punished"

• Like 3
Brucewayne

We have a slum a short ways from Tayud and don't have a lot of problems with strays.

There are a few that escape, but they usually starve to death or die of disease if not eaten within the first couple of years of their lives.

We don't have nearly the population of dogs you are talking about, so I guess you are in an upscale area where they don't eat dog and can afford to keep quite a few as watch dogs, pets, slaves or what ever they call them here.

Edited by Brucewayne
smokey

When Shakespeare wrote the immortal phrase 'A plague on all your houses' I don't know if he had in mind dogs, afterall a plague of locusts was not a common sight in Stratford Upon Avon in the 16th Century, but dogs certainly were, and more so here in the Philippines, at least here in the Provinces.

Although somulant during the day, they awaken like vampires at the setting of the sun. For the unwary traveller they will chase you in packs if on a cycle or motorcycle, try to bite your legs, and for the resident will bark and howl incessantly throughout the night just to let you know that that they are on guard and not sleeping.

My own persecution starts when a lone drunk or other crosses the road in the barangay 1 mile distant, that starts off the dogs in the barangay, howling and barking, This is a cue for every dog (s) between the barangay and my house and beyond to pitch in, howling like a pack of wild wolves in the tundra, disturbing an already fragile sleep.

How to combat this plague is a metter of strategic thinking. Should i report it to the barangay captain, discreetly hire a dog assasin or take matters into my own hands, by poisoning the mutts with tastly morsels of chicken laced with rat poison fed to some known ring leaders whilst no one is looking.

As most of the dogs are kept as guard dogs, and the barangay's captain"s mutt is no exception, I feel that reporting to the barangay captain  would be a waste of time. Hiring an assasin, if any exist would not put any suspicion on me, but I am not into the murky underworld of  contract assasins, either those snuffing out miscreant husbands or those willing to take a pot shot at the yapping shih tzui owned by the barangay"s captain's wife. As for myself being able to administer a lethal dose of warfarin to the mutt opposite like a Medici of Florence is against my ethical upbringing and a  natural affection for four legged animals, and afterall I own 2 of the offenders myself.

in this case Shakespeare was right in saying " All are punished"

want to know what happens nothing because some people love their dogs... easier to get rid of the drunk ,, of course if you were in the west you could do something about it but alas your not... We have 4 dogs and were told that is too many and get rid of two or else... well that to my wife is a challenge and she said go ahead kill my dog and see what i do ,, simple to fix move to the city and live in a subdivision
roadhaze

I've had 2 dogs poisoned. Just decided no more dogs till I move. Neither one made it to 6 months old. Ass wipe people.

Knowdafish

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually wish there were more dogs here in my area. They might keep the cat population down. 

3 cats kept us awake last night with their screaming hissy fits. They remind me of kids who threaten each other to fight, but are all talk and no action. 

Funny-Animal-Cat-Fight.jpg

SkyMan

I experienced this at your place as well as a plague of frogs.
hyaku

There is a Barangay bylaw brought in few years ago that requires owners to have dogs on a leash in the barangay. I got taken to the barangy when my gsd barked and was aggressive to a child. She turned a bit funny when she was pregnant (don't they all). I doubt if they will enforce it on your behalf. Rather turn it against you. Mine just barked and snarled at someone too close to the house. But that's fine with me with already having chickens and turkeys stolen. I am keeping one of my pups. The lady next door has no problem feeding them when we are away. I'm just plagued by crowing chickens. Bloody things are tied up everywhere. They don't even fight them off!

hchoate

Hire a mamarang

or

use Google

if you want a weak silence spell, you can chat wingardian leviosa.
but for a stronger one, chat Malikiahnta siekoz SOZ!
thats a strong spell.

or

How does it work?
Just pop the CD
into any stereo.
The Anti Barking Dog CD is ultrasonic and is inaudible to
humans so no one will hear a thing. When a dog barks, you respond by
blasting the offending dog with a strong ultrasonic blast up to 120
dB. This level of sound heard only by animals is like an airliner
coming in for a landing.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100203143618AAmP84y

spritsail

How does it work? Just pop the CD into any stereo. The Anti Barking Dog CD is ultrasonic and is inaudible to humans so no one will hear a thing. When a dog barks, you respond by blasting the offending dog with a strong ultrasonic blast up to 120 dB. This level of sound heard only by animals is like an airliner coming in for a landing. http://answers.yahoo...03143618AAmP84y

This seems a brilliant solution and easy to implement. Thanks

hchoate

This seems a brilliant solution and easy to implement. Thanks

I have no idea if it works. It might make somebody's teeth ache!

You know, growing up my wife's family had a dozen dogs and the neighbors had dogs too but she says they only barked if someone approached their property, not when the other dogs barked. I think the difference is that her dogs were unrestrained, no fence even, but apparently kept near home anyway. It is 'tied up' dogs that bark. Don't know how that helps, though. LOL