Sonny

The family is building my mother-in-law a house in CDO, but it's not going well at all.  Anyone here know of a reputable/ethical  builder there who actually knows HOW to build an upscale (for the Philippines) home ?

Brucewayne

The family is building my mother-in-law a house in CDO, but it's not going well at all.  Anyone here know of a reputable/ethical  builder there who actually knows HOW to build an upscale (for the Philippines) home ?

Why don't you contact Davaeno (not sure about the spelling), he says he is a contractor and I think he lives in the area you are building.

He is a member here, in case I have confused you.

BossHog

I think he lives in the area you are building

Road distance from Davao to CDO is 300-500 kilometers depending on your route.

Still, good advice though as he'd have some good general knowledge of the building issues involved.

Edited by BossHog
Davaoeno

Thanks for the referral guys but  as BossHog says CDO is a very long way from Davao, and I have no contacts in CDO.

For Real

Maybe Davao can build a house and have it transported on a couple of San Mig Trucks

USCebuana

Good luck on your project OP. One of the biggest mistake you can make is build a house without you being there. I did that and we'll never do it again. 

I hope you will still have good relations with your in-laws after this. 

I know some people there but they do large commercial buildings not residences. 

At your situation now, maybe you can require them to submit a progress report with photos and test results before sending payment. It will help if you have an architect independent of the contractor. 

• Like 1
Sonny

when is the project ?? start ?

Already started_____P300K and the lot is still nekkid !

smokey

Already started_____P300K and the lot is still nekkid !

well i do know an engineer in that area if you want i can get his phone and you can talk he build some stuff at my house well he did most of the project downstairs where tim lives
  • Like 3
smokey

i sent you a pm so the mod police dont arrest me

• Like 1
mpt1947

Good luck on your project OP. One of the biggest mistake you can make is build a house without you being there. I did that and we'll never do it again. 

I hope you will still have good relations with your in-laws after this. 

I know some people there but they do large commercial buildings not residences. 

At your situation now, maybe you can require them to submit a progress report with photos and test results before sending payment. It will help if you have an architect independent of the contractor. 

Is it possible that the people you know, may have contacts who could handle smaller jobs?

Sonny

Is it possible that the people you know, may have contacts who could handle smaller jobs?

This is not my project, but I fear that my brothers-in-law are getting screwed from afar and would like to suggest to them a saner approach than they have elected to follow.  Momma deserves better than this.

USCebuana

Sorry OP but I don't think they do. 

Hire a construction manager OP. Make sure he is independent of the contractor.

• Like 1