the Philippines seems the likeliest place for foreigners to get murdered

miles-high

however to go through all the pages for each country, and do the figures entirely between 2001 and 2011, would take a lot of time.

The State Dept search tells the data not avialble for Indonesia 2002... we all know that at least 7 Americans killed, 70+ Australians in Bali, Indonesia, November 2002...

• Like 1
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• JamesMusslewhite

• ThomsonJr

• Art

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whippy, if you are still alive after screwing over half of the provincial girls as you've claimed then the Philippines is pretty safe.

That is undoubtedly true, I've seen a few in Silver Dollar Bar.

And he is getting fed-up with it.

We ALL know that can not be right---just the ones we know about on LINC adds up to more than that

Yeah I was going on the information of post #1,  I counted them all from that link from 2002 to 2012 and there were 83 homicides which gives us 8.3 homicides a year is that square with what you know?

• Like 2

ok that is all what not lol 

in how many cases is the wife under suspicion ??????

that is all that needs to be taken in 

is that square with what you know?

I know nothing   225px-Sgt._Schultz.jpg except to watch my 6

Edited by KID
  • Like 2
udonthani

ok seeing as it is my day off I will do the figures a bit more comprehensively.

I reckon the best way to do it reasonably quickly is to go through the State Department site and collate the figures for both the Philippines and Thailand.

these are surely the best two countries to choose as they are the most similar. They both get comparitively large numbers of American visitors and both have many thousands of residents.

I will calculate the total number and percentages of auto accidents as well as homicides as a proportion of all the non natural deaths. The road traffic related death rate in Thailand and the Philippines - for everybody that is, not just Americans - is about the same overall.

I expect it to take about an hour.

• Like 1
smokey

the funny part is when we compare the number of americans killed in the usa to the number of americans killed in philippines for some strange reason the number is higher in the us... der..... i personally like the unknow casues.. like the guy found with his hands zip tied behind his back that somehow shot himself in the head ,,, or the guy who stabbed himself in the chest 3 times unknow

Edited by smokey
  • Like 2
RogerDat

Greetings! Them statistics would have been 22/45, but I know how to hide a a body!

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

Whippy,

By the the website you took your figures from. The search yields an average of 25 incidences per page and a total of 8 pages of incidences. so that is approximately 200 Americans who died of unnatural causes in a total ten year period. Is there a source that any member can link that shows the other Nationalities that also died of unnatural deaths during the same time period? Thailand yielded 11 pages, and the UK yielded 4 pages. Which means Americans were twice as likely to die of unnatural causes in the Philippines than in the UK, but actually were less likely to die of unnatural causes than if they were in Thailand.

If we concentrate only on the year 2012 there were nearly 100 foreigners murdered last year in the Philippines, and the site shows there were only 10 American murdered in all of 2012. Then that would only be approximately 10% of the total murders listed for the year 2012. So what nationalities make up the other 90%?

Year 2012

10 Americans murdered

05 American suicide

04 American motorcycle accidents

03 American auto accidents

01 American other

---------

23 Total American unnatural deaths

Last year only 1 American death by unnatural causes in Mindanao and that was a murder in Davao. Then there was the American MMA fighter last year who was stabbed to death by a Brit MMA fighter because the American whooped his stupid ass in a public toilet. I am trying to follow the logic behind your figures. I am trying to muddle through the math percentages in the figures you provided and understand their context. the CIA World Factbook and Pearl S. Buck Amerasian Foundation show American expats being well in excess of 360,000 of which 10 were murdered last year.

As a side note there were over 12,000 Americans murdered in the US last year...

ThomsonJr

I have to say that I have quite a few friends in Europe and none have been killed by gunfire, but I don't have that many friends in the Philippines and already 1 got killed by gunfire, so yes I do agree it is more likely.

• Like 1
udonthani

OK I've gone back to 2006. That is five years' worth of non natural deaths of Americans between 2006 and 2011 this is how it works out.

TOTAL NUMBER OF NON NATURAL DEATHS : 149

TOTAL NUMBER OF HOMICIDES : 59 (40% of all non natural deaths)

TOTAL NUMBER OF AUTO ACCIDENTS (all auto accidents) : 42 (28% of all non natural deaths)

that is flabbergasting. An American is much more likely to be murdered in the Philippines, than they are to die as a result of an auto accident - be they a driver of a car or motorbike, a pedestrian, or a passenger on a bus.

I have not collated the Thai figures comprehensively but just looking at the incidence of homicides on the pages, it is obvious that the rate is much less there than it is in the Philippines.

• Like 1

no but really how many of those killed is there a wife as a suspect 

im asking for real as it seems to me wife killers here are popular way of getting some money 

and they seems to walk free 

compare how many guys are married here and in other countries 

and how many wife's are suspects here and in other countries 

ok wife or her family to be exact 

Doromaner

12 American homicides per year with 300,000 Americans in the Philippines translates to a homicide rate of 4 per 100,000. The Wikipedia worldwide rate is 6.9, the Philipines is 5.4, Thailand is 4.8, and the US is 4.8 per 100,000 people.

So, if these numbers are close to accurate it is safer for an American to be in the Philippines than in the US(4.0 vs 5.4). Interesting also, it is safer for an American to be in the Philippines than in the US(4.0 vs 4.8).

The US gets screwed with worldwide statistics because of the influence of one large ethnic group that absolutely destroys all the numbers in America. If this unnamed group was left out of the equation the US stats would be much closer to Australia and Europe. Things like homicide rates, test scores, literacy rates and so on are all thrown way off. The homicide rates in New Orleans and Detroit are around 50 per 100,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Edited by Doromaner
  • Like 2
POTATOMAN

i'm surprised so few americans have been murdered

• Like 2
USMC-Retired

The funny thing is there are not 300,000 US expats living in the philippines fulltime. That number is muddled with dual citizen Filipinos and people that have never been to the US. I would assume that number is much much less.

• Like 2

well full time or not 

there is lot more that are here part time like my friend he is here 6 months out of a year 

so he is in a category of a tourist 

but really he spends half his time here