• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolfpack

• enoonmai

• USMC-Retired

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr wondetful look at this,   Pretend your computer is a Ferrari and the cable into your computer are the streets of Cebu City. Your shiney new car can go 225mph yet the streets just won't allow it

Living in RP you just need to accept that internet is a lucky dip. There is no rhyme or reason to it apart from the seemingly "don't give a damn" attitude of service providers like PLDT.   KonC

Posted Images

USMC-Retired

I would assume it is 1Mb also. I have 2Mb up and down. Works ok

Cebudog

Globe Wimax and 4.3 mbps fairly consistently except yesterday. : )

Wolfpack

OP, your connection must be 1.0 Mb/s not 10.0 as you stated. Check your bill.

when I look at "Local Area Connection"...in my PC...it says my connection is 10.0 Mbps

Edited by Mr. Wonderful
JasonEcos

when I look at "Local Area Connection"...in my PC...it says my connection is 10.0 Mbps

Mine says 100mbps. But when I do a speed test I am currently getting 1.1mbps.  The figure stated in the connection menu isn't the actual speed.  Try speedtest.net its free and takes 30seconds.

enoonmai

You're looking at the speed of your network card, you need to look at your bill or call smart to determine what your internet speed should be.

USMC-Retired

Mr wondetful look at this,

Pretend your computer is a Ferrari and the cable into your computer are the streets of Cebu City. Your shiney new car can go 225mph yet the streets just won't allow it. There you go.

• Like 4
Wolfpack

Mr wondetful look at this,

Pretend your computer is a Ferrari and the cable into your computer are the streets of Cebu City. Your shiney new car can go 225mph yet the streets just won't allow it. There you go.

depends on what time it is...about 3 AM...oh never mind...

USMC-Retired

Well that even goes more to the analogy. As the streets advertise 60kmh you can never reach that speed. That is unless its 3am. The congestion is always to great.

miles-high

Let’s figure this out… PLDT owns Globe, Smart and Sun… Many locations they share antennas… At those higher frequencies, the beams are very directional and fan-shaped… Eash ISP “tunes” their antenna directions, fan-shapes and tilt angles to suit their customer bases and demands… Keep their high-rollers satisfied, so to speak…

So, what can you do? Move your house but it’s not easy to find where those beams are concentrated… Besides, you don’t really want to be too close to their high-intensity radio field, not to mention it's expensive to move your house, room, etc…

Move YOUR antenna? Could be simple enough but you may end up staying in your CR… You could buy a G3, G4, LTE booster (some are very expensive) but the signal strength or S/N is just one of the factors affecting your speed…

So, I would say you should get a medium speed wired Internet if you could and add a WiFi to a load balancing router (or a computer which takes both wired and WiFi) for the most cost-effective solution…

:rofl: 

Edited by miles-high
Davaoeno

PLDT owns Globe

well that will be a big surprise to Globe !!   Especially since the single biggest common shareholder of Globe is Singapore Telecom

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

2889120236.png

I pay for 10Mb/s with Globe. Never seen it even 9Mb/s

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Download: 95.08Mb/s

Upload: 75.08Mb/s

http://www.speedtest.net/

Damn that's fast. What kind of connection do you have?