How fast is your internet

Wolfpack

My internet speed thru SMART is 10.0 Mbps (whatever that means)

is that fast? works for me...

how fast is your internet (like I am gonna understand the terms anyway...I'm not)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolfpack

• USMC-Retired

• enoonmai

• tommax

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr wondetful look at this,   Pretend your computer is a Ferrari and the cable into your computer are the streets of Cebu City. Your shiney new car can go 225mph yet the streets just won't allow it

Living in RP you just need to accept that internet is a lucky dip. There is no rhyme or reason to it apart from the seemingly "don't give a damn" attitude of service providers like PLDT.   KonC

Posted Images

HeyMike

I only have 50 million (US) dollars in the bank. Is that a lot? (just sassing you). Coz I have a whopping 2 mbps speed with Globe dsl.

Wolfpack

I only have 50 million (US) dollars in the bank. Is that a lot? (just sassing you). Coz I have a whopping 2 mbps speed with Globe dsl.

wondering how fast it is in Cebu city...as someone told a newbie he needs to live in the city because th internet speen is so much faster...

KennyF

Living in RP you just need to accept that internet is a lucky dip.

There is no rhyme or reason to it apart from the seemingly "don't give a damn" attitude of service providers like PLDT.

KonC

• Like 2
throttleplate

i am visiting my dad in the usa and his speed is 0.35 mbps,i feel right at home

• Like 2
LastManStanding

I have 10mb PLDT.  Smart 999 which is like 512K last time I checked but it seems to burst to 2mb at night or something.

My other place is 1mb PLDT cause the connection is garbage.

How do you get a 10mb on SMART?

JasonEcos

My internet speed thru SMART is 10.0 Mbps (whatever that means)

is that fast? works for me...

how fast is your internet (like I am gonna understand the terms anyway...I'm not)

Did you run a speed test to see if you are actually getting 10mbps?  Try at www.speedtest.net . 

I think we are signed up for 3mbps but we usually get under 1. Actually right now we don't even have our own connection. When we moved into this house PLDT was "all out of lines to that area" so even though all of our neighbors have PLDT, we couldn't get them. So our neighbor suggested we run a line to his house/store so we can use his net. Sometimes when people use the net there it slows us down here but its not me who has to call PLDT when there is a problem so I'm perfectly content with this arrangement just to avoid arguing with them on the phone.

Back in the US I had Comcast cable and it was supposed to be 3mbps. I got 12mbps+. For like $30/month. I really miss that sometimes....

• Like 1

the smart stick you can get it fast in city i think up to 5mbps 

i have 2.7mbps and we dont live in city so that is as fast as i can go some nights it will go up to 5 mbps 

in manila the new fiber is up to 100mbps at a cost of only 24 000 p lol 

and it is sad how people here just dont care and will pay what ever they are told 

enoonmai

10.0 Mbps (whatever that means)

It means 10 million bits (not byes) per second but your contract probably states "up to" x Mb/s meaning that's the max; you're probably not consistently getting that, if at all. As others have said you should test it, I'm sure you're paying for that speed. Globe told me they will open a ticket if the avg of 3 consecutive speed tests is less then 60% of what it should be. 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Mine is 60Mbps where I am now. In the Philippines I get crap for double what I pay here. 

I think it is a government conspiracy. They realize that if they give super fast internet to the masses then all productivity would change from almost none to zero. 

• Like 1
enoonmai

OP, your connection must be 1.0 Mb/s not 10.0 as you stated. Check your bill.