Sign in to follow this  
gmb8585

Moalboal-Outer reef Adventures

gmb8585

does anyone if Outer reef Adventures, a dive company owned by Roger Carraway is still is business. I started the open water course last year but was unable to finish. I know roger had to go back to the states for a while this spring but have been unable to contact him and I wanted to finish up the course this fall in november.  Any way anyone in Moalboal got the skinny on what the situation is with Roger. Would rather not have to repeat everything i already did including the written exam as I only need to complete the open water dives for certification  thx

• Like 1

Paul

Rogersea is his username. As I recall, he decided, for some reason, not to post here again. I don't recall what it was, now. 

He's a nice guy, and used to use the pool at a place I frequently stayed at, in Moalboal, for training students. 

Edited by Paul

SkyMan

does anyone if Outer reef Adventures, a dive company owned by Roger Carraway is still is business. I started the open water course last year but was unable to finish. I know roger had to go back to the states for a while this spring but have been unable to contact him and I wanted to finish up the course this fall in november.  Any way anyone in Moalboal got the skinny on what the situation is with Roger. Would rather not have to repeat everything i already did including the written exam as I only need to complete the open water dives for certification  thx

Do you have anything showing you passed the test already?  Do you know which dive organization it went through?  PADI is the largest but there are many.  Another instructor here would probably finish you up if you can't find Roger.  Or since it's August you might do your dives there before you come and you'll be ready to dive when you get here instead of wasting vacation time doing check dives.

hyaku

does anyone if Outer reef Adventures, a dive company owned by Roger Carraway is still is business. I started the open water course last year but was unable to finish. I know roger had to go back to the states for a while this spring but have been unable to contact him and I wanted to finish up the course this fall in november. Any way anyone in Moalboal got the skinny on what the situation is with Roger. Would rather not have to repeat everything i already did including the written exam as I only need to complete the open water dives for certification thx

Half Baked

No, he does not have his business anymore there in Moalboal.

I forget the SCUBA forum he is on, try googling, "SCUBA Rogersea" you should be able to find him. He's a really friendly guy, as you know from having lessons from him.

Paul

No, he does not have his business anymore there in Moalboal.

I forget the SCUBA forum he is on, try googling, "SCUBA Rogersea" you should be able to find him. He's a really friendly guy, as you know from having lessons from him.

I hate to hear that. Do you know if he still has a dive business elsewhere in the Philippines?

hyaku

If he's a P.A.D.I. Instructor they will tell you where he is if he's diving. When I worked my way up to Divemaster I did this before to find my Instructor as he moved with the seasons from country to country.

gmb8585

Too bad he no longer has his business, and no i don't anything to show i did all the pool dives and passed the written portion of the course, and it was PADI course. all i had to do was 4 open water dives with the appropriate skills demonstrated. In any event, no big deal, I'll do it again if i have too.  I will try to google him under rogersea and thru PADI  though, and yes i thought he was a great guy to deal with and hope he is well and doing well.

gmb8585

Oh and just for curiosity sake, why did leave Moalboal if you know. I'm  just being nosy i know but ....

Half Baked

I hate to hear that. Do you know if he still has a dive business elsewhere in the Philippines?

No, I don't know.

I met he and his wife at the US consulate. He was saying that he had a scuba business in Moalboal but that it just wasn't making any money, so he sold it. He was traveling back to the states to take care of some business and do his taxes, at that time. I emailed him some time later, and said that I was interested in learning scuba and that reviews for his instruction were excellent. He emailed me back and said that he would introduce me to scuba once he gets back to PI. Haven't heard from him since. I forget when we emailed, maybe 3 or 4 months ago.

hyaku

Contact P.A.D.I Australia. Last time I checked they keep a track on instructors.

broden

R.I.P.

Headshot

Unfortunately, Roger died on Thursday in the US after losing his battle with cancer.

Edited by Headshot