hchoate

Clear titles are not transferable. It's a ten or five year wait after title is processed depends if it's DAR or DNR

Wow. Wish I understood all that. Or maybe not. Might drive me raving insane.

KadoKaru

("RENT")Chances are strong that anything you think you'd be gaining by buying will be lost one way or another............

Contango

I Can tell you it is a problem there. I have walked the streets of Manila late at night and know there is an estimated 2 million people living in the street.

~

2 million living on the streets in a city of 12 million, dude seriously 16% of the Manila Metro Area population live on the streets?...where are they all hiding? i saw maybe 20 homeless people on my last 2 week trip.

• Like 1
redman69

headshot, your post is helpful in many ways. and I never knew why the bubble never came. Now I do. it is obvious. I looked at Camela homes in Carcar. the model home had a leaking roof, the stucoo was falling off the outside. the lot had elbow room between houses. I asked about want power run to a insta hot. internet in house. A/c circuits added. And they said oh, no it is as is. You can not put a single up grade into the house not even built yet. just walked away from that deal. seeing the other options like building your own has its whole set of problems. but I do agree that there is no bubble if everything is paid for before it is built. and I hate to admit that many loss the down payment. It is a shame the way systems play on peoples weakness. You have a wife. she wants a house. You want a loving sexual adventure. you sign pappers. Get layed off and wife hates you the rest of your life. it is the same everywhere

redman69

you should read UN world statistics. it is on the web. Go to the area around oceana park. at 11pm. start walking on bay walk towards the yacht club. And count how many you see. Then get back to me with the 20 you have seen. Or go to Smokey Moutian where the city trash is dumped. And read up on the estimated 50,000 living on the trash heap. Please google it. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.umc.org/atf/cf/%257BDB6A45E4-C446-4248-82C8-E131B6424741%257D/umns_514_071009_468.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.umc.org/site/apps/nlnet/content3.aspx?c%3DlwL4KnN1LtH%26b%3D4954995%26ct%3D4535457%26notoc%3D1&h=297&w=468&sz=57&tbnid=tHkiC6s6YL5c9M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=142&zoom=1&usg=__ax2UgkHuwCu1Y0AGm46rGH58xck=&docid=t_pZcIavL9dG8M&sa=X&ei=0iP1UYeFHq3e4AOzwoG4BQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQ9QEwAQ&dur=900

just so you I have been there. Yes they have covered it up lately. Ask yourself where all the squatters went. Oh, Government substidited housing in Makati. I forgot about reading that.

Or maybe Imelda bought them all houses in Cavite.

Please walk the route I told you from the Ocean park to the yacht club at 11pm and trust me take a counter with you. get back on how many you find there. then walk the port area to the north. That will get you to a couple thousand. Do not forget to count all the familys living in trikes, and Jimpnees

shadow

As I already mentioned here or on another post. Clear titles are not transferable. It's a ten or five year wait after title is processed depends if it's DAR or DNR My wife is selling a house. The tenant wants a mortgage but needs a titled property. It costs 14 thou to title. If the house is clear on ownership and taxes title it after you buy if you have no plans to resell.

Sent from my Cruize W280 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

An ORIGINAL certificate of title (OCT) is not transferable for 5 or 10 years. This is to allow time for anyone with a claim to the land to come out of the woodwork. This is not synonymous with a "clear title", but in Pinoyland they may call it "clear", even if they know it's not (their cousin may be planning to make a claim).

A TRANSFER certificate of title is what I would call a clear title. A TRANSFER certificate of title (TCT) is issued after the property had already gone through the 5 year wait, and been sold or transferred again, thus initiating a clear title. If a TCT is without a bank lien, etc. being placed on it, THAT would be considered a clear title. A transfer certificate of title can be transferred at any time, even mere weeks after the previous transfer...

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
redman69

You know what the strangest thing about your coments of my ignorance Is. I got my knowledge from your earlier post where you said you got messed up with the wrong girl who lied to you and so did her family. that you had to pay either a 100,000 or a million to pay off a lein from a relative to sell your property. Does this mean I am ignorant for listening to memebers post on this site that match the same said by 50% of people who leave RP for their childrens futures, or they just can not live with the difference?  there is a book talked about here. Called culture shock wrote by alfredo Roces and his wife many have read it and all who have recommend it to others as I do. I read it and it helped me also about the differences. and it helped me to understand the saving face and how this is the reason behind asking a pinoy where something is. they tell you something to save face. the thought of saying I do not know is an abstract one in a culture about saving face. In the book it also talks about in western culture a loan means you get paid back. In Pinoy culture it does not. How does that apply to doing business like investing your hard earned money in property. well to explain it means it will not be understood. I think Einstein is the one who said any fool can know. the point is to understand. When in Rome do as the Romans. if you do not understand the romans how can you do as they do. I give references and examples like in the culture shock book in a effort to help people to understand.

Do I understand of course not. I can only share my experience. and it comes from many sourses. Even you. I am sure when you wrote about your personal experinces 3 years ago with the girl, the sabu, and your love and forgiving her. and how her sabu use effected your actions in buying a place for her while you went back to your county. and how that worked out for you in your property decision to get out of the whole deal. how you had to pay off people to make them go away so you could sell. I think it was in a relationship post. but you brought how it effected your business decisions and what you had to do to close out of deals you were in. I did not in any way think you were expressing sour grapes. I felt you were sharing your true feelings and experience to help the op.

that is all I was trying to do in sharing my experience in the RP and when giving the Austrialian and US embassy reference I was only giving my government the US opinion. I am not sure where in the UK, Germany, france or even china that we are warned not to go. but I have read of many places where they suggest US citizens not go in RP, My point about FED EX. is someone owned property and it got took from them. it is an example that you shared in a personal way. but the result is the same. FED EX got screwed and so did you. to understand why is not a stupid thing. or try to understand. I thank you for starting by saying you have no opinon about me. but I do form opinions and make judgements. I try to use as many sourse as possible to make them it is true. and when asked by people like the op I share my experinces. the experinces of others who were kind and honest enough to share theirs to make judgements. I am saying you were kind and I believe honest when you shared your experinces about property in the relationship thread. and I thank you for that. I wish you only the best. 

I applaud the efforts of the OP and others who want to get good info before they make important decisions. Regrettably, many of the responses end up wandering off topic onto the issue of hurt feelings and "misunderstandings". Too bad for those who come to this forum to get useful guidance from people who have "been there, done that".

Living here, as anywhere, presents the same problem to a newcomer. The questions are the same whether it is in Europe, the Americas or Asia/Pacific countries. The most common advice you will read, and the most reliable is to come here first before making any decisions. I have had the experience as many in the forum, of moving from country to country and home to home. In every case, I had the same dread as I approached the new locale. Would the new home be suitable, would the neighbors be friendly, is it safe to walk at night, and so on.

I have five parcels of land. Three of those have houses on them. One of them has a house and two businesses on it. That may give a casual reader the impression that I have some good experience and knowledge about real estate and such. Not true, even slightly.

Of these parcels, there is no "clear title" to any. Three of them have only deeds to serve as proof of ownership. One of them is actually on private and government land with little hope of ever having "clear title".

Could I explain all of this. Yes, but it would take a lot of time and be understandable only to someone who has lived here a while.

I am supportive of anyone who wants to be here with their loved ones. It takes a lot of effort to make the change from whatever life you have now to the unfamiliar turf of the Philippines. No matter how hard I try, I will always feel a bit like Alice did in Wonderland.

The questions asked about land ownership, building a home, renting and such are all asked and answered in this forum. It takes a bit of reading to find it, but with patience, the info is there. The hosts of this forum have been helpful in retaining older useful dialogues. Regrettably, you'll have to read a lot of opinions on the way to gettng the info. Some of these opinions stray a bit from the original query about land and homes.

I don't want to get flamed for writing this so I won't be critical of those who just want their opinions heard. I just hope to encourage those who have reached out to the group for advice to be patient and read some of the older posts on these subjects.

Good luck.

• Like 3
Contango

you should read UN world statistics. it is on the web. Go to the area around oceana park. at 11pm. start walking on bay walk towards the yacht club. And count how many you see. Then get back to me with the 20 you have seen. Or go to Smokey Moutian where the city trash is dumped. And read up on the estimated 50,000 living on the trash heap. Please google it.

So i Googled it, just spent a solid 40 minutes looking and couldn't find anything to support your "2 million living on the streets" claim, i think you mite be confusing the streets with poverty and or shanty housing, i spent a day in the ocean park/Rizal park area on my last trip and saw maybe 20 people who probably were homeless and thinking about it now i reckon i saw maybe another 200 or so that were marginal...i saw a lot of poor people for sure.

As for 2 Million "living on the streets", no that's just not true.

redman69

here are the conferences and un and asean pact stuff I referenced. please note the last unicef report on child sqauler in RP. 50% of kids do not have clean drinking water. there are no sewer plants in the citys. the rivers carry the waste. And the kids bath in the rivers. I have seen it for 20 years. Read the reports in the attachment. And think about your next two weeks and maybe helping at least just one kid to a dental appointment, Another to hep a and b shots. you will be saving a life.

http://www.trust.org/item/?map=child-poverty-in-philippines-often-worst-in-cities-unicef/

I had many other sites on a list that I can not copy and paste. so here is the child in squalor. and you are right in manila in this report it says 1.7 million living in squalor with no clean water, sewers or schools. A downward spiral is what they say. So I missed it by 15% I agree. And yes to me sleeping under a tin roof on cardboard with no water or sewer is homeless. I lived on the streets of DC in my youth. I had cardboard on grates for heat. The gospel mission at 5th and H st nw for a meal and shower. and could go to the catholic church and get 10 dollars a day. dimes or nickels. and go to any hospital for free health care and to the local methodone clinic for 15 dollars a week. I am telling you I finished 9th grade and had all this. the 1.7 million have none of this. Yes a few a small few will get out. it is a mean cycle. if only grandma owned the lot and shack they would have something to build from. But now SM, Ayala, or a congressman will want to put something there and take it. they know that so why put up a block wall. You see what I mean. I hope you do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_Philippines

this list how many live on 1.25 cents a day and amount on less than 2 dollarshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_percentage_of_population_living_in_poverty

this is aseana conference

https://www.google.com/search?q=thhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.asean.org%2Fcomponent%2Fsearch%2F%3Fsearchword%3Dproperty%2520rights%2520to%2520releive%2520poverty%26q%3Dproperty%2520rights%2520to%2520releive%2520poverty%26searchphrase%3Dexact%26Itemid%3D105e+desire+to+relieve+porverty.+Search+future+goals+and+time+frames+to+impiment&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS452PH456&oq=thhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.asean.org%2Fcomponent%2Fsearch%2F%3Fsearchword%3Dproperty%2520rights%2520to%2520releive%2520poverty%26q%3Dproperty%2520rights%2520to%2520releive%2520poverty%26searchphrase%3Dexact%26Itemid%3D105e+desire+to+relieve+porverty.+Search+future+goals+and+time+frames+to+impiment&aqs=chrome.0.69i57j69i58.14076j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

this last one has 50K homeless on the streets of new York.

https://sites.google.com/site/whathappenedtothehomeless/a-walk-through-the-city

So yes my country has its problems too. but we can buy, own and sell land as we like. It is a big difference. I hope you take the time to read the unicef report. I am not putting RP down hell my only two kids are half pinoy. they do not like going there with their mother because of the poverty and it bothers them. I wish it didn't but it does. Oh, they liked Boracay. but not manila, Cebu or Butuan. 

Edited by redman69
redman69

I admit I like to be right. but the stuff I am talking about is not right and wrong. it as you can see a world topic for discussion. and to all I think the cost of 100 sqm is what causes people to squat and once that happens there is no sence in up keep. Peru is doing it now and chile did it long time ago. China is doing it. and Malaysia is doing it with a good pension visa. you can buy and sell. I have just paid 14,000.00 dollars for land that is not title. 400 sqm. to build a house for my mother in law and gay sister inlaw. I will not build the house until the transfer of title signed be the 9 or 10 heirs is recorded. they can not understand why not. they have a bill of sale. Well Daveno explained why in another thread I have read many stories about leins by heirs. it is not in my name. But my Fiance. the house will not be in my name either. it will be hers in the pre nup. Yet she already knows about letting relatives build on the side of your house. as to try to sell mean to tear down their shack and through them off the land to beable to sell. And I intend to put a 1.5 to 2 million house their if they ever get deed transferred. So yes I really know not to have to much in your name there as your own realatives will knock you off to get your land. Read about it daily on another board. Just part of poverty and no proptety rights. here when I die my two girls inheirit my home. just a simple will. they do not have to worry about a neibor stealing it while in estate litigation. I only give money to the RP that I can  afford to loose.

Edited by redman69
  • Like 1