• Admin (Retired)
broden

congrats .. have a wonderful reunion and the many years ahead

USMC-Retired

That is awesome. We are right behind ya Gotta wait for cheaper airfare as there are 4 of us. So September 4th saves us almost $1,000. Congrats I know you are very excited skype gets old very fast.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

congrats to you too Tim .. i guess you got your tickets ordered

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

11 months is a long time I am lucky I could live here and not skype it. Just glad for P it all worked out and no extra issues.

That is our date.

Edited by USMC-Retired
tripsigg

11 months? Why didn't you just get her a tourist visa? That's so much easier and a lot less hassle. 

Maybe Next Yr

11 months? Why didn't you just get her a tourist visa? That's so much easier and a lot less hassle. 

I was in Cebu a couple times during that 11 months, I usually spent 3 to 4 weeks there 3 times a year.

I did look into it but I was told that a tourist visa was much harder to get ... hmmmm ... all water "under the bridge now"!

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I was in Cebu a couple times during that 11 months, I usually spent 3 to 4 weeks there 3 times a year.

I did look into it but I was told that a tourist visa was much harder to get ... hmmmm ... all water "under the bridge now"!

yeah start cleaning up the house so she won't realize what a bum you are right away

• Like 1
tripsigg

Yeah I know. I'm a firm advocate in the US revamping their spousal visa requirements. They should issue tourist visas to spouses of American citizens if they have been married for at least 5 years OR have a CRBA issued for a child between them. The CRBA already proves to the state department that a bonafide relationship exists. Let the spouse then adjust status in the US. It would simplify immigration and bring about family unification. 

• Like 1