Gcash or Smart-Money

samatm

So how many of you have either a Gcash account or a Smart Money account?      Im interested in your feedback if they are easy to register for and easy to use.   What is the service fee for sending cash via Gcash or smart money.

Shouldn't we all have a  mobile money platform ?    

Found this link:   http://news.txtbuff.com/globe-gcash-vs-smart-money/    as comparison but i still would like to hear of your firsthand experiences.

Thanks

thebob

I use Gcash to send money from Japan. I'm very pleased with the service and it fills the hole that was left when Xoom stopped accepting Paypal or non US credit cards.

I find the rates competitive. Signing up in Japan meant that they have to send you a starter pack by registered post. The Gcash site is bilingual in Japanese and English.

https://www.gcash.jp

I can load my account there at most convenience stores, and reimbursement is through most pawn shops in Cebu. I like the feature that texts my recipient directly from the site.

Edited by thebob
samatm

Cool.   i didn't really think of folks using Gcash for remittance from abroad.   It looks convenient and easy to establish for those living here in the PI.   The link i posted earlier indicated it was just a text message away from registering.

others experience using Using Gcash ? 

Mactan Mark

I use Gcash daily. I accept it as payment for products I sell. Easy to set up and very reliable.  The fees are acceptable and it is much more popular with the Filipinos than Smart Money. Most banks and pawnshops are authorized dealers. 

thebob

Cool.   i didn't really think of folks using Gcash for remittance from abroad.   It looks convenient and easy to establish for those living here in the PI.   The link i posted earlier indicated it was just a text message away from registering.

There is a 100,000 Yen limit per month, which is about 43,000 Pesos at the moment. Transactions are usually completed in about a minute. I get an email notification when the recipient has accessed the funds.

There is no need for your recipient to sign up. Photo id and a transaction number is all that is required.

• Like 1
samatm

I use Gcash daily. I accept it as payment for products I sell. Easy to set up and very reliable.  The fees are acceptable and it is much more popular with the Filipinos than Smart Money. Most banks and pawnshops are authorized dealers. 

Ok great info.  The reason I am inquiring is because  I  had the idea to start a Charity NFL Survivor pool  which is managed online.    The audience would mainly be expats.     I am looking for an easy mechanism for folks to contribute. Gcash sounds easy enough. 

Mechanics would be  players contribute one time 1500 pesos.     Each week they pick one winner from out of all the games being played that week.   If a loser is picked that player is out for the rest of the season.  Only caveat is  A team can only be picked one time during the regular season. That way players have be judicious in selecting power teams to win  as they can only be picked one time.     I will allow a mulligan (1 missed prediction)  during the first half of the season as it is  difficult to know how teams will fair right out of the gate.  

The beneficiary charity will be Operation Smile -- the medical mission team that helps repair Cleft palate  for children suffering with facial disfigurement.   The Charity will receive 50% .. The winner to receive 50%.   My contribution would be covering the cost of the hosting site which could be considerably more than 1500 depending on the number of participants.  And If I should win I will donate 100% to the charity. 

It will be  a lot of fun and one doesn't need to have an NFL football IQ to play.    So all our Non American friends are very welcome to join. 

Edited by samatm
Davaoeno

Is it legal to run a lottery here ?  I'm surprised, because most places have very strict regulations

samatm

Is it legal to run a lottery here ?  I'm surprised, because most places have very strict regulations

I dunno.  Is what i am proposing a "lottery"     if found this regarding charitable raffles:  http://www.dswd.gov.ph/2012/05/securing-a-solicitation-permit/     looks like a lot of red tape but probably needed regulations to clamp down on scammers.