Permission to leave the country for Filipinos...

JasonEcos

Huh...I had never heard of these problems.

We have only left the country once together, about a year and a half ago. She was 33 (her first time leaving the country), and we went to Hong Kong for a few days. They basically looked at our passports and told us to have a good trip. We were through the line in under 1minute.

We might be taking another trip in a month...hopefully we don't have any problems.

USMC-Retired

We had zero issue nor any questions wgen the wife and I went to Singapore. We were prepared for it. Just was easy.

mpt1947

My wife and I have been to Hong Kong twice in the last 3 years or so - no questions no problems - except this last time in Hong Kong - my wife hasn't changed the name on her passport so additional ID didn't match - no big deal.

It isn't polite to share my wife's age on this board - but I haven't seen any age yet that she is younger than - I think age does play a factor and maybe attitude.

JMHO

now this is sadly funny 

i know how much  pinoy loves to talk about there democratic government 

only government i know of refusing to let you leave your own country is communist

so what is all the democracy here about

any way thanks to this post now i know we will have more paper work o do before leaving

and that is not what the doctor order  

There have been thousands of cases where Filipinos have travelled overseas after being recruited by illegal recruitment companies. Often the jobs don't exist and they are forced into crime and prostitution.

Possibly the immigration are taking this into account.

I am currently in a country where you can't leave without an exit permit from the employer.

Davaoeno

There have been thousands of cases where Filipinos have travelled overseas after being recruited by illegal recruitment companies. Often the jobs don't exist and they are forced into crime and prostitution.

Possibly the immigration are taking this into account.

I am currently in a country where you can't leave without an exit permit from the employer.

My gf is a teacher and thus hired by the Phil  government- and she was refused to board a flight to Singapore from Cebu because she didnt have a letter of permission from her employer !!  Apparently that rule applies to all government employees in the Phil 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Recent discussions in the Cambodia thread made me realise that there may be problems when I take my middle aged Philippine girlfriend to Malaysia for her birthday, a trip of about 5 days.  The thread discussed preventing Filipinos from leaving the country, and asking a number of questions before denying/allowing the privilege.  Is this likely to happen?  We'll get a return ticket back to Manila (and I'll be getting a third "throwaway" ticket back to an inexpensive destination that I won't actually use).  I'll have printouts of my accounts showing I've got funds, also some emergency Malaysian cash, a printout of the booking where we'll be staying in Malaysia.

So are there likely to be issues?  Also, when does this "questioning" happen at the airport?  Before you present your ticket or after etc.  Thanks.

Discussion on the Cambodia thread: http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/61619-cambodia-no-country-for-old-men/page-3#entry679744

You will be fine unless either/both of you exhibit some extremely remarkable traits that cause the rather inept team of investigators to take note of you at the airport. 

With one caveat- if your beloved has a past which included her being pulled for one reason or another in the past, this could also be interesting for you. But I would say based on what info you have disclosed the odds are very good you will have no issues.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Bullshit. It isn't about proving anything to them. It's all about them having the power to dictate whether you, as a Filipino National, can leave the country. Php 10,000 per month Immigration Officers sitting there acting like a god. 

My g/f had EVERYTHING that was required, and they still asked her, why so long before she was returning? (Her return ticket was for December, and she arrived here in April.) She had a baby in tow, had a photocopy of MY passport Identification page, and all other documentation. They just want to be pains in the ass about it, because they can be. 

Yea I double triple super agree... Ive said it before and will say it again - its the Filiino's own fault, they tolerate it. There should be marching demonstrations about this. Its a fundamental human right in so called 'free nations that is: the right of free travel. Problem is, well the reality is, if the gates were left wide open the Philippine passport would probably enjoy even less courtesy visas worldwide than they do now. Have a look at where a Filipino passport can go without prearrainged visas (and without a permanent residency visa for a major superpower country) and you wil see how the rest of the world views it as well. 

Filipinos don't have a very good track record for going home when expected. Gee, wonder why.

Edited by Monsoon

Many countries don't allow freedom of travel. Qatar being one of them. This is among the doubts of them being awarded the 2002 football world cup.

SkyMan

Or maybe they have a secret profiling system in place... and we look good...

Maybe you fit the profile they want to get rid of?  :rofl:    j/k
  • Like 1
USMC-Retired

what i find exception with here is the selective enforcement. The lack of standarized rules that always leave things at the discretion of X. That person is never held accountable for this profiling.

tripsigg

This is the way of the Philippine government. I first ran into this problem in 2001. I have been prepared ever since and know that the bitches, bastards and goons of immigration will always play games with my wives. Nowadays we look like a group of friends when we go through immi, kids in tow, we make lots of noise and look like the well to do class. They don't bother us. 

The f*ckers seem to really hassle the poor.....f*ckers deserve to d.....