Amazon Prime movies with geographical restrictions…

miles-high

If you are an Amazon Prime member, you would get free movies… but the download is geographically restricted.

Since you are paying for the membership, you should get them even in the Philippines?

What would be the easiest way to watch those movies? ;)

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

A VPN.

Ive been using strongvpn for years. Pretty reliable and very reasonably priced. Comes in handy for those websites that insist on flagging any order coming from a Philippine IP as fraud as well.

Edited by Monsoon
smokey

If you are an Amazon Prime member, you would get free movies… but the download is geographically restricted.

Since you are paying for the membership, you should get them even in the Philippines?

What would be the easiest way to watch those movies? ;)

just like cell phone charges its not amazon dont want you to watch the government wont allow with out a fee to them just like you can call Thailand from the usa for 5 cents a min but the Philippines is 11 plus a min
Knowdafish

Just use an ip hiding program, many are even free. Done deal, back to the free movies. You are going to make copies of them to share aren't you?  :D

Google:

Spotflux

or 

HotSpotShield

miles-high

Thanks, Guys… Although I could connect my computer to TV to watch those movies, is there a way to install VPN on my TV?

My TV (SONY) is connected to the Internet (wired) for YouTube, Skype and other web browsing, but I have no idea how to install other programs… The first thing is for me to find an ops manual and to see if there is a hard disk/SSD to install the VPN software??? :idontknow:

Knowdafish

Thanks, Guys… Although I could connect my computer to TV to watch those movies, is there a way to install VPN on my TV?

My TV (SONY) is connected to the Internet (wired) for YouTube, Skype and other web browsing, but I have no idea how to install other programs… The first thing is for me to find an ops manual and to see if there is a hard disk/SSD to install the VPN software??? :idontknow:

The movies you want to download from Amazon get downloaded to what? The T.V.? A Black box? Or? 

miles-high

Hmmm, I don't know as I could not get to the download screen due to the restriction... I thought it was a streaming video but I don't really know... well, I guess I would try first on my computer...

I bought an ausus router. Very fast specs. ( RT-N16     ) I entered the vpn details into it. So I can just connect to that network and all the connections will use the vpn. My vpn has several countries as servers. I mainly use the US and UK ones. it works great. I think I pay around 8 dollars a month for unlimited use of the vpn.

Cheers,

Darren

miles-high

HotSpotShield

Downloaded, installed and says "protected: IP Cincinnati, OH" but Amazon still says the movie not available for viewing outside the US... :(

Oh, well, I keep trying other methods... :)

All the free ones are totally crap and a waste of time. Tried the free route. A complete waste of time. Hell I would pay 8 bucks a month to watch hulu alone.

• 2 weeks later...
SirMadrigal

You need an actual VPN, if you wanna watch Prime INstant Video and you are lazy you could always do as stated above, set your router up to connect to a VPN and then to take it a step further if you do not want to connect a PC to your TV you can get a ROKU device I have one of these here at the house in the states as I have a nice 1080p TV but its older model and doesn't have any apps on it.

Works like a charm.

Amazon Prime has a very limited selection on it compared to Hulu and Netflix for TV, it does however have the new TV series "The Dome" by Steven King which thus far is proving to be very entertaining.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

VPN will usually slow down your connection here from the Philippines. I use a company called unblock us which cost me $4.99 a month. All you do is change your DNS to one of theirs. With it, I can watch Netflix, Amazon, Hulu Plus and Vudu. There are many more you can accesses well. Your speed won't be effected this way. I made the DNS change to my router so all my devises as well as my PC, smart phones (at home on WiFi) and iPad can also access these sites. I can also stream anything from my PC, phone or iPad to my TV through my Roku box via Ethernet or WiFi.

I've just watched the entire 3 seasons of Falling Skies and all The Dome shows as well. I don't even us my cable anymore except for local stuff.

• Like 1