Sign in to follow this  
bepresentnow

best ribs in town! found completely by accident

dc3driver

Thanks for the report, I live close to there. That place is new & was wondering about it.

• Like 1

Wolfpack

My personal preference when it comes to bbq ribs...is actually found at S & R Membership Shopping...they stock Lloyd's St Louis Style Pork Spareribs...in the frozen food section...

I let them thaw...put them on some Kingsford Charcoal...and I find this to be the BEST ribs (when prepared this way)

Might not be the most affordable though...

post-14653-0-36475400-1374592087_thumb.jpg

I drove pass this rib place in Talamban today, hole in wall place, and decided to take a gamble, so glad I did.I'm from the south, I know good ribs.

The place is K.Ribs Grill Haus, outside of Sunny Hills subdivision, just about 50 meters north of it on the same side. I ordered a few slabs, the meat comes out real tender, smoky, & very moist. It came with some dips - the spicy wasabi sauce was enough for me to come back.

They had 4 type of ribs, a decent size order is p200. I'll post some pictures later.

ILoveCyrus

I eat only Beef ribs..... do they have Beef?

• Like 1

Knowdafish

I eat only Beef ribs..... do they have Beef?

Wheres-the-Beef1.jpg

• Like 5

Half Baked

Checked their facebutt page, they deliver so were waiting on our ribs right now. FB says they are open from 11a - 10 p.

Their # is (032) 406-1109.

• Like 1

senseless

Found a joint here in manila called "Racks". It's a chain apparently started by an american from the deep south. Simply amazing food, there are several stores located throughout manila, next time you stop through or lay over, go out and get some. (They have beef ribs)

https://www.facebook.com/RacksPHL

• Like 1

smidsy

I always wanted to try dog !

:dance2:

CebuKano

Checked their facebutt page, they deliver so were waiting on our ribs right now. FB says they are open from 11a - 10 p.

Their # is (032) 406-1109.

Look forward to a full review :)

Half Baked

Well, just finished my slab o' ribs. And although they have the tell-tale signs of being boiled before actual cooking, these ribs are pretty darned good!

I had ordered the wasabi ribs, while the wife ordered regular BBQ ribs. When they got here we were unsure which order was which. So I tasted everything before letting her taste it. We finally found the wasabi BBQ sauce, man! Did we find it!!

The sauce is incredible! Yes, it's hot... So be prepared. But it's good. Ribs are for the most part fall off the bone tender. A little fight left in some!:) delivery was fast. My wife made the order, so I don't know how hard it is for a foreigner to make the actual order by phone. We live extremely close to the restaurant. Had rice as a side, it too was really good with the wasabi BBQ sauce. Think the whole order( 2 slabs of ribs and two orders of rice was php 447. Life is good! ( and spicy!!!)

Edited by Half Baked
  • Like 4

CebuKano

Well, just finished my slab o' ribs. And although they have the tell-tale signs of being boiled before actual cooking, these ribs are pretty darned good!

I had ordered the wasabi ribs, while the wife ordered regular BBQ ribs. When they got here we were unsure which order was which. So I tasted everything before letting her taste it. We finally found the wasabi BBQ sauce, man! Did we find it!!

The sauce is incredible! Yes, it's hot... So be prepared. But it's good. Ribs are for the most part fall off the bone tender. A little fight left in some!:) delivery was fast. My wife made the order, so I don't know how hard it is to make the actual order by phone. We live extremely close to the restaurant. Had rice as a side, it too was really good with the wasabi BBQ sauce. Think the whole order( 2 slabs of ribs and two orders of rice was php 447. Life is good! ( and spicy!!!)

Sounds great! We will be ordering some soon. Thanks for the review. :)

• Like 3

Wolfpack

The sauce is incredible! Yes, it's hot... So be prepared. But it's good. Ribs are for the most part fall off the bone tender. A little fight left in some! :) delivery was fast. My wife made the order, so I don't know how hard it is for a foreigner to make the actual order by phone. We live extremely close to the restaurant. Had rice as a side, it too was really good with the wasabi BBQ sauce. Think the whole order( 2 slabs of ribs and two orders of rice was php 447. Life is good! ( and spicy!!!)

great to hear you folks in the HIGH rent district can find a good meal for 447 pesos...

us folk her in the provinces...got to pay more than that for our transportation costs to the city and back!!!

• Like 4

dc3driver

We ate at K Ribs last night & it was excelent, the side dishes were good also. The Wasibi sauce wasn't real hot (used to hot being from New Mexico). 

I would eat there again any time. One thing to mention, we ate there in the early evening, during  rush hour. The place is close to a busy intersection & the air was too polluted for comfort. A less busy time would be better, or if you live close, get it to go or delivered.

• Like 4

dc3driver

I mentioned the air quality as there is no inside dinning there........

Buko Beach

I took my asawa to K Ribs yesterday afternoon (Sunday) and here is my review.

We ordered three kinds of ribs, Wasabi, Original BBQ and the Honey Glazed each 199php a slab for the full rack. When we walked up the place they did not look ready and opened. The woman told us to sit at the sinanga station on the other side since the plastic tables were not set up yet.

The ribs come with rice and were served on a ceramic plates big enough for the full rack to rest. The ribs tasted old, as if they were left-over from the previous day. The meat did not fall off the bone and seemed as if they just re-heated and put more sauce on top to try to cover up the fact they were old. The taste was good, the sauce even better. The wasabi ribs were not hot (atleast to me) yet still enjoyable and even my asawa who doesn't like food with alot of heat and spices was able to try the wasabi ribs.

We also ordered two side dishes, corn and carrots and potato wedges. The veggies seemed fresh from the can and I would not order them again. The wedges came as burnt fries and were fried in very old oil. I would skip the side dishes.

My asawa ordered bottomless ice-tea and I ordered a bottle of water. While the ice-tea was good no one came to refill and my bottled water was a brand I had never seen before in the Philippines. I looked closely at the bottle and noticed the cap was half on and half off the bottle, almost as if it had been used before and someone tried to refill it to save a few pesos. The visions of those kids in Slumdog millionaire came back to me and my asawa took the bottle back. They didn't charge us for it.

I can second the air quality issue. The resto is on a busy street and the exhaust is thick. I also encountered alot of flies. They were everywhere attacking and trying to land on the food. We ate quickly and I felt rushed, so maybe take out will be on deck next time. Total was 695php.

All in all I will give them another chance and go back to K Ribs and visit in the evening when they will be busier and hopefully the ribs will be fresher. Thanks to the OP for posting the info, we passed K Ribs alot but never stopped before.

Edited by Buko Beach