USMC-Retired

We went to get our CFO placed in her passport. They wanted the original reciept and the zip code for her parents. They were very solid and would not release with out.

I had the reciept and internet on the tablet. But hey for others keep in mind.

• Like 2
shadow

We went to get our CFO placed in her passport. They wanted the original reciept and the zip code for her parents. They were very solid and would not release with out.

I had the reciept and internet on the tablet. But hey for others keep in mind.

Terry and his wife (Tattoo guy as you called him) were also at the CFO collecting their sticker today. They said it took 15 minutes and all they asked to see was the certificate of completion and their marriage certificate.

This is why there are so many different stories surrounding visas, the experience of one person may be much different for another person doing it at the same time (not to mention months or years later).

Headshot

The devil is in the details. The strength of LinC Forums is that members tell the rest of us what we might expect in processes that many of us will face at some point. Thanks Tim for sharing this with us. When more people share, we get a more complete picture of how the processes are managed and what things might be asked or expected.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2
USMC-Retired

They did not want to see our marriage certificate. I had it with me.

Really I think things like orginal reciept, zip code or marriage certificate are just an attempt to make it harder to obtain.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 1
SkyMan

Really I think things like orginal reciept, zip code or marriage certificate are just an attempt to make it harder to obtain.

:good:
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Why would they ever want to make things harder?

Edited by Salty Dog
SkyMan

Why would they ever want to make things harder?

To give the appearance of having a useful function.

• Like 1
shadow

They did not want to see our marriage certificate. I had it with me.

Just give certain Filipinos just a little bit of power...

USMC-Retired

Why would they want to make it harder?

I pondered that questions so many times yet the actions when dealing with the Philippine Government amaze me. Why did they need her parents zip code? They will never mail her a letter. Orginal reciept why can they not tell if the certificate issued by them is a fake or do they not have a log.

They will have you run from office to office to get the document required. It is almost as though they do not want to do their jobs. Comlec ID we had to get a community tax stamp and barangy clearence. This is not required according to the order. Before we could submit the documents to correct the license we needed two legal size envelopes and shipping envelopes paid from JRS. Also updated Barangy Clearence and tax stamp. So it just goes on and on. If it happened one time I would say it is an exception but it happens at every office. The one thing is the huge lack of consistant action here. So when I go anywhere for dealings I take more then ever is required.

Also why does every Government agency keep and not return your orginal documents. I have bought gobs snd gobs of documents.

ed villas

what is the CFO STAMP and what does it mean?

anyway to oppress the people from making a "free choice"?

USMC-Retired

It is the Commision on Filipinos Overseas. It is required for every Filipino imigrating to another country. It can disqualify an individual from imigrating to another country during the interview. Why is it required. This is from the web sites front page:

" EVERY YEAR, they send over $20 billion worth of remittances into the country "

Yes they warn of dangers and do give helpful information which I applaud. Yet there is this constant under tone of not forgetting to send money.

• Like 1