troubel is with ECC Clearance

johnboy999

OK, njb, seeing as you are disregarding all the information from people who have gone through extensions and ECCs recently, may I suggest you contact the Bureau of Immigration in Manila and get the facts, seeing as the Dumaguete office has been giving you conflicting information. I'm sure they can tell you the truth as to whether you can still get your ECC in Cebu or if you need to travel to Manila to get it.

This is the contact information direct from the Bureau of Immigration website....

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=129&Itemid=73

BI MAIN OFFICE Bureau of Immigration 

Our contact form is currently under improvement, you can reach us through our details below:

Bureau of Immigration National Operations Center (BINOC)
+632 523-5081 | +632 523-6615 | +632 524-3769
1-800-100- ALIEN  (24/7 Toll Free)
For immigration inquiries, send it at:
[email protected]

Dual Citizenship Hotline
301-0756

BI Accreditation Unit
+632 338-4537

Bureau of Immigration Main Office
Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila
+632 527-3248
Like us on Facebook: Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines
Follow us on Twitter: BureauOfImmigration

• Like 2
SkyMan

I wasn't aware of that change yet - I was under the impression that the 6 month extensions could only be used to take you up to the 16 month mark???

well im at 19months or so and kind of planing on the entire renew bs 

but according to you i can just go to manila and get the 6 months visa there and stay up to 36 months ?????

any one else can confirm that 

couse i really like others have to start about buying the tickets hotel rooms and all 

thanks 

I dont think you can get more than 16 months normally

I think going up to 24 requires a letter to Manila but is fairly easy to acquire approval.  As for the 6 month visa going to 36 months, I know an individual on another forum who posted he had been in country 22 months and getting his last extension and asked for and received the 6 month extension.

And then there's this:

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2008&Itemid=103

IMPLEMENTATION OF THE LONG-STAY VISITOR VISA EXTENSION (LSVVE)                                    

MEMORANDUM ORDER No. RADJR-2013-007

Pursuant to Memorandum Circular No. RADJR-2013-002, the following guidelines are hereby issued in connection with the implementation of the LSVVE:

1. Applicability – The LSVVE shall apply to all nationals.

2.     Extension of Tourist Visa – Subsequent LSVVEs may be applied for during the last thirty (30) days     of the previously issued LSVVE, or upon the expiry of a regular visa extention.

3.    Restriction on Extensions – The approval of the Commissioner shall be required for visa     extensions when the number of months applied for would exceed the 16-month limit.

Foreign nationals with an accumulated total stay near the 16-month cap from the date of their latest     arrival should be informed of the preceding restriction should they apply for additional visa     extensions.

No LSVVE shall be issued to visa-required nationals whose stay exceeds twenty-four (24) months     and thirty-six (36) months for non visa-required nationals.

4.    Payment and Fees – An additional One Hundred Pesos (Php 100.00) as cost of the sticker visa shall     accrue for the account of the Bureau of Treasury.

Applicable visa extension fees shall still be collected based on the schedule of fees for the entire     six (6) month period.

5.    Implementation – The initial implementation on the LSVVE shall be limited to the BI Main Office     in Intramuros, Manila until further notice.

So if you're from a country such as the US that isn't required to have a visa on entry, you can stay for up to 36 months using the 6 month extensions. or 24 months if from a country that is required to have a visa on entry.

• Like 1
SkyMan

I will tell you 1 more time it happened on 19-20 of july 2013 (all the reference here is before) AND 1 last time it was then BROADCAST only BI IN MANILA CAN GIVE YOU THE ECC Clearance you can not get it in airports or sattelit office so l only ask info there is relevant thank you

Given your level of English and the likely level of who you were talking to at the Duma BoI, when you asked "Do I have to get the ECC in Manila?"  He/she probably thought you meant "Can I get the ECC in Manila?"  Which is why they said yes.  I'm almost certain you can also get one in Mandaue or Davao.  You can not get one at the airport.  Only persons with a 13A can get an ECC at the airport and that is the only place they can get one.

But as noted above, if you have some time left on your current extension you can almost certainly get another 2 month extension from the Duma BoI.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
johnboy999

I will tell you 1 more time it happened on 19-20 of july 2013 (all the reference here is before) AND 1 last time it was then BROADCAST only BI IN MANILA CAN GIVE YOU THE ECC Clearance you can not get it in airports or sattelit office so l only ask info there is relevant thank you

Can you tell us where this was broadcast, as I can't find any reference to this change of policy on the official Bureau of Immigration website. By BROADCAST, are we to assume you mean you saw it on the TV, heard it on the radio, saw it in the newspapers, or do you mean that is the information the woman behind the desk in Dumaguete BI told you?

throttleplate

i went through ECC,see my posts about it page 1,anyway i was wondering what would happen if you get a call from the usa from a sibling telling you your father,mother,children is in the hospitol and has only a couple days to live and if you need to get home NOW how in the hell can we get out of the country fast when we are required to go to cebu or manila and spend more time in getting ECC especially for us whom dont live in manila,cebu.A person would first have to get ecc than make a plane reservation in that order.I guess the funeral is the only thing we could make.

Stripe rider i ask for info not to get insultet by anyone- l startet fishing out of denmark when l was 14 years old, skipper from l was 20 to 53 years old on my own boat-I did live in england for 12 years 7 as british citicens l hold a 1 grade skipperticket in denmark and 1 grade in  england is well- l come here on a SRRV  but desided  go back to denmark(the relationsship no god) so while l wait for my money back l meet my fiance so l carried on by tourist visa and AR card - talk to my friend Bob he tells me you need to pay traveltax and ECC Clearance so l start google and then found the info l have told here -and up to 1/7-13 you could get ECC Clearance in dumaguete they have to send for it to manila 

so l went to BI here in dumaguete and ask about it and was told no only in MANILA BI  can you get it the week after l went for my last 2 months extension and ask again yes ONLY IN MANILA BI that was 8 in the morning we go pick up my extension 14.00 my fiance ask to make sure --you can get it "now" in CEBU but only in BI so l phone -yes sir no problem l ask what is the price oh l have to se your passport first l have just  told him l am on my last 2 months ext. and on touristcard AR 

and l found out the ECC Clerance is a law from 1947 then cost 20 peso but it is hard to find any fact on it 

l will be 70 next l come here to live in peace and obey the law and thats why l ask 

l was hoping someone have been in CEBU BI last week so l was sure -when l waited for get my $10.000 dollars back l phoned l mailed BI in MANILA no answer no 1 take the phone if someone did SORRY SIR HE IS OUT OF OFFICE same story when l mailed cebu BI in waterfront hotel you will have to ask Manila so l know ask if you get an answer from 3 peopel then you have 3 different answers it did take 6 months to get my money back

and thats why l ask here instead just go there l did live in CEBU  1 year so l know my way around there never been to manila 

and because the fellow in CEBU BI said l have to se your passport first make me think again 

SkyMan

Stripe rider i ask for info not to get insultet by anyone-

I'm sorry if you feel insulted but your English is difficult to follow. 

you can get it "now" in CEBU but only in BI

Yes, that's correct.  You cannot get it at the airport. 

the fellow in CEBU BI said l have to se your passport first make me think again

He wants to see if you've overstayed and make sure what type of visa you are on to see if there are other charges.

it did take 6 months to get my money back

So 6 months ago you were on the SRRV and then you switched back to tourist.  How is it you're out of extensions after just 6 months?  And it's not hard to extend up to 24 months if you have some time.
  • Like 1
johnboy999

Just to make it clear, njb. When everyone says go to Cebu BI, they mean ONLY the one at Mandaue, not the satellite office in Mactan, for example. Don't try to get an ECC at the Waterfront Hotel, you MUST go to Mandaue for it. That is the only place in Cebu that can help you

I am here 3 year last 14 months on tourist visa with AR card my visa runs out 23 of september but cheap tickets go quick - so l want to ordre but as you know ticket and ECC Cleranc go together and l have been in mandue BI  when l live in CEBU 

www.scubaboard.com  

give some info about what l ask l found more but -where ?-get lost sometime when google 

l sent mail to BI Manila about it 

i you extend after 16 months the price is 2830 +1000+100+ attorney pr 2 months + you have to ask Manila by post- salty dogs explain it very good but he cheated and make new date on paper he he

so just as easy to go to hongkong after the 16 months

johnboy999

Book your flights NOW before they all get sold, do NOT wait until you got your ECC - you are supposed to give them your flight details when you apply for the ECC. I see from the 6 month visa thread that BI Manila have confirmed you can get your ECC at the Mandaue BI office in Cebu - which is EXACTLY what we have told you from the start!!! This forum has lots of people who regularly use services from the BI, so it would be a good idea to listen to our advice, especially when several people all tell you the same fact which you later find out for yourself is correct!

As you've now found out, we are a friendly and helpful group in this forum, so please give people a bit more respect when they take the time to answer your questions  :thumbsup:

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I am here 3 year last 14 months on tourist visa with AR card my visa runs out 23 of september but cheap tickets go quick - so l want to ordre but as you know ticket and ECC Cleranc go together and l have been in mandue BI  when l live in CEBU 

www.scubaboard.com  

give some info about what l ask l found more but -where ?-get lost sometime when google 

i you extend after 16 months the price is 2830 +1000+100+ attorney pr 2 months + you have to ask Manila by post- salty dogs explain it very good but he cheated and make new date on paper he he

Not sure what you mean that I cheated. When I said I used the same letter, I meant I used the the same wording and only had to change the date. I still had to get it notarized each time and send it to Manila every two months.

Sorry if l misunderstand it salty dogs  just read you changed date on the norarized no l certanly didnt mean to offend you

www.scubaboard.com  

well salty dog is wrong i already post it here how is it and i know couse im doing it now but any way 

and now with the new 6 months visa you could just go to manila and get it there as well and up to 36 months