troubel is with ECC Clearance

Hey!l think l found out why the troubel is with ECC Clearance on 19/07-13 CEBU DAILY NEWS have an artikel about a canadian schooltacher there got out of the country on   8/7-13 she i involved in 2 boyes drowned from a school and that was the last straw for headmaneger on BI so he resigned, but why take så many expat in jeopardy -because of their corrupt system --2 -thing 6 months extension is only avabel in headoffice in manila and price will be the same as for the 2 moths extension "whatever you get it 2 to 8 --or 10 to sixteen you save ZERO  but have to go to MANILA  so l have to go to manila (live in dumaguete) for save 2 time to go to local BI  but bear the expenses to manila ???

Do they think we are IDIOTS l am worried about it because l am on my last 2 months now 

Hey!

l forgot to tell  l was in 18/7-13 for my (14-16 08.00) extension l ask will l have to go to "manila for my ECC Clearance" yes SIR and only 3 day in advance on your ticket "ok" my fiance go with me to pick up my extension 14.00 she ask can he (l) get it in CEBU ye mam here is the number (piece of paper) so ring and ask  we come l rang BI in CEBU 

yes no problem sir anytime we can do that -ok what is the cost- :yahoo: l can not tell you before l se your PASPORT ("did he mean my wallet")  :db:

johnboy999

The 6 month extension is a new thing that has only recently been introduced. They are trialling it in Manila FIRST, and then the plan is to make it available nationwide at a later date. But maybe with the new guy replacing David at the Bureau, who knows if they will continue it or not? The 6 month visa extension has already been discussed in this thread..... http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/60340-new-6-month-tourist-visa/

As for the ECC, that is only done at the larger offices like Manila, Cebu, Davao etc. so that is why they told you that you couldn't do it in Dumaguete. You can definitely get an ECC in Cebu, as I got one in April. The fees are different, depending on what visa you're on apparently (tourist, 13a, etc) so that is probably what they meant, but mine cost 500 pesos all in and I'm on a tourist visa. Be prepared for lots of waiting around - most people I've spoken to about getting an ECC have had to wait about 2 hours in the Mandaue office. This was also discussed recently in the following threads..... http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/61049-urgent-request-ecc-availabilty-in-cebu-mandaue-immigration/ and http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/59063-my-experience-at-boi-manduane-for-exit-clearance-cetificate/

• Like 1

I read a lot about the ECC Clerance because l will soon ned it and on 19-20 on juli was a lot of expat  not allowed on their planes because they have not got their ECC Clearance in manila BI  BUT in Airports - "you can only get it in Manila BI"   and just 3 dayes before you leave that is the latest news l got (so please read before you answer APRIL have nothing to do with the matter now)  l read 1 guy lost ticket's for 18.000 pesos and he did have ECC Clearance but from the airport not from BI MANILA 

and up to now has it been no troubel to get it in Dumaguete  but not anymore 

USMC-Retired

I went to Cebu BI May 5th got an ECC they requested a copy of my out bound ticket the ECC was valid for 30 days and issued the day I went to BI. I honestly doubt that has changed in the last 45 days. I had two pictures and gave some thumb prints. It took about 2 hours give or take and out the door for a plane the next day.

Do not read to much into this in 6+ years here that procedure in cebu has remained constant.

Edited by USMC-Retired
SkyMan

but have to go to MANILA so l have to go to manila (live in dumaguete) for save 2 time to go to local BI but bear the expenses to manila ??? Do they think we are IDIOTS l am worried about it because l am on my last 2 months now

By "I am on my last 2 months now" do you mean that you have been in country almost 2 years straight?  If that is true I see you have 2 options.

1) Come to Cebu (Mandaue) and get an ECC and take a cheap flight somewhere like HK and fly back starting the tourist visa extensions again.  You'll need a r/t ticket to HK or wherever and an exit ticket from the RP or they won't let you board your return flight to the RP.

2) Fly to Manila and get the 6 month extension which allows you to stay up to 36 months.

I personally think option 2 would be cheaper particularly since you refer to your girl as your fiancé so if you marry in the next 8-9 months you can get a 13A after that.

johnboy999

Fly to Manila and get the 6 month extension which allows you to stay up to 36 months.

I wasn't aware of that change yet - I was under the impression that the 6 month extensions could only be used to take you up to the 16 month mark???

By "I am on my last 2 months now" do you mean that you have been in country almost 2 years straight?  If that is true I see you have 2 options.

1) Come to Cebu (Mandaue) and get an ECC and take a cheap flight somewhere like HK and fly back starting the tourist visa extensions again.  You'll need a r/t ticket to HK or wherever and an exit ticket from the RP or they won't let you board your return flight to the RP.

2) Fly to Manila and get the 6 month extension which allows you to stay up to 36 months.

I personally think option 2 would be cheaper particularly since you refer to your girl as your fiancé so if you marry in the next 8-9 months you can get a 13A after that.

well im at 19months or so and kind of planing on the entire renew bs 

but according to you i can just go to manila and get the 6 months visa there and stay up to 36 months ?????

any one else can confirm that 

couse i really like others have to start about buying the tickets hotel rooms and all 

thanks 

I dont think you can get more than 16 months normally -but if you are going to get married or sick you can get extension but that needs an attornerny as l understand it 

and cost 1.000 peso fine + attorney fee so  -but you dont seem to understand there was a real mess in  airports with expat there could not leave on their plane because of the ECC Clearance only was alloved from MANILA BI and not from any sattelit office or airport -- i have been here nearly 3 years first on SRRV now just ordanary tourist visa and AR CAD ---I am on my last 2 months out 16. i know all about how it is "NORMALLY" but there is something going on rigth now in BI 

and the 6 months visa will not take you past the 16 months legaly stay as i read it and the price will be the same as your ordanary whatever its 2 to 8 months --or 10 to 16 months so you save + 100 peso + trip to Manila  :wheel: if you call that a saving-- l can get ticket rigth now cebu hongkong return 4.050peso + throwavay ticket 2.100 pesos

but they will soon be sold thats why l want secure info --- l live in Dumaguete ca 900 peso for return here  cebu-dumaguet but its different if l have to go MANILA

USMC-Retired

Alot of idiots show up at the airports not knowing the rules. Then think they can bribe their way through. Then when they here no, all hell breaks loose for the ugly expat syndrome. All the while I am trrying to find an exit.

I dont think you can get more than 16 months normally -but if you are going to get married or sick you can get extension but that needs an attornerny as l understand it 

and cost 1.000 peso fine + attorney fee so  -but you dont seem to understand there was a real mess in  airports with expat there could not leave on their plane because of the ECC Clearance only was alloved from MANILA BI and not from any sattelit office or airport -- i have been here nearly 3 years first on SRRV now just ordanary tourist visa and AR CAD ---I am on my last 2 months out 16. i know all about how it is "NORMALLY" but there is something going on rigth now in BI 

and the 6 months visa will not take you past the 16 months legaly stay as i read it and the price will be the same as your ordanary whatever its 2 to 8 months --or 10 to 16 months so you save + 100 peso + trip to Manila  :wheel: if you call that a saving-- l can get ticket rigth now cebu hongkong return 4.050peso + throwavay ticket 2.100 pesos

but they will soon be sold thats why l want secure info --- l live in Dumaguete ca 900 peso for return here  cebu-dumaguet but its different if l have to go MANILA

well first part you got wrong is the extension 

im doing it now as im here for 19 months 

it is 500p extra at bi and  paper that states why i need to stay here longer and that needs to be notarized at cost of 100

only problem is they have to send it to manila and it takes 2 weeks for approval

oh ye and 100p for lbc as you have to send it your self  

for you thats easy and better to leave im in mindanao and it will be a long trip so if i could stay here more than 2 years will be good 

about the ECC i dont know but will also like more info on it as i will have to go to manila first than fly from there and have to get all kinds of tickets and hotels so it will be good to be some how sure \and thats a good price you got on the ticket 

at that price just by it and work it out later 

Who pied on your sugar sandwich- l politeli ask if any 1 now what to do about the mesh in BI RIGTH NOW  not last monht or last year because there is something going on rigth now and i live here and obey the law "if there is any" and its a long time since i found out about the 500 but that dosent work rigth  now in the AIRPORTS 

USMC-Retired

I believe I the most recent on the forum to get an ECC. Just come to Cebu BI and be done eith it in two or so hours. Simple

I will tell you 1 more time it happened on 19-20 of july 2013 (all the reference here is before) AND 1 last time it was then BROADCAST only BI IN MANILA CAN GIVE YOU THE ECC Clearance you can not get it in airports or sattelit office so l only ask info there is relevant thank you

USMC-Retired

Well i have have never had an issue with Cebu BI nor have I heard a member has. Hope the info is wrong which I suspect is snd tjose may not have followed the rules. Also they are cracking down hard on fake stamps and ECC which were very rampant.

Well i have have never had an issue with Cebu BI nor have I heard a member has. Hope the info is wrong which I suspect is and those may not have followed the rules. Also they are cracking down hard on fake stamps and ECC which were very rampant.