Sign in to follow this  
bepresentnow

Country Mall meat taste like baking soda

bepresentnow

All my meat purchased from Country Mall recently are consistently give me that weird unappetizing baking soda after taste. At first I thought it was from the seasoning that the maid used, but after removing all the possible culprits, the meat still has the baking soda after taste.

switching to another grocery store, it's a shame though because Country Mall is the only place that sometimes carry native chickens. 

Canuck Joe

All my meat purchased from Country Mall recently are consistently give me that weird unappetizing baking soda after taste. At first I thought it was from the seasoning that the maid used, but after removing all the possible culprits, the meat still has the baking soda after taste.

switching to another grocery store, it's a shame though because Country Mall is the only place that sometimes carry native chickens. 

I've heard some use baking soda to tenderize....maybe talking to administration would help.

easy44

Probably put some on the meat to kill the bad smell.

Brucewayne

Most stores use bleach water to hide the smell of the meat when it starts to spoil, but I have heard that people have wizened up and stopped buying if they smell the bleach in it.

The gossip in our area is that baking powder is being used instead and from what you say, maybe it is true.

Edited by Brucewayne

Half Baked

I had a San Miguel Grande the other day that tasted like Chef Boyardee. I "almost" wasn't able to finish it.

Baking soda doens't sound like such a bad thing. I believe I've seen it used to calm a sour stomach back in a previous life.

Let me know if you want "fresh" native chicken... I may be able to help you there. So fresh that its still pissing everybody off for waking them up at 3:30am!

• Like 1

Mckchrls

I've heard some use baking soda to tenderize....maybe talking to administration would help.

A bloke who owned a Chinese restaurant in Australia told me that they put bicarbonate soda on cheap meat and pass it off as premium meat.

• Like 1

dc3driver

You might try the new Gasino Grand Mall, just a few clicks north of country mall, meat is a lot better there.