Looking for house furniture and appliances

We have just taken position of our house in Alegria Palms in Cordova and are now looking to set it up so we can rent it out. My wife's brother is looking after it as we are unable to go over at the moment. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to put in it,, TV, Aircon, fridge, How many beds ect and any suggestions were we can get a good deal. It is four bed rooms and two bathrooms with undercover car park, Three bed rooms, a balcony of the main bed room and a bath room upstairs, bown stairs there is a  kitchen, bathroom, living area and one bedroom. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

post-3349-0-64645700-1374366128_thumb.jpg

post-3349-0-99492800-1374366148_thumb.jpg

post-3349-0-28410200-1374366166_thumb.jpg

Brucewayne

If you are going to rent it out, you might reconsider putting anything in it that could be carried out.

Most landlords will not rent furnishings out without a huge deposit if they furnish it at all due to theft when the house stands empty or renters are moving out.

bargeman

If you are going to rent it out, you might reconsider putting anything in it that could be carried out.

Most landlords will not rent furnishings out without a huge deposit if they furnish it at all due to theft when the house stands empty or renters are moving out.

Very good advise, we even had an imported toilet seat stolen by a Dutch renter when he "disappeared" along with the washing machine and other items.

Best to rent out unfurnished. If the renters cannot afford or do not have furniture then they shouldn't be considering renting your place at Alegria Palms.

USMC-Retired

Look there are plenty of people like myself that just do not want furniture or household items. I have been renting Smokeys place for 18 months. He dropped 18K in furnishing. Yet I would not have rented it otherwise. So that 18K was made up in the first month of rent. So it can be a benifit if you find the right renter. There is nothing wrong with used. TV FRIDGE AC. Then heavy wood furnishings last and hard to steal and not all that expensive.

Canuck Joe

I live very close to there. 4 bedrooms is big! Maybe just set up one bedroom, minimal living room and kitchen furniture. If people are staying long term they dont mind buying a few items. Get a healthy deposit and an item list. Do not let them consume deposit by staying an extra month. 

I have a fully furnished one bedroom and its fairly easy to keep track of things, the kitchen items are junk so that i dont care if they go missing. 

Thanks for the reply's so far, leaning towards semi furnished after what I have read, will try to get a hold of some second hand items to do one bed room the lounge and kitchen. We already have a fridge and a stove and washing machine, they are a gift form my wife's sister that has moved to the US and have no where to store them. Thinking that will get someone started, then like Canuck Joe said, if long term they won't mind getting a few things themselves, I know I would't mind doing that if it was me.

Does anyone know of a second hand shop on Mactan we could try ?? How about cane furniture, any idea on price, or would it be best to just get it from Gaisano....  

Cheers Jim and Lelit ... 

Brucewayne

Thanks for the reply's so far, leaning towards semi furnished after what I have read, will try to get a hold of some second hand items to do one bed room the lounge and kitchen. We already have a fridge and a stove and washing machine, they are a gift form my wife's sister that has moved to the US and have no where to store them. Thinking that will get someone started, then like Canuck Joe said, if long term they won't mind getting a few things themselves, I know I would't mind doing that if it was me.

Does anyone know of a second hand shop on Mactan we could try ?? How about cane furniture, any idea on price, or would it be best to just get it from Gaisano....  

Cheers Jim and Lelit ... 

There is an Asian store across from the U.S. consulate office, but all I can remember is the name Asian, maybe Asian Home Supply?

Anyway, they have nice used items at decent prices.

Thanks Brucewayne --- will pass that on to my brother in-law to have a look..                                                                                                                                         U.S. Consular Agency

Ground Level, Waterfront Hotel
Salinas Drive
Lahug, Cebu City

Is that the right address ??? 

Brucewayne

Thanks Brucewayne --- will pass that on to my brother in-law to have a look..                                                                                                                                         U.S. Consular Agency

Ground Level, Waterfront Hotel

Salinas Drive

Lahug, Cebu City

Is that the right address ??? 

Yes, right across the street.

Cebudog

When you're ready to rent, drop me a pm.  My wife is driving me crazy wanting to move from the house we have been renting for 18 months.  Mactan is one of the places we would consider.

Depending on what people want you could give them two options, we have advised tenants on this in the past and it can and does work. 
Offer your property furnished or unfurnished, 12 month minimum rental contract

Pick a price you are happy with for unfurnished ( see what others are asking ) then give an option of fully furnished by adding P 12,500 per month. This would enable you to go to places like Mandaue foam and appliance center to buy all you would need to fully furnish the property with good quality brand new furnishings and appliances. 
After the initial 12 month period you would have recouped your outlay and the furniture would be good for at least one or two years more thus providing you with more income. 

As an example we rented a new property in Cebu City asking price unfurnished was 55,000 per month. The client wanted furniture without the hassle of buying his own, so the landlord agreed to furnish but the rent would be 70,000 per month. Both Owner and Tenant are happy.