• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• SomeRandomGuy

• Open_Ended

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Originally from Minnesota, very tired of the snow and cold. Any time I think it might be too humid/hot here I just think of -20 degrees F and the weather here seems GREAT! In my experience there did n

Im in phil cos thats where my Mrs is.  Where ever she is, thats my home.

To live in the Philippines successfully you must respect the risks involved and know how to mitigate them, and many of the long time expats know exactly how to do that. They also know how to make life

Posted Images

jtmwatchbiz

i'm one of the few that didn't come here for cheap booze, loose women or any other sort of related nefarious activities that cast a negative light on expats. i avoid all those stereotypical behaviors and am solely here to participate in an underground criminal conspiracy as a small cog within a large family run criminal enterprise.

• Like 1
smokey

i'm one of the few that didn't come here for cheap booze, loose women or any other sort of related nefarious activities that cast a negative light on expats. i avoid all those stereotypical behaviors and am solely here to participate in an underground criminal conspiracy as a small cog within a large family run criminal enterprise.

wow does that mean your the new doorman at love city 

jtmwatchbiz

wow does that mean your the new doorman at love city 

actually part of my duties is acting as bouncer at the gay jacuzzi parties held at some rich dudes house while he's stateside trying to figure out how to get the love stains out of his corvette's upholstery. 

SomeRandomGuy

Threatened for doing charity work? Please elaborate on that. Thanks

i have talked about this on an earlier thread     bottom line pure politics and a vice mayor making a power play and money grab..... well his family

smokey

actually part of my duties is acting as bouncer at the gay jacuzzi parties held at some rich dudes house while he's stateside trying to figure out how to get the love stains out of his corvette's upholstery. 

you mean you and davao are slumming 

jtmwatchbiz

you mean you and davao are slumming 

i'll say! how can we have an upscale 5th floor jacuzzi party when the elevator is hand crank?

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I am coming for the cheap beer and cigarettes.

And to jello wrestle LittlePP.

The Jello will cost you more than the beer and cigs will. 

• Like 1
smokey

i'll say! how can we have an upscale 5th floor jacuzzi party when the elevator is hand crank?

well ask your GF to help you up the stairs after all your tons of fun post-35-0-53885300-1377966215_thumb.jpg

SomeRandomGuy

I SURE HOPE SHE IS ON TOP

Open_Ended

been fishing    done that <<< australian    done the professional fishing thing also for a laugh     did sport fishing here for a bit in sarigao      thats worth it for guys who have not done it and looking for something to do.

tell u what I woud love to try out  not sure if there is any here though.... fly fishing....   that is something I have never done before...

not sure if I can work for someone else anymore...   I have done a bit of charity shit here too that was great till the death threats started rolling in..

lol maybe it is idle hands.  would kill for a faster interent though

ping here sucks for online gamming.  

Not sure what you are calling professional fishing but I was referring to having your own small boat and fishing down&dirty with the locals ... Maybe even have your own bumble?  I'd want a depth finder also and of course, I'd have flares or what ever might be needed for safety .. I'd go as far as finding out how the coast guard or who ever my rescue operations are made here to include having locals on board with me ... That's just how I fly here in the 3rd world ...Its worked for the past 3.5 yrs and I have no reason now to believe my life will turn any different ...

--

There are victims world wide and I'm not pointing at you personally, but every time I personally know of the locals warding off foreigners (or even each other), the foreigner asked for it in one way or another.  Usually the foreigner was been warned a few times before he realizes that he is not in Kansas ... I always say, listen to the locals and do as they say within reason but in every case, listen to what they have to say on the subject...Makes life very easy here.   Or just butt heads... 3rd world head butting is not smart to say the least ... I'd guess most who have trouble here have had trouble their entire lives and just brought it over here with them ... These are the ones to avoid, both foreign and domestic,  unless, you know, that is what you want your life style to be ..

--

Yep, I'd agree on the idle hands angle ... I've said this before, there just is not alot to do here, at least from my perspective .. If the dirt bike riding was not world class here, I would not be here.  The fishing angle is what I'll fall back on after I can't physically ride the mountains here or loop these islands on a streeter bike.

--

I'll go as far as helping any one of you to ride a bike or learn to ride a bike  ... I've got all the equipment needed but you gotta ask and have a good attitude.. This is not a business offer .. Just one guy trying help some souls that sound like they are in need of some thing positive in their daily lives.

--

And please do not turn this thread into a horror story thread ...That is not the topic ...

Edited by Open_Ended
SomeRandomGuy

dude I have done so much here  not getting my knickers in a knot       i am ok.....  I am not to worried about my life here, I generally post things that I think others should be aware of.

I try to against posting with the view of rose colored glasses... that's all.

I have very little problems here but I have very little problems anywhere I go. I have had issue's when I have been involved in charity here.

I have had issue's with certain off-color individuals but that is also because of my age and a lot of people my age here do look for things that are illegal so I am approached a lot more then others.

If anyone thinks my posts here that I am bored or stressed ha far from it.

Motor biking is not something I am interested in... neither is chasing girls.

I have been fishing here, many times. I even owned a small lil boat here for awhile.

Life here is what you make it. I just don't like everything is perfect in the garden approach.

I have lived deep deep in the province... was fun.

I have done a lot while I am here, probably a shit load more than what you realize.

As for a horror thread story... ha at what point does it sound to you like I have done that????

Open_Ended

Ok ...I don't mean to stir you up here but someone here was asking on details on your issue that do not belong here ...

The topic is "What are you doing in the Philippines" ... I've just tried to have a normal conversation and maybe give out new ideas here ... 

• Like 1

Have seen a lot or negativity against philippines

Being posted here

Scammers women cheating ang among other things

Philipines this and that

But yet your still there

Makes me wonder why

Is it because your money goes a long way

Because now you can live like a king

Maids and all

Really makes me wonder why

.......... Amen to that! I've been wondering the same thing ever since I joined the forum. If they're so miserable in the Philippines why don't they just leave? USMC stayed because of great difficulty getting his famly out. That had merit and was perfectly understandable. The others I just wonder about.

Well it would be nice for some if things we're better in some ways. One thing for sure is we don't complain a bit (outwardly about it) it won't get better. Lol, I guess if Filipino read all this they would say, "These foreigners are worst than a Filipino" when it comes to gossip.