What are you doing in Philippines?

smokey

well,i am very well off,i have 10 different bank accounts in the usa holding $2.3 million dollars.The way i look at it is my 2 million will go alot further in the ph than it will in the usa.If i keep paying 50 cents for an orange at wallmart everyday my money wont last so i made my home in the ph where a good orange costs me 25 cents.

[/quote

wow and did you buy 50 oranges and save all that money so you could buy a gallon of milk?

• Like 2
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• SomeRandomGuy

• Open_Ended

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Originally from Minnesota, very tired of the snow and cold. Any time I think it might be too humid/hot here I just think of -20 degrees F and the weather here seems GREAT! In my experience there did n

Im in phil cos thats where my Mrs is.  Where ever she is, thats my home.

To live in the Philippines successfully you must respect the risks involved and know how to mitigate them, and many of the long time expats know exactly how to do that. They also know how to make life

Posted Images

Headed that way

well,i am very well off,i have 10 different bank accounts in the usa holding $2.3 million dollars.The way i look at it is my 2 million will go alot further in the ph than it will in the usa.If i keep paying 50 cents for an orange at wallmart everyday my money wont last so i made my home in the ph where a good orange costs me 25 cents.

Let's kidnap the kano!  

Just joking TP but I'd be careful putting that kind of info out there whether it was true or not.

Davaoeno

Hey, you don't read negative things about the Philippines from me.  Although I have visited only twice I have three employees and a shop there and dealt with the mess that is the government to set things up.   As far as the people, I love em.  Not all of them for sure but most treat you as well as you treat them.

My plan is to eventually live there part time and shuttle back and forth, produce in the Philippines, sell in the U.S..   Just working on setting all the bits and pieces up to make things work.

thats a relief to hear that !!

• Like 2
smokey

Let's kidnap the kano!  

Just joking TP but I'd be careful putting that kind of info out there whether it was true or not.

he is talking about peso and rural banks
Headed that way

Then he had two million pesos....

smokey

Then he had two million pesos....

and ????? he could put all of that in the bank at 4% and live like a king on the interest do you think
thebob

What am I doing? Mostly turning up my amplifier so that it goes thump thump! But seriously!

Cebubird. Sound proof your bedroom and double glaze the windows.

I'm seriously thinking of starting a soundproofing company. It really seems to be something with a lot demand here.

Edited by thebob
Half Baked

what are you doing in philippines............

I ask myself that same question, everyday.

• Like 1
throttleplate

What am I doing? Mostly turning up my amplifier so that it goes thump thump! But seriously!

Cebubird. Sound proof your bedroom and double glaze the windows.

I'm seriously thinking of starting a soundproofing company. It really seems to be something with a lot demand here.

i dont believe the soundproofing would work,the base these speakers put out just verberates through the ground and walls.I can feel my bed,mattress,windows and walls shake and i am 300 yards away 

• Like 1
ed villas

negativity sells,

positive news only has a short term attention span

smokey

negativity sells,

positive news only has a short term attention span

how many people read the gardening section of the news paper... only james
  • Like 3

what am i doing here ???/

that is a very good question and i have been asking my self that a lot lately 

and the answer is 

not god dam thing 

and that is why i need to find me some to do 

any way most of the posts are not complaining or at least not from me 

it is just an observation we make 

there is good and bad all over the world 

no place is perfect 

and home is where you make it 

im here couse im tired of the western bs 

so now just have to get used to the ph bs :)

• Like 1

To live in the Philippines successfully you must respect the risks involved and know how to mitigate them, and many of the long time expats know exactly how to do that. They also know how to make life easy on themselves, keep calm whenever they have to wait for hours to get something simple done or at least know who to see (and perhaps cross someones palm with silver) to get things done a little quicker. It's a completely different way of life, but you meet a lot of happy and content expats living out their retirement in relative peace and comfort.

I personally couldn't hack it, did 2 years in Manila and 2 years in Cebu, and the place drove me up all the wall. But we've already started on our retirement project in Antipolo (I've got a good 30 years to go so no rush) which holds our link with the Philippines, and I think I could see us at least spending part of the years in the Philippines when we eventually retire and having a good family holidays their during the school breaks with the kids in the meantime. 

I have the utmost respect for the guys who are happy there, because they know how to make a place a home regardless of its faults. It's the guys who walk in clueless that you wonder how long they'll last before something bad happens or they head home, that you really fear for.

I do think that the guys here need to vent, as they would anywhere, but also share experiences so that they can keep streetwise and avoid situations that could make their life difficult here.

• Like 7
goldote

Being bitchy and mean is part of the plan.  An attempt to die with your boots on.

I'd rather get shot and die in the Philippines than live hurting and bored in a nursing home stateside. 

• Like 3
USMC-Retired

Have seen a lot or negativity against philippines

Being posted here

Scammers women cheating ang among other things

Philipines this and that

But yet your still there

Makes me wonder why

Is it because your money goes a long way

Because now you can live like a king

Maids and all

Really makes me wonder why

I have been trying to leave for two years. I want to leave with my family in tact. However my wife was required by the Philippine Government to be confirmed in catholic church have a drivers license and 9 other documents. Before anyone says that can not happen read RA9048. Correcting a typographical error is at the discretion of the LCR. On3 corrupt judge and your world will be tossed. I could have paid the bribe but an example by another member for fraud explains why not. Money how much have I spent because this? 500,000 pesos or more in the process of leaving. Bitter angry upset pick your word. The thing is once you arrive it seems they do everything to make it impossible to leave. Just look at the requirements for spouses to leave. You can be disqualified at three different junctions. So now we are ready to go and in a month or two will after good byes hugs kisses and organizing.

• Like 4