Planet Action Adventure Moalboal vehicle slams head on into dump truck

hyaku

Not that I'm slow. Traffic sometimes bottles up and no one can get through. You wait as you should to allow someone through who has right of way and still they come! More a case of your at the front of a queue and somebody stands in front of you. They do it all the time. First on the ramp off the boat with a suitcase and some Ahole tries to push past. Being served in shop and they do it. If I remember it's called manners! I used to ride bikes on the circuit. I want to get to where I'm going just as much as everybody else.

• Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hyaku

• Wolfpack

• SkyMan

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

regards to all who lost a friend or relative in this.   i had a  bike stack in april this year, was on my bike with gf on back, riding on trans central highway away from cebu, after you peak the mou

Planet Action Adventure vehicle slams into a dump truck head on about an hour ago. Our neighbors are saying that the driver was drunk. There were 9 foreigners in the back of the vehicle. Injured pa

photo of the pizza Lacky "The cool" made...   I would have a few beers and a pizza...then take a pizza back to our cottage at Marcosas...for the kids...    

Posted Images

shadow

Not that I'm slow. Traffic sometimes bottles up and no one can get through. You wait as you should to allow someone through who has right of way and still they come! More a case of your at the front of a queue and somebody stands in front of you. They do it all the time. First on the ramp off the boat with a suitcase and some Ahole tries to push past. Being served in shop and they do it. If I remember it's called manners! I used to ride bikes on the circuit. I want to get to where I'm going just as much as everybody else.

No one gets through due to too many larger vehicles in the way. If the motorcycles can get through, why not let them? Why make them sit in the hot sun if they don't have too (while you are cozy in your aircon car)? To me, manners would mean letting someone out of the sun if it was no skin off my nose.

When you were riding "the circuit", did you pass the slow guy in front of you, or did you have more manners than that?

Sorry, Dumaguete area where I drive mostly has many times more motorcycles than cars. Here the car and SUV drivers are the worst of the lot (after pedicabs). Most have no idea how to drive, stop anywhere, make uturns anywhere (even if it requires them to back up three times), make fast turns without a glance, and travel at ridiculously slow speeds. They then want everyone else to remain behind them, because they are stuck in traffic or are afraid to go faster than 20 KPH, so they make it as difficult for anyone to get around them as they can. Where I come from, that would be considered RUDE.

If someone wants around me, I make it easy on them and let them go. If they in turn hold me up down the road, I don't let them around me again.

As for the waiting in line part, I agree, but just as rude as those who push through are the ones that are standing in the way causing a bottleneck talking, texting, or what have you.

Off topic, I'm done. 

udonthani

one habit I use driving in the west, that I picked up in the east is different use of horn, than the norm. In the UK it is usually only used as a rebuke. But even in the much more sanitised UK traffic than in the Philippines I might still use the horn to alert somebody that I am about to overtake them, which I usually do on a bike in the Philippines and will ALWAYS do if I am overtaking them on the inside. A quick little chirp on the horn to let them know you are there,

I also think that it might be not so bad when horns are sounded quite often. It I think it can help to keep all the drivers around more alert. The least alert are the bozos in the SUV's who have their stereos on and can't hear anything and are playing with their satnavs.

• Like 1
hyaku

Me too, also flash the lights if it's a big vehicle. They usually wave you past in acknowledgement. I used the word manners before. Maybe road sense and ettiquette is better. We all want to get to where we are going. But bottling up makes no sense. You do see it in the West when they hit traffic and use the hard shoulder. India, Indonesia is worst. It's an Asian thing I guess.

SkyMan

Pavement that isn't being used is wasted.  So if there's nobody in the oncoming lane, the shoulder, the sidewalk, whatever...

The west is so stuffy with all the, "Oh, you can't cross this line" or "you can't drive between cars." or whatever.  Can't?  Watch me.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
Ronin

will ALWAYS do if I am overtaking them on the inside.

I've found that a chirp on the horn usually results in them moving to the right, I wouldn't do that if I was passing on the right.

I only pass on the right if the speed is very slow and I have an escape route should they decide to move right (like a shoulder that my bike is capable of riding on).

I think the best mindset here is to drive like you are invisible to other drivers.

hyaku

Pavement that isn't being used is wasted. So if there's nobody in the oncoming lane, the shoulder, the sidewalk, whatever...

The west is so stuffy with all the, "Oh, you can't cross this line" or "you can't drive between cars." or whatever. Can't? Watch me.

Yes I agree but in the West they teach us, beware of vehicles. The laws in one country I lived in was pedestrians rule. I was driving along and sidewalled by a woman with a baby strapped on her back and the seat fully reclined and she couldn't operate the brake. When the claim went through they said, "It's partly your fault because you were on the road"!