Planet Action Adventure Moalboal vehicle slams head on into dump truck

panther

can,t see the driver of the bus surviving that ,plus if you were not wearing seatbelts depending how fast they were going most of the passengers would have ended up beside the driver .

• Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hyaku

• Wolfpack

• SkyMan

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

regards to all who lost a friend or relative in this.   i had a  bike stack in april this year, was on my bike with gf on back, riding on trans central highway away from cebu, after you peak the mou

Planet Action Adventure vehicle slams into a dump truck head on about an hour ago. Our neighbors are saying that the driver was drunk. There were 9 foreigners in the back of the vehicle. Injured pa

photo of the pizza Lacky "The cool" made...   I would have a few beers and a pizza...then take a pizza back to our cottage at Marcosas...for the kids...    

Posted Images

Update: the vehicle have been separated. The occupants of the dump truck are fine. The driver of planet action legs were severely crushed. One of the foreigners in the back had a gash in his forehead the other eight suffered minor injuries. As of this morning the dump truck is still in the same place. the planet action vehicle has been removed to the side off the road. looking at the damage of the front of the planet action vehicle, i dont know how in the hell he survived in the crash. it took the neighbors about an hour to pry him out of the vehicle with large steel bars.

• Like 2
Wolfpack

Update: the vehicle have been separated. The occupants of the dump truck are fine. The driver of planet action legs were severely crushed. One of the foreigners in the back had a gash in his forehead the other eight suffered minor injuries. As of this morning the dump truck is still in the same place. the planet action vehicle has been removed to the side off the road. looking at the damage of the front of the planet action vehicle, i dont know how in the hell he survived in the crash. it took the neighbors about an hour to pry him out of the vehicle with large steel bars.

sounds like no one was travelling on the roof...glad to hear no one was killed...although based on your news, the drivers life is likely still in danger...

thebob

I'm glad to hear that the accident wasn't as serious as it looked at first. I hope that the driver makes a speedy recovery.

My wife was just informed the driver died.thats the rumor.

throttleplate

if the passengers sue,who do you sue and what are the odds of gettin a settlement?

hyaku

Same here. Nowhere is safe on roads here with no driving tests. Five on bike, baby on the gas tank. Where I live the tricycads are a damn menace with the wrong side of the road tactics. Pull out without looking means, "I didn't see you so it's your fault'. Seems to be favorite here.

• Like 3
smokey

if the passengers sue,who do you sue and what are the odds of gettin a settlement?

[/quote

i also wonder about the medical bills did the foreigners have to seek medical on their own and pay on their own

Davaoeno

[/quote

i also wonder about the medical bills did the foreigners have to seek medical on their own and pay on their own

No foreigner who is hurt here is ever going to collect - with the possible exception of maybe an airline.  When a Bachelor Bus hit me [ in Davao its a huge company]  the companies attorneys  told me that Bachelor had no insurance and that the driver would have to pay .

Edited by Davaoeno
smokey

No foreigner who is hurt here is ever going to collect - with the possible exception of maybe an airline.  When a Bachelor Bus hit me [ in Davao its a huge company]  the companies attorneys  told me that Bachelor had no insurance and that the driver would have to pay .

so that is why its so inexpensive to live here no settlements

Came across this in Panay.  You can almost make out the shape of the tricycle driver that went through the front.  His fault of course.........

post-5144-0-51053500-1374288431_thumb.jpg

Edited by lin
SkyMan

No foreigner who is hurt here is ever going to collect

I was running and got hit by a pinoy and his wife on a scooter.  His insurance paid.  The pedestrian is never at fault.

Edited by SkyMan
MIDNITERIDER

My wife was just informed the driver died.thats the rumor.

NOT good. No fire rescue rig anywhere. The driver spent his "Golden Hour" watching villagers attack the vehicle with rebars. https://en.wikipedia...hour_(medicine)

the boss

I was running and got hit by a pinoy and his wife on a scooter.  His insurance paid.  The pedestrian is never at fault.

Pretty much the same as in the US.

You suppose to have control of the forward momentum of your vehicle.

Bill H

This is the PH foreigners don't get settlements very often.  About the only thing that can happen to you where you might get some payment is if you are hit as a pedestrian.  Pedestrians always have the right of way, even foreign ones.

However, if you are the driver it is your fault.  Circumstances don't really matter,  it's still your fault.  Just the way it is here.  The legal system is so broken and so corrupt you would be wasting your money to go to Court over an accident.  This is why guys with black motorcycle helmets riding motorcycles are so much in demand in the PH.