Planet Action Adventure Moalboal vehicle slams head on into dump truck

Wolfpack

I do not see blood in the photos...so that is good news...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hyaku

• Wolfpack

• SkyMan

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

regards to all who lost a friend or relative in this.   i had a  bike stack in april this year, was on my bike with gf on back, riding on trans central highway away from cebu, after you peak the mou

Planet Action Adventure vehicle slams into a dump truck head on about an hour ago. Our neighbors are saying that the driver was drunk. There were 9 foreigners in the back of the vehicle. Injured pa

photo of the pizza Lacky "The cool" made...   I would have a few beers and a pizza...then take a pizza back to our cottage at Marcosas...for the kids...    

Posted Images

SkyMan

Is the back like a jeep?  Bench seats?  Dump truck took some pretty severe damage too. 

Wolfpack

Is the back like a jeep?  Bench seats?  Dump truck took some pretty severe damage too. 

yes, the back is bench seats like a jeepney...it was very common for people to ride on the roof...as I experienced myself...

it is a very solid truck...looking at this damage, I am sure they will repair it...

when he said it hit a dump truck, I pictured far worse damage...I do not see blood on the road...so that is a very good sign, the injuries are not bad

CebuKano

yes, the back is bench seats like a jeepney...it was very common for people to ride on the roof...as I experienced myself...

it is a very solid truck...looking at this damage, I am sure they will repair it...

when he said it hit a dump truck, I pictured far worse damage...I do not see blood on the road...so that is a very good sign, the injuries are not bad

Not unless people were riding on the roof and were ejected into telephone poles / trees.

lost aussie

I do not see blood in the photos...so that is good news...

Could you imagine sitting in the back; where you would end up when hitting something like that ??? Anyone notice the side of the road the vehicle happens to be on!

BlueFin

Which driver was drunk?

The pics show one vehicle on the wrong side of the white line right?

Canuck Joe

Sitting in the back its a long way before you hit back of cab, head injury will be the major concern. Also heads can hit together in a situation like that. I hope for the best for those passengers.

• Like 2
thebob

Ouch!

It's a bit worse than I expected.

I really hope that none of the injuries were too serious. 

thebob

Which one is you?

Super Mario is at the very back, Mr Wonderful is in the middle in red.

• Like 1
Wolfpack

Not unless people were riding on the roof and were ejected into telephone poles / trees.

certainly, that is possible...especially if they were on the way home to Moalboal...because it was the beer muscles that led me to riding on the roof (and a ole Navy buddy double dog daring me)

Bill H

certainly, that is possible...especially if they were on the way home to Moalboal...because it was the beer muscles that led me to riding on the roof (and a ole Navy buddy double dog daring me)

If the fool driver had had a head one while you were riding the roof, imagine where you would be now!

Sure does appear that the Planet Action driver crossed to the wrong side of the road.  Damn, that had to hurt!

Any news on the passengers and how they fared?

CebuKano

Oh I'm not saying anything is wrong with riding on the roof, it looks fun and I've done such things before and will in the future. I was just thinking about what might happen if something unfortunate happens. It comes down to odds, I suppose, like riding a motorbike here. I still believe in living life to the fullest. Life is one big chance anyway because anything can happen to us today, tomorrow or years from now :)

• Like 1

WOW---looks bad enough for the driver to be killed

the boss

It looks bad enough that I'm sure it hurt.

I seen two big jeeps head on in San Fernando, La Union and they had to be cut apart with torches.

Couldn't even tell what they were after it happen. They burnt too.

Don't remember the number but it was in the dozens.

On of the draw backs of riding in front of the bus.

Edited by the boss
hyaku

photo taken while riding on roof of action adventure vehicle in april 2011

attachicon.giftop of action truck.jpg

photo taken while riding on roof of action adventure vehicle in april 2011

If you lived opposite opposite Planet Action as I did you would know how much the driver drinks. That is if it's the same one.

attachicon.giftop of action truck.jpg