Friendliest towns where people smile at the white man (me)?

ellenbrook2001

After spending 1 week in Cebu city, I decided to spend a night in Lapu Lapu (Mactan), since I had an early flight to Cagayan D O. In 1 short afternoon I had already made 4 nice female friends. This is about the same spontaneous friendly chats as I had managed to acheive in a WEEK in Cebu city!

I starting wondering why are people so friendly (literally everywhere I looked I received eye contact from pretty girls, and often smiles!). In Cebu City on the other hand, people seem positively cold!  So, in order of openness to foreigners, my list of places I've been, most friendly first: LapuLapu, Boracay*, Manila*, CDO, Cebu City. Just my experience lang. 

Maybe this is because Lapu Lapu is less weathly, less "happening" less "scene"?! Or less dense!? But if I can make 4 friends in 3 hours, and nicer people than I would find on a dating site... I know I am going back.

Now here is my question: Can anyone relate to what I'm saying, and identify any other towns which are equally as friendly to the white skinned man?!? Important question... Thanks for the help kuya/ ate.

he he you must very good looking then?????? wow the time of your live??/ anywhere even i am old ugly but not fat still in the mall girls smile also but remember girls dream to have a foreigner  $$$$$$$$$$$.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrlondon

• smokey

• udonthani

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe it was the environment you were in and how you reacted to it rather than the town you were in that made the difference. Sometimes in an urban (lots of people) environment, we tend to be a little

I went to Davao in April and I had a lot of smiles and the people were friendly. Example of how friendly and helpful they were is.   I went to meet my ex for the first time and when I was on the

One thing in the Philippines that I like is that generally you have a clean slate and people treat you the way you treat them. It's very simple- respect others and they will respect you. It's a mirror

With regards to big city vs small town: I'd think it is the same all over the world. In a bigger place people are more reserved. Smaller place means more easy-going people.

Cities do something do people..!

...... I basically agree with you, however the girls in Cebu City are more likely to be able to carry on a conversation with you in English than the province girls.

he he you must very good looking then?????? wow the time of your live??/ anywhere even i am old ugly but not fat still in the mall girls smile also but remember girls dream to have a foreigner  $$$$$$$$$$$.

Well, actually the girls I met in Lapu Lapu didn't turn out to be keepers.

I think there is a lot to be said for meeting a girl online. I can properly screen her via chat, sms, and phone calls, to see if she is the right girl. 

ThomsonJr

Davao is actually a very friendly city in my opinion... Enjoyed my time there. Cebu City is friendly too, overall. The least friendly city i've been to was CDO, but that's just my experience. I found that place to be utterly boring and the people too.