To Renew ACR-I card - How much hassle / money

I have a permanent ACR 13A Visa, married to a Philippina.   My I-Card expires soon (5 years).   How much does it cost to get a new,  how much hassel, and how long does it take to get a new one.   This will be done at BOI, Mandaue.   Heard more than a few horror stories, but some of these guys bring s--t upon themselves.       Cost is not a proble, just would like to be prepared.   The beaurcratic hassel and the length of time to receive the new one is somewhat important to me.   Any genuine help is whole heartedly appreciated.    John 

John,

Should be straightforward and hassle free. I'm visiting the BoI in Manila over the next few weeks - I have to get my visa transferred from my expired passport to my new, current passport - and I need to enquire about renewing my ACR-I card as I'm planning a trip abroad when it's due to expire. If no other poster has an answer for you then I'll keep you informed.

Whatever else, pay no bribes, 'express' or fixer's fees. Renewal is a routine matter, you do not have to pass muster again. I anticipate it will involve handing in the old card, paying the rate card fee, having my finger prints taken again (why?) and having a new photo scanned. What additional documentation is needed I don't know but will ask.

I anticipate a same day (or better) turnaround.

Edited by GoHuk

John..Its very easy.. just go to BOI,fill out application form,give them your ACR I card,passport and your reciepts from you yearly "check-in" at the BOI (should be 5 ) Cost,  is 2136 plus 500'express fee' (hahha) and.....wait..maybe 3 - 5 weeks..Miguel

yearly "check-in" at the BOI (should be 5 )

Only 4, surely!

OK, on second thoughts, it depends upon when you received your card. Agreed, normally 5.

Edited by GoHuk
ed villas

you get your ACR card/I card at the BOI- bureau of investments?

http://www.boi.gov.ph/

he
Philippine Board of Investments (BOI), an attached agency of
Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), is the lead government agency
responsible for the promotion of investments in the Philippines.

i thought the BI, bureau of immigration still issued the visas/acr cards and other related matters.

is this due to the change of the commissioner?

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=107&Itemid=61  acr card info

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=3&id=7&Itemid=80

if my info is wrong, then where would now go if the BI no longer issues visas/renewals,

where is the BOI office?(metro cebu area) so i can get it updated too.

BoI =Bureau of Immigration..Miguel

• Like 1
SkyMan

your reciepts from you yearly "check-in" at the BoI (should be 5 )

They actually want those receipts?  If they want any I think the last would be fine as they wouldn't let you pay that one if the prior year wasn't paid.

Cost, is 2136 plus 500'express fee'

The cost is actually $50 converted to pesos but they don't get the day's official exchange rate from Manila until about 10 so no need to show up early.
stevehann

Quick story. Mine was held up for months because my application did not have a copy of the original Entry Stamp from my Passport. After we figured this out and I submitted it, it was merely a matter of waiting. Otherwise, no problems.

Headed that way

BOI, Board of Investments.   It is on General Puyat avenue in Makati, Manila.  They have an immigration office onsite, just next door, for those that are conducting business in the Philippines.  They will walk you right over and put you ahead of the line to fill out the forms.   You will have to come back to pick up the new card and will have to wait in line.

Make sure you have the teller count out any money you leave!  Not enough that you count it before handing it to them, make them count it!

thanks for the info folks.

Ronin

Quick story. Mine was held up for months because my application did not have a copy of the original Entry Stamp from my Passport. After we figured this out and I submitted it, it was merely a matter of waiting. Otherwise, no problems.

Mine has been mia for about 6 months.  I went to the BI yesterday and they threw their hands in the air...

They gave me a number in Manila to follow up with to see why I don't have my card yet.

Jawny

I was able to renew mine a couple of years past and the process was simple. Application form, pay fees (I don't reall if there was the ever- present express lane fee), provide the ORIGINAL receipts you have kept (you've kept them, right?) for your annual report. I think I needed a couple 2x2 photos as well.

I renewed in Tacloban but I'm sure the process is similar.

Oh yeah, you'll need photo copies of your passport.

It takes weeks for the new card to be processed and you'll need to call or stopin to check.

Yesterday I visited the Bureau of Immigration, Manila and enquired about renewing my ACR-I card.  As usual the staff at the Bureau were eager to help although I am still baffled by some of the requirements and procedures.  I share here my understanding.

Q. "May I renew my ACR-I card early as I may be out of the country when it expires?"

A. "It is only possible to renew it two to three weeks before its expiry date."

Q. "How long does the renewal process take?"

A. "Five working days."

I was then given an application form.

post-14483-0-91558300-1374722063_thumb.jpg

The cost remains at 50 USD plus an unavoidable 500 PHP 'Express Fee.'  So I guess the total is approximately 2,700 PHP at today's exchange rates.

I was then given two requirements slips.

post-14483-0-70837900-1374722126_thumb.jpg

I don't know why the third requirement is circled.  I assume the '3/F Records Section' refers to my reporting fee receipts.

There is a new procedure at the bureau, well new to me anyway.  The second slip requires one to go to the specified window with copies of the latest arrival and departure stamps from your passport.  A computer printout is then attached to these copies as verification.  I know this because I also had to do it for the immediate business in hand, that of moving my visa to a new passport.  (More of that in another post when I've completed the process.)

I hope this information helps others get their ducks in a row before they visit the bureau.

SkyMan

For req 3, are they talking the original visa order?  Also, for ACR, CR, are they wanting a copy of your ACR-I card and how do you get a cert true copy of that?

Did you need to do Req 4? And is that just the receipt that you paid for the card?

For req 3, are they talking the original visa order?  Also, for ACR, CR, are they wanting a copy of your ACR-I card and how do you get a cert true copy of that?

Did you need to do Req 4? And is that just the receipt that you paid for the card?

I have not yet started to renew my ACR-I card; my immediate business is getting my 13A moved to my new passport.  Thus I can't answer about the need or otherwise for the fourth requirement.

Requirement 3 does suggest that a copy of the existing ACR-I card may be required but this is not circled.  It would be prudent to have a copy anyway; I'm not sure when the old card is surrendered, if at all.  As for certification then I assume this would be done at some window or other in the bureau. 

I spent yesterday going between the bureau's ground and third floors like a demented yoyo.  At last I received a stamp in my new passport but it seems that all I achieved is some form of clearance and authentication.  At least it cost nothing.  I have to go back to the bureau to have the visa itself transferred.  If I have time I shall ask about the specific points you raised.