Manila Airport Question - Short Time Accommodation

Paul

A fellow I have known for sometime, who lives here in Sihanoukville, posted a question on Kenny's Living in Cambodia Forum that I am not qualified to answer. After all, it has been a long time since I dared go through the Manila Airport. I just am not into self mutilation, folks.

If anyone here (who may be a member on that site), or who may answer here for him, it would greatly be appreciated. 

Anyway, here is the link to the thread in question, regarding short time (about 8 or 9 hours) accommodation, in, around, or near the airport in Manila. 

Thanks, all.

Edited by Paul
udonthani

there is loads. Manila is one of those places, unlike Kuala Lumpur, where they built the airports very close to the center of the city.

just tell him, if his girl is from even Quezon or especially Marikina city and not somewhere like Paranaque or Ermita, then allow extra time (and taxi fare for them, if you are shipping one in).  Girls will come into Manila where you are from all over the NCR at the drop of a hat. You do not need, to go to them.

udonthani

miles beyond the NCR in fact. You can go at Batangas girls, and encourage them to come into Manila to meet you. It is not so far and it is like coming from Carcar to Cebu city for them. They all know it, it is not so far, and it is a bit of an adventure.

miles-high

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/61385-overnight-hotel-near-naia-manila/

Ref #7 and #8 above, if he is arv/lv from Terminal 1 or 2... If Terminal 3, Marriott is by far the most convenient place (less than 5 min shuttle ride) but one of the most expensive hotels in NCR (average $150 to 350 a night)... ;)

Paul

just tell him, if his girl is from even Quezon or especially Marikina city and not somewhere like Paranaque or Ermita, then allow extra time (and taxi fare for them, if you are shipping one in).  Girls will come into Manila where you are from all over the NCR at the drop of a hat. You do not need, to go to them.

He just wants some rest, before his next flight. He doesn't want to go anywhere, and certainly not far from the airport, if possible. 

Anyway, thanks for the replies, guys. 

Mandingo

There is the DG Budget Hotel NAIA, it's close to the airport. I think it was about 1,100 php or so but if thats too expensive there are quite a few others in the area for less but I have not stayed at any of those.

liquido

A fellow I have known for sometime, who lives here in Sihanoukville, posted a question on Kenny's Living in Cambodia Forum that I am not qualified to answer. After all, it has been a long time since I dared go through the Manila Airport. I just am not into self mutilation, folks.

If anyone here (who may be a member on that site), or who may answer here for him, it would greatly be appreciated. 

Anyway, here is the link to the thread in question, regarding short time (about 8 or 9 hours) accommodation, in, around, or near the airport in Manila. 

Thanks, all.

I personally have never stayed at this place but friends of mine have stayed there between flights..The Townhouse Hotel.http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/townhousehotelmanila/

Edited by liquido
udonthani

the Townhouse is OK and the rooms are good value at 950 with aircon and cable. It is certainly convenient for the airports. Yellow taxi fare, about 120 from T3. It's good value for money but you just have to have a lower expectations when it comes to accommodation in Manila. Cleanliness is not their strongest suit and can be a bit grimy and has similar disadvantages to most types of budget end accommodation. Those people that years ago used to cluster around the television set in the common room in these types of places  now sit there in the lobby gazing vacantly into laptops.

Alan S

I used to use the Townhouse for an overnight break close to the airport.

It was basic but OK.

Recent reports seem to indicate that it has deteriorated, so may not be worthwhile.

Could be worth searching fo rrecent info. I am sure there will be some on the internet.

A_Simple_Man

How long does it take to get from the airport Terminal 4 (Zest Air) to Queensland in Edsa at about 9 pm?  And to get from Queensland back to Terminal 4 at 6 am?  What would a taxi fare like that cost?  Perhaps the fellow could go by himself if he has no friend.  Do they require a guy to bring a friend to stay there?

Paul

Short time hotels do not require you to show up with someone, to rent a room. I have known a number of people who have rented rooms at short times, and stayed in them alone. I have done so on a number of occasions. 

Also, I had forgotten about the Townhouse. Bill, actually, is a member of this site. He isn't that active, but he does show up once in a while. 

samatm

There are massage salons in T1, T2 and T3.     They have packages for massage and  sleeping in the common lounge.       Not sure if T1 is accessible before checkin though   but it is decent.   I know the one in T3 is 24/7 guessing the others are as well. 

for 9 hours ... that's what I would do...   buzz about the airport a bit.. get some thing to eat.. then go chill out with a massage...order some buko juice (or your fav adult bev) and snooze.   why fuss about loading into a taxi, going to a weird place at night ,  getting up really early after getting a snooze in  pesticide laced room.    The TH used to have a pet Rat as big as monkey creeping around the kitchen area.  Not sure if  Bingo is still around but he was a head turner. 

• Like 1
Alan S

How long does it take to get from the airport Terminal 4 (Zest Air) to Queensland in Edsa at about 9 pm?  And to get from Queensland back to Terminal 4 at 6 am?  What would a taxi fare like that cost?  Perhaps the fellow could go by himself if he has no friend.  Do they require a guy to bring a friend to stay there?

If I remember correctly, the Queensland is quite a way round EDSA.

A quick look on the internet shows some negative comments about it. So caveat emptor.

Cost?

A wild guess, say 200P in the evening and 30 minutes, 300 and an hour in the morning.

(Others will surely shoot me down on both price and time!)

Alan S

There are (were) a couple of "short time" hotels just off Roxas and almost behind the EDSA entertainment complex.

That is quite close to the airport.

I stayed at the Townhouse once and it was ok. I would not go there with my wife though. It was good because there were a lot of foreigners to talk to and swap stories. 

One place I stayed at was cherry blossoms ( a little more expensive but nice ). I asked for a wake up call for 4:30 am as my flight was for 6:30 am. I went out that night to have a few beers and went to 4 or 5 bars just to check them out. The last one I went to the owner sat down with me and we hung out for hours ( the whole time the beers were on the house ). I lost track of time and I was sitting in my chair feeling no pain when a young Filipino tapped me on the shoulder and said, Sir this is your 4:30 wake up call. I couldn,t believe it was so late and also I couldn,t believe that this bell hop had hunted me down and found me or would even bother to ( NOW THATS SERVICE ). Needless to say I gave that bell hop a big tip and went and got my luggage and made it to my flight on time

• Like 2