Catastrophic med insurance for foreigner in 60s with pre-existing conditions

When making up my mind about settling here it was one of the items that I did quite some investigation about.

I did not need to bother in the past as it was covered by my company under the terms of my employment.

The best deal I could get was from Alliance Insurance.

But I was only looking at mainly evcauation insurance.

However, after spending several hours on this, I just happened to receive in the mail a booklet from my credit card company with an update of their Terms and Conditions (isn't it great how they can change the rules, even after you have signed up to a different set?) And much to my surprise I find that I am already covered for such an event,

So those with overseas credit cards my wish to check with their provider

May not suit everyone but it Works for me

Its a good tip for tourists but be careful if you live here.

the small print will terms like country of residence..... and if you live in the Phils you aint covered.

the get me home in dire circumstances is jus that........ and assumes that once you land your local wesetrn health scheme will take over.

this is probably not likely if you live in europe

even if if you have all local treatment, the company could say they will only pay after u have been refiunded by yout stae scheme where possible...... and if u arent covered in the west.... you arent covered on the card.

so check the fine print.   mt credit card is great for oversaes trips as a tourist, but my coverage in the phils is zero.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paddy

• hchoate

• sperry

• Kreole

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

loads say to have to think about your health, and the phils aint that great compared to other places, i dont think that, i want to enjoy what time i have left, we are all going to die one day , i woul

I think that Blue Cross is your best option here in the RP.  Fortunately I have not had any reason to use it thus far, and am excluded from all pre-existing conditions.  So, I have it only for "accide

They will gladly take your money. But based on my personal experience, when it comes down to it, you will be left with a bill.    They have a table for premiums based on age. They WILL NOT cover pre