http://www.gsb.ateneo.edu/news/331

Have you done this?

What forms does one have to fill out? What do those forms ask you to fill out? What info?

What is this Certificate of Residency? Residency where? Does one need to bring one's rent receipts?

Can someone do it for you? A lawyer?

In Angeles City travel agents usually even process you for PR visa and quota visa.

What do you know about this?

Canuck Joe

Do you have an ACR card?

you only need any one of the three in the list you don't need all

Its pretty painless, just head to immigration with your card and passport and they will walk you through.

Jim Sibbick

If you are a tourist, P310 will be added to your extension in January or February. Nothing more you need to do.

If you a are a permanent resident, you will have an ACR-I card and will take it and P310 to your nearest office of the bureau of immigration in January or February. You do this every year. If you are out of the country at the time, you have to do it as soon as you arrive back in the Philippines.

SkyMan

Ask again in January.

mpt1947

Are you a grad student?  Why not ask your University for clarification?

Majorsco

For those with a Balikbayan Visa and don't go to Immigration for extensions, is the ACR-I card required?  I know the annual reporting is required either way.  Also, I understand that not all Immigration offices can process the tourist/temporary ACR-I card.  Is this limited to certain offices?  If so, which ones?  Thank you

Jim Sibbick

For those with a Balikbayan Visa and don't go to Immigration for extensions, is the ACR-I card required?  I know the annual reporting is required either way.  Also, I understand that not all Immigration offices can process the tourist/temporary ACR-I card.  Is this limited to certain offices?  If so, which ones?  Thank you

Balikbayans don't have a visa. You have a visa free entry good for a year. The only evidence is a notation in your passport. BB or similar with a hand written departure date a year from arrival. It costs nothing, there are no extensions to pay for in the first year, there is no ACR-I card required and no need to report in January/February.

Everything changes if you decide to stay beyond one year. You will continue on as a tourist with tourist visa extensions. The ACR-I card is then arranged at the first extension taking you from 1 year to 1 year and 2 months in the Philippines. That extension is the same as the extension from 2 months to 4 months for a regular tourist. It costs P4830 plus usd $50 for the ACR-I card plus P500 for the express lane fee. As far as I am aware, you can arrange an ACR-I card at any office of the bureau of immigration.

• 2 months later...
Majorsco

As far as I am aware, you can arrange an ACR-I card at any office of the bureau of immigration.

Not all imigration offices can do the ACR-I card.  In Dipolog city where it is one guy two days a week, he said he cannot process ACR-I card requests.  He can do extensions and annual reports, etc, but not ACR-I cards. 

When someone with a Balikbayan stamp leaves the country, is an ECC still required?