Sign in to follow this  
dc3driver

Shopping Report-Rustans, Ayala

dc3driver

Went to Rustans today for a few things & to my surprise they had some new stock. There was a shelf of imported really wild looking hot sauces, & when I looked for Franks hot sauce there was a new entry, Frank's Red Hot Wings, Hot Buffalo Sauce.  While not exactly the holy grail, it is a couple of notches hotter than their regular sauce. P202 for a 12 oz bottle, yum!

post-8214-0-17742100-1373960160_thumb.jpg

Edited by dc3driver
  • Like 1

Brucewayne

I found 2 cans of Jalapeno peppers last week, the first I have ever seen in Cebu.

Sorry guys, I bought both cans.

• Like 1

GoHuk

... but you're inviting everyone to the barbeque?

• Like 1

Brucewayne

... but you're inviting everyone to the barbeque?

Hmmm, that's a thought.

I was so excited about finding them that I hadn't put much thought into how I wanted to use them.

When you haven't had something you like for nearly 8 years, you tend to hoard it when you do find it.

• Like 1

liquido

I found 2 cans of Jalapeno peppers last week, the first I have ever seen in Cebu.

I have seen cans of Jalapenos at Ayala grocery many times and we have them here in Bohol at ICM mall....

hchoate

Went to Rustans today for a few things & to my surprise they had some new stock. There was a shelf of imported really wild looking hot sauces, & when I looked for Franks hot sauce there was a new entry, Frank's Red Hot Wings, Hot Buffalo Sauce.  While not exactly the holy grail, it is a couple of notches hotter than their regular sauce. P202 for a 12 oz bottle, yum!

attachicon.gifIMG_5275.JPG

U$5 a bottle! Your food budget is much bigger than mine here in the US. I took a bottle of Tabasco that size to Cebu and two of my brothers-in-law used it up in one day.

My wife has a friend here who buys some potion from Victoria's Secret for U$20 a bottle and sends it to her sister in the Phils who resells it for a big profit, in Iligan, I think (I bet those bottles get refilled!). Guess I'm going to have to revise my idea of home much discretionary income Filipinos have. Guess the economy there must be booming like the official numbers say. Who woulda' thunk it.

Brucewayne

I have seen cans of Jalapenos at Ayala grocery many times and we have them here in Bohol at ICM mall....

I had been told they get them, but one has to be there while they are in stock.

I only shop once a month in the city and unfortunately my timing seems to be off most of the time.