This is the cheapest i've ever seen.

http://cebu.en.craigslist.com.ph/reo/3937036685.html

land for sale Borbon

2.7 hecteres or about 7 acers of good clean farm land for sale by
owner great for buliding or farming. 27,000 sqm water and power on
land.asking 50 pesos per sqm obo. or trade for beach lot in camotes 5000
sqm or larger

Knowdafish

50p/sq meter is cheap, but I'm sure there are caveats. 

I know of a piece here on Negros that is 3.03 hectares and is "only" 450,000p which is slightly less than 15p/sq. meter. 

It all comes down to (usually) how "rural" do you want to be. 

smokey

Stewardship land is cheap... you have the right to farm it for up to 50 years but that is the end of your rights

Knowdafish

Fish, where in Negros?

30 minutes off the highway (on a good dry day) from Mabinay

hchoate

Stewardship land is cheap... you have the right to farm it for up to 50 years but that is the end of your rights

Doesn't sound all that desirable:

*Certificate of Stewardship CSA (Certificate of Stewardship Agreement) – A document issued by the government to qualified individual occupants pursuant to Stewardship Agreement (SA). A Stewardship Agreement is a 50-year contract entered into by and between an individual forest occupant or forest community association, or cooperative and the government allowing the former the right to peaceful occupation, possession, and sustainable management over the designated area. This is awarded by the State to individuals possessing properties that are in State Reservations. This certificate is transferable and it can even be used as loan instrument or collateral.

http://cebumxrealtyservices.com/cebu/?p=1681

Knowdafish

Doesn't sound all that desirable

That is a matter of opinion for sure, but 50 years is a long time - most aged foreigners would be long gone and the same goes for some of their spouses. If they put the land to good use, it could not only be used to live on, but a "decent" income could be made from it as well. It all comes down to what you like, and what you want to do with the land.

• Like 1
hchoate

That is a matter of opinion for sure, but 50 years is a long time - most aged foreigners would be long gone and the same goes for some of their spouses. If they put the land to good use, it could not only be used to live on, but a "decent" income could be made from it as well. It all comes down to what you like, and what you want to do with the land.

Devil's in the details as always. Know anyone actually doing this- making decent income off a stewardship? Does get me thinking about leasing instead of buying ...

smokey

First stewardship was granted many of them in the late 60sss to farmers tilling the land they get to USE the land for FARMING and pay taxes for two 25 year leases but and the but is important IF the government needs the land back they can take it and give you another plot so i would not go building a expensive house on stewardship land .. If you could even get a permit to build in the first place... So you build a nice place and some official says wow we need that land back ??????????????????????????

mikejwoodnz

50 years is OK with me - doubt I'll be too interested in farming when I'm aged 115 - time to relax and enjoy life.

• Like 2
Buko Beach

This is the cheapest i've ever seen.

http://cebu.en.craigslist.com.ph/reo/3937036685.html

land for sale Borbon

2.7 hecteres or about 7 acers of good clean farm land for sale by

owner great for buliding or farming. 27,000 sqm water and power on

land.asking 50 pesos per sqm obo. or trade for beach lot in camotes 5000

sqm or larger

Hmm I'm just guessing it's a typo and what they really wanted to put was 500 per m2 instead of 50, atleast that's what the price will shoot up to once a Kano shows up to look things over. Bait and switch?

Also the ad sounds as if it was writen by an older foreigner, and the farm land in exchange for a beach lot is a dead give-away. Not alot of locals use the term "great for". It's a western guy for sure and chances are good he sold used cars in a previous life lol.