Nightmare Passport experience...

Many countries require your passport to be valid a minimum of 6 months from the date of entry.      If you are already in country some will not give you an extension that would be longer than your passport expiration date.

Last year at BOI, Mandaue, I paid my annual foreigners fee in February with no problem even though my passport expired in May.

Last year at BOI, Mandaue, I paid my annual foreigners fee in February with no problem even though my passport expired in May.

John, that doesn't surprise me. What you are paying is your annual reporting fee against your ACR-I and you do not have to produce your passport. You can (I believe this is legitimate) stay in the PH with an expired passport as long as your ACR-I is current. It is probably a different story when your ACR-I comes up for renewal after five years (c.f. your other post on the subject

( http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/61557-to-renew-i-card-how-much-hasselmoney/ )