philippines and us citizen

I knew that from my parents

Originally from ilocos norte where those windmills are

Also owned a farms houses and a mountain

Yes a MOUNTAIN like a forest kind a mountain

With water springs supplying

Water to 4brngys. For free

Sounds like paradise. I'm jealous. 

I asked about beach side land a few years ago and the owner just keeps quoting millions! No market data, appraisals and comparables they just come up with a number out of the blue.

Edited by USCebuana
  • Like 1
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hilyfe

• tomaw

• ThomsonJr

• tobster

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why ????  only someone who doesnt live here would ask why !!         Karaoke machine at 130 decibels [ volume limited only by the ability of the speakers to not shred on use !! ],  36 fighting cocks

There is the point that foreigners cannot buy land. Your wife could do, assuming that you have one and she is Filipina.

I've read good things about Moalboal in this forum. Good beaches, scuba diving, shops, restaurants etc.Does anyone have more information on it?

Posted Images

ThomsonJr

I suggest you get to know Cebu first, buy or rent a motorcycle or a car and drive around, to see if you really want to buy a beach front property in Cebu or not. There are indeed great beach front lots for sale in Cebu at great prices. It's an island so it's surrounded by it, but most of the beaches I know which are near the malls and the city aren't really that nice.

You can start out by renting a beach front house for 12 months, then from there you can continue your search to find land. Finding a beachfront rental at a reasonable price near the city is already quite an accomplishment for me actually, they aren't for the grabs, unless you are okay with a very basic Filipino style home (even in wood).

edit: if you are a Filipino citizen you are very lucky, you can probably own the land yourself. :)

Edited by ThomsonJr
  • Like 1
hilyfe

Sounds like paradise. I'm jealous. 

I asked about beach side land a few years ago and the owner just keeps quoting millions! No market data, appraisals and comparables they just come up with a number out of the blue.

It is nice to live there specially in pagupud

Where you can find the longest zipline in whole asia

Over a mile long crossing the lagoon

At about 40 feet above the water

But   I cant live there due to a relatives turning into relathieves

Hahaha

hilyfe

I suggest you get to know Cebu first, buy or rent a motorcycle or a car and drive around, to see if you really want to buy a beach front property in Cebu or not. There are indeed great beach front lots for sale in Cebu at great prices. It's an island so it's surrounded by it, but most of the beaches I know which are near the malls and the city aren't really that nice.

You can start out by renting a beach front house for 12 months, then from there you can continue your search to find land. Finding a beachfront rental at a reasonable price is already quite an accomplishment for me actually, they aren't for the grabs, unless you are okay with a very basic Filipino style home (even in wood).

edit: if you are a Filipino citizen you are very lucky, you can probably own the land yourself. :)

You have just given me the best idea

Its true I think its better to look around cebu first

Thank you for a good idea

As for getting to know some9ne first

Have to look for one first lol

Have been busy working

ThomsonJr

There are many untouched beachfront lots in Cebu and everywhere in the Philippines. I wish you good luck, i'm sure you'll find something great at a reasonable price if you put time into it.

hilyfe

Ill be going home on November

You can bet on it ill betheree cruising around in cebu

and maybe get to meet a mariaclara

if theres anyone of them left

smokey

There are many untouched beachfront lots in Cebu and everywhere in the Philippines. I wish you good luck, i'm sure you'll find something great at a reasonable price if you put time into it.

that is the easy part its the close to the malls and schools
thebob

Moalboal is a nice place but has very little in the way of sandy beaches. It's mostly rock and cliff there.

There are a few sandy beaches in Moalboal. Even Panagsama Beach, where most of the dive shops are has sand at certain times of the year.

any neighbors around this place?

I think I can live without the sand

But how far is the malls school stuffs like that?

I live above a native resto on the beach in Moalboal. It's like living in a row house with all the neighbors, but a nice community. I also have a small plot that I use for raising turkeys about 300 meters from a secluded but rocky beach, but it's OK for swimming.

Our nearest mall is Gaisano in Dumanjug about 25 mins ride away, there are schools both public and private in the area, and a university.

Moalboal is about 2 hours from Cebu city and about the same from Dumagette. Because it is on the opposite coast from Cebu city the water is a lot better. We also have the sunset over the water.

RogerDat

Greetings! Cerbu and Mactan island have much in common, they have VERY rocky shores, Mactan only has a natural beach where Magellion landed, that is why he went there, as most every where else is very sharp rocks.

I was in Leloan, and found a open area that went up to the water. There was NO beach! It just stopped being land, and became water. Beach sand requires a LOT of flowing water from a mountain somewhere near it, and we do not have much rivers here.

Most resorts in Cebu area inport their sand from somewhere else, or dredge it from the ocean.

This is what I plan to do instead of building a swimming pool. I will make a sandy area, and then put water sprinklers and shade trees over it.

Here are some pictures of common "beaches" on Mactan. There are better beaches,but why pay P1500 to go there?

post-7667-0-21159200-1373898429_thumb.jpg

post-7667-0-95549500-1373898447_thumb.jpg

AND I must ad, if it is a GREAT beach here, do you really have the influence and money to buy there, it is VERY expensive for these prestine areas.

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 1
hilyfe

I have the money for it

Or I woundlnt be trying to relocate far away from my relathieves in ilocos

Ill sell my unit I  rockwell if I have to

I need a place where I can relaxed quiet neighborhood

Hang my hamok under a tree and read some good books

Glancing at the beach once in a while

And out of nowhere a snake appears lol

Any venamous snakes around there? Like cobra etc.

Like every part of ilocos

Bill H

Being a Pinoy, many of the problems associated with owning land here disappear, but not all.  When you buy property in Hawaii you probably had a title insurance company issue a policy to protect you in case undiscovered liens turn up on the property or other individuals make claims against it.  This does not exist in the PH, so getting clear title to any property is a crap shoot.  Just be aware of that, and be sure to examine the paper trail on the property very carefully.

A beautiful fantasy to have a bamboo house on the beach here for sure, but probably not more than that.  One word: termites!  They are ferocious and they eat bamboo.  This is why most homes are built of concrete here.  It's one of the few things they don't eat.  Even in a concrete house they will eat the wooden door frames, etc.  Termites are a real problem here, be aware of that.

I love Cebu Island.  All in all, I think it is one of the best places to live in the PH.  However, land prices here are for the most part insane.  That said, if you are willing to get away from the beach and go into the mountains, land can still be found for 25p a meter or less.  Incidentally, land is not measured with the English system here.  Rather it uses metrics.  So the basic unit is the meter (about 39" on a side).  A hectare is the metric equivalent to the acre but there are about 2.5 acres in one hectare (10,000 square meters).  If you really do want land on the beach, be prepared to pay over 1,000p a meter for it and in some places over 2,000p.  Of course, the closer you get to Cebu City the higher the prices go for land.

Besides Moalboal, you might want to look further south.  The Santander area has beaches and mountain lands too.  Best of luck to you! 

tomaw

TheBob is the guy to talk to. I live near by but the land prices are on the high side for me, further south they are OK,. There is a new mall at Dumanjug not so far away. Definitely the best beaches in the south

...... Sounds good thanks! We'd prefer a lot in a subdivision for several reasons: its already subdivided with utilities and amenities. Also the title would seem to be more secure. To claim title a person would have to go up against all of the other people who bought lots there as well as a big well establshed development company. (Providing that's what it is of course.)
  • Like 1
tomaw

Man you got to go there and see what you like. Clean beaches and Malls near each other are not in the whole country. the closet you could get to that I know of is Subic bay. they have a few new Malls, Some beachs near that are clean. But two acres of land is going to cost you a lot more than you think. I mean like 50K Us at the least for 2 acres. So you will need to think about that. You will need to start a corporation to build or put in a womans name. So You should read for the next few years and look around

.... Why so much land? Unless one plans on being a farmer or a hermit I don't see the point.
  • Like 1
thebob

.... Why so much land? Unless one plans on being a farmer or a hermit I don't see the point.

To give you a buffer between you and your neighbors! Some people are really noisy!

Davaoeno

Why ????  only someone who doesnt live here would ask why !!     :ROFLMAO: 

Karaoke machine at 130 decibels [ volume limited only by the ability of the speakers to not shred on use !! ],  36 fighting cocks all staked out in the neighbours yard,  , 14 dogs [ all askals] constantly barking at intruders, other dogs, white ladies, shadows etc -  need I say more ??

• Like 4