Cell phone jammer

Wrye83

The Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG) has also been activated within the Philippines National Police (PNP), to go after sellers of signal jammers, while the PNP, especially its intelligence units nationwide have been urged to monitor suspected users of phone jammers.

The ACG announced the arrest of a businessman and three of his employees in the city of Caloocan for selling signal jammers on the Web site www.sulit.com after receiving information fron citizens, according to a the Phil. Star.

I see you failed to post the title of the article or why the concern for jammers.

Here's the article in its entirety.

http://www.zdnet.com/ph/philippines-warns-of-mobile-phone-jammers-ahead-of-elections-7000014569/

Jammers are the least of their concerns if they are sending election counts via cell phone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrye83

• broden

• miles-high

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmmmmm..... I dunno.   A karaoke/rooster/BFHammer jammer on the other hand.......  

i understand the logical objections to the use of the jammer but i would love to have one.   call me an asshole but i know i would enjoy the off-color amusement of seeing some self-indulged prick at

Ok, appears some people here are the pricks in the movie theaters and on motorcycles using cell phones when you shouldn't be. I'm not running around with this thing turned on all day. I use it when so

Posted Images

This 10 meter cell phone signal jammer has good concealment, because it just look like a cell phone. But it also has limited jamming capability, which can only disable cell phones in a short range, generally 5-10 meters.

Knowdafish

This 10 meter cell phone signal jammer has good concealment, because it just look like a cell phone. But it also has limited jamming capability, which can only disable cell phones in a short range, generally 5-10 meters.

Nice 1st post

• Administrator
Salty Dog

As for the electrical: They send someone out to read the meter. My electric is not remotely read or turned on or off. Neither is anyone else's in the area. You know I'm in the Philippines right?

I'm in Cebu and they access my meter every 20 seconds or so via phone. Not sure if they use land line or cell signal or why they do it so often. It shows on the meter with a little icon of a phone. Yes, I was amazed when I saw it.

As for the jammer, I was amused when I read the OP post, but I can also see other's points, who weren't so amused. Like just about every other topic in the forum, let's just agree to disagree on some topics. It always bothers me personally when anyone attacks another individual because of their post or beliefs on here for any reason. I guess I'm just not made that way.

We can all agree we hate hearing a cell phone go off during a movie. It really doesn't happen to me that much. Now and then I've seen others say something and every time the user was so embarrassed that they stopped using it.

Bottom line, is I'm too cheap to pay that much. Hell I could just pay the perpetrator to stop many, many times before I would spend over $150!

bargeman

How did the world get emergency cell phone calls before cell phones? I can't believe we made it as a civilization prior to cell phones. /sarc

In other news France has blocked cell phone signals in certain public places for years. Amazing civilization there hasn't collapsed. /more sarc

I fully understand the legality of the jammer. Very simple.....it is illegal to use. But so is drinking and driving, driving without a driver's license or registered vehicle, smoking in public and littering. We all see how well those laws are enforced. Big difference from a small portable jammer and a stationary radio station. One takes sophisticated, and expensive, electronic equipment to catch while the other just takes looking for increased electrical bills and stationary antennas.

The French are now immune to their civilization collapsing, it done it twice before. / more sarc.

batman2525

Why not just throw a handfull of tacks in the road

I used to do that when I was a young guy...lotta fun.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I wouldn't want to keep it on in my pocket day in, day out right next to the boys... Just sayin'.

A long time ago I bought a kit to build an x-band transmitter. That was fun, kind of like a remote break light activator. But I only used it like that for a day before I redesigned it to modulate a '56MPH' speed on the X-band for any x-band receivers to receive. Was fun while x-band was the majority of ahem, receivers, in use. 

Edited by Monsoon
Wrye83

I wouldn't want to keep it on in my pocket day in, day out right next to the boys... Just sayin'.

Cheapest vasectomy around. ;)

I worked on military grade jammers in Afghanistan. I have had radiation burns from touching a stationary jammer antenna I didn't know was on. This thing is nothing to worry about.The power this thing is producing is barely more than a cell phone.

Edited by Wrye83
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Cheapest vasectomy around. ;)

I worked on military grade jammers in Afghanistan. I have had radiation burns from touching a stationary jammer antenna I didn't know was on. This thing is nothing to worry about.The power this thing is producing is barely more than a cell phone.

It didn't actually say how many watts of ERP were involved in the link to the specific product we are speaking about here, so neither of us can be very scientific here. However - there have been extensive studies performed on basic cell phones. Most of them involve active cell phones (i.e. conversations) where the unit is held up to the head. The data is interesting. 

Now the case of comparing a cell phone to this jammer - apples to oranges. 

Your basing your statement on what? Whether you can actually feel the RF burn from physical contact with the antenna? You may have put your time in around lovely Afghanistan, but you have a lot to learn about RF and its effects on human flesh.

Edited by Monsoon
Wrye83

It didn't actually say how many watts of ERP were involved in the link to the specific product we are speaking about here, so neither of us can be very scientific here. However - there have been extensive studies performed on basic cell phones. Most of them involve active cell phones (i.e. conversations) where the unit is held up to the head. The data is interesting.

Now the case of comparing a cell phone to this jammer - apples to oranges.

Your basing your statement on what? Whether you can actually feel the RF burn from physical contact with the antenna? You may have put your time in around lovely Afghanistan, but you have a lot to learn about RF and its effects on human flesh.

I'm basing my statement off of knowledge of how many watts this thing pushes out, which is 4mW. A 3g cell phone output is around 2.5-5mW (some are even higher). 1W is leaked from your average microwave. An FM radio station tower will put out over 100kW. Fact is your body is bombarded daily by RFs and af much higher levels than this jammer puts out. You have little to worry about. Remember all the fuss some group made about cell phones causing brain cancer several years ago? Turned out to have no basis in truth. Just people trying to scare other people with things they don't understand.

I don't think it is apples and oranges since the jammer is pushing out the exact same frequencies a cell phone does. Some of the other things I mentioned here are apples and oranges though.

Wrye83

Can a cell phone jammer also block the wifi or gps signals?

This one in particular can jam some wifi signals since it seems to not be properly filtered. I don't have a spectrum analyzer so I can say for sure how well this one stays within the frequencies it is supposed to jam. I do know it interrupts wifi at a local pub though.....at others it doesn't. I suspect the wifi it will interrupt is the 2.4 GHz since it is jamming the 3g at 2110-2170 MHz.

• 3 weeks later...
Suzan223Pian

you should have it shoved firmly up your arse, just to test how uncomfortably warm it gets,

what the feck do you think gives you the right to jam anyones phone,  i suppose you turn it off when you want to use your own phone.

how would you feel if you needed your phone in an emergency and some like minded prick 30 feet away has one of these up His arse

too late broden missed your post,,,,

Whats done is done, sorry bud

The GPS tracking device is also a kind of electronic product and a lot of people now are suffering from the tracking of it and this is really a kind of suffering for them. And for the people who hate of being tracked then the gps signal jammer is a good assistant.