Cell phone jammer

Wrye83

Ok, appears some people here are the pricks in the movie theaters and on motorcycles using cell phones when you shouldn't be. I'm not running around with this thing turned on all day. I use it when someone else is being rude or putting other lives in danger. Some of the replies here are the exact reason I wanted it in the first place. They think their little personal conversation is far above being courteous and respectful to the people around you. Try to tell these people to turn their cell phones off and they throw a little hissy fit and end up talking even louder on the phone.

I'm pretty dang sure that the guy in the movie theater texting or talking on the phone for the whole movie doesn't have an emergency.....if they did they might want to get their @ss up out of their seat and go deal with it. Motorcycle riders are endangering everyone on the road with their texting/talking while driving. Again if you have an emergency pull over and take the call then get you @ss to the emergency.....instead of possibly ccreating an emergency via accident for another family.

The jammer has only came on for a few seconds when needed to stop someone from being a prick. It has a 10 meter radius, I'm not knocking out an entire city block. The chances of someone getting an emergency call in my little 10 Meter bubble for those few seconds is unlikely, and if they did the caller would likely call back if it's that much of an emergency.

I also don't want to be sitting in a bar listening to you fighting with your girlfriend wife over the phone. Show some respect and take it outside.....I say the same to anyone who is physically at the bar and causing a problem. I also know that it is culturally not accepted in the theaters here as many of the locals get just as ticked off as me. There are those inconsiderate people everywhere in the world. Confronting an inconsiderate prick usually doesn't go well, better to just to it discretely to avoid any conflicts.

The jammer is made in Norway or something like that. What is the PNP gonna do? Let me know when they figure out how to write someone a littering ticket or are capable of busting someone for drinking and driving (before the checkpoint or accident). They are incapable of doing the most simple of tasks.....even if they had a spectrum analyzer I highly doubt there would be anyone capable of using it.

• Like 7
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrye83

• broden

• miles-high

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmmmmm..... I dunno.   A karaoke/rooster/BFHammer jammer on the other hand.......  

i understand the logical objections to the use of the jammer but i would love to have one.   call me an asshole but i know i would enjoy the off-color amusement of seeing some self-indulged prick at

Ok, appears some people here are the pricks in the movie theaters and on motorcycles using cell phones when you shouldn't be. I'm not running around with this thing turned on all day. I use it when so

Posted Images

thebob

I must admit that I like the idea, but I also worry about the application. Legally, I expect that this device is broadcasting on the GSM band so you would need a license for this spectrum. Foreigners have been deported here for running unlicensed radio stations, and this law could be applied.

I can envisage a market for cell phone free areas. Maybe licenses could be sold for some establishments. For example in bars, restos and cinemas. There needs to be a sign explaining that a particular area is blocked, and to please move outside to make calls.

• Like 3
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

I must admit that I like the idea, but I also worry about the application. Legally, I expect that this device is broadcasting on the GSM band so you would need a license for this spectrum. Foreigners have been deported here for running unlicensed radio stations, and this law could be applied.

I can envisage a market for cell phone free areas. Maybe licenses could be sold for some establishments. For example in bars, restos and cinemas. There needs to be a sign explaining that a particular area is blocked, and to please move outside to make calls.

this comes up in the states occasionally.. and the main problem as far as i know that they generally have with it is the blockage of incoming emergency calls

miles-high

By applying the “castle doctrine”, I suppose you could legally use it at your own home as long as its field strength is within the limit, perhaps the output of less than a few mw...

Then, there is a much better, legal way to have a quiet home, bar, restaurant or whatever the owner wants – make the room, area, house, building a faraday cage. It might even prevents some bullets, intruders... lightning strike for sure.

It would be cheaper in a long run as it would not use any electricity...

• Like 1
Wrye83

this comes up in the states occasionally.. and the main problem as far as i know that they generally have with it is the blockage of incoming emergency calls

How did the world get emergency cell phone calls before cell phones? I can't believe we made it as a civilization prior to cell phones. /sarc

In other news France has blocked cell phone signals in certain public places for years. Amazing civilization there hasn't collapsed. /more sarc

I fully understand the legality of the jammer. Very simple.....it is illegal to use. But so is drinking and driving, driving without a driver's license or registered vehicle, smoking in public and littering. We all see how well those laws are enforced. Big difference from a small portable jammer and a stationary radio station. One takes sophisticated, and expensive, electronic equipment to catch while the other just takes looking for increased electrical bills and stationary antennas.

• Like 3
Wrye83

By applying the “castle doctrine”, I suppose you could legally use it at your own home as long as its field strength is within the limit, perhaps the output of less than a few mw...

Then, there is a much better, legal way to have a quiet home, bar, restaurant or whatever the owner wants – make the room, area, house, building a faraday cage. It might even prevents some bullets, intruders... lightning strike for sure.

It would be cheaper in a long run as it would not use any electricity...

I did mention it uses a Nokia cell phone battery and charger right? I would think that building a Faraday cage would run you a lot more than constantly charging a Nokia phone for, say, 20 years.

miles-high

even if they had a spectrum analyzer I highly doubt there would be anyone capable of using it.

As per the act providing for the regulation of public and radio communications Act No. 3846 makes a simple possession of unauthorized radio transmitting devices illegal.

movie theaters

in a bar

I would think the owner(s) alone should have legal power to regulate any transmitting, photographic, recording or camera devices on these premises, unless already regulated by the law... It's probably better and easier if you just ask your bodyguard to shut him or her up...

A_Simple_Man

I certainly understand the poster's desire to block cell phone users within 10 meters of his table while dining out.  I support it.  That is provided he is not smoking within 10 meters of my table or drinking and getting loud in same radius or bringing obnoxious children within that range of my table or eating smelly stuff like dried fish.  We should all have the right to live in a bubble. :sarcasm:

• Like 1
Wrye83

I certainly understand the poster's desire to block cell phone users within 10 meters of his table while dining out.  I support it.  That is provided he is not smoking within 10 meters of my table or drinking and getting loud in same radius or bringing obnoxious children within that range of my table or eating smelly stuff like dried fish.  We should all have the right to live in a bubble. :sarcasm:

Sorry, I couldn't find any obnoxious children jammers online (I have a story about one particular child that is completely out of control, but that is going to be another thread). I am a smoker but only smoke in designated smoking areas as put forth by the government or business. I regularly go outside even while in smoking areas if I'm around someone who is offended by the smoke or I use my electronic cigarette that has no smell at all. I am considerate of people around me. I just ask for the same.

• Like 2
miles-high

obnoxious children

Ahhhhh that is another topic but almost any nice restaurants here in NCR, there are so many parents with obnoxious children running around... and worse yet, their nannies are running around trying to catch them... much more annoying than cell phone users for sure...

I wish I had 8 or 9 children and we would go to the Shang main dining room altogether... :)

• Like 2
Wrye83

As per the act providing for the regulation of public and radio communications Act No. 3846 makes a simple possession of unauthorized radio transmitting devices illegal.

I would think the owner(s) alone should have legal power to regulate any transmitting, photographic, recording or camera devices on these premises, unless already regulated by the law... It's probably better and easier if you just ask your bodyguard to shut him or her up...

So how will they know you possess a jammer that is in your pocket. You're going to go around the movie theater checking every person's pockets? I believe that is illegal. Police presence here is non existent. The chances of you getting caught are slim to none....unless your stupid enough to walk into a police station with the thing on.

I can't afford a personal bodyguard and I don't want to miss the movie that I paid to see by going and getting the guard. Distracting cell phone users in movie theaters should be removed and charged for theft.

i like this 

while in movies or restaurant no need to have cell on 

or if must put it on vibrate and take your call outside 

any one seen the benches put around city with blocked signal around them 

i thing it was kit kat who sponsor it 

take a brake take a kit kat or what not 

not sure where is it i seen in on tv 

love it 

• Like 1
miles-high

When we were listening to Bach or whatever being played by Munchner Philharmoniker several years ago, someone’s cell phone started ringing…

That was a very annoying incident and I would think those concert halls, movie theaters should make the area a Faraday cage and so posted that no radio waves will reach their phones.

I am sure any surgeon waiting for a body to harvest an organ should ask his or her assistant to just come in the theater to fetch him or her when the body became available (I know they can afford an assistant or two)… :)

Edited by miles-high
SkyMan

Well I like it.  Maybe I'll sponsor one for my church.

• Like 2

I'll wait for the next upgrade that turns off notepads and laptops as well as cell phones.  (If it were only possible :cool: - dream on.) 

Edited by GoHuk
  • Like 1