Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

S&R today

SkyMan

I've only been there a couple times and have been annoyed by exit security checking the items in the cart against the receipt just after they were put there by the checker.  But I think I figured out why and it's actually a benefit to shoppers and the store.  Of course they are checking to see if you've tried to steal anything but here's the deal.  What's the first thing you do after checking out?  Get a pizza right?  Or calzone or burger or whatever.  Then you sit down and eat while somebody could be doing a little shopping out of your cart load of already paid for items, right?  Well, they're less likely to do that if they need to show a receipt for the stuff.  Also, if you suspect someone may have shopped out of your cart, just do your own inventory before leaving and if something's missing, go get another from the store.  They can't complain because you have a receipt for it and you haven't left yet.

Anyway, I did notice a rather large stock of milk at p200/half gallon and an expiration of 5 August.  No KC Masterpiece BBq sauce which is an acceptable sub for Bullseye but I've never seen them have Bullseye there.  JennyO Ground Turkey tubes were p40 off so p99/lb.  They had the large jars of Grey Poupon.

Regarding membership I notice the personal (Gold) membership was p700 and p400 for the spouse but the Business membership was p900 with a free add on so that would be cheaper for a couple but don't know what extra problems are involved getting a Business membership.  The BM also allows like 4 add on members at p400/ea too so I group of people could get one and cut costs.

Edited by SkyMan

Wolfpack

good to know about the milk, that is something that we really look to S & R for...and they we out of stock last week...

Nangulo

Same as I've said before, Costco, Sam's Club have the same practice in the States about checking receipts against merchandise prior to leaving the store.  I believe it's because they don't bag the stuff,  It goes from one cart to another and you're outta there.  Stuff could be added to the cart because there's no physical barrier between check-out and walk-out.  It's really not much different than a security guard at Gaisano making a mark on your receipt, only a bit more time consuming.

hchoate

I know I should start another-another thread, but:

"stock of milk at p200/half gallon"

That's U$10 per gallon!

How the heck is the average Filipino family surviving?

Two days pay from a decent job for a gallon of milk!

I ask my relatives and they just grin and shrug.

I'm thinking now that I may not be able to live in the Phils due to the cost of living- may actually be higher than US! Anybody leaving because of it?

broden

How the heck is the average Filipino family surviving?  

by not buying milk

• Like 3

hchoate

by not buying milk

That's it! I can't take the air pollution so I just won't breathe the air!

broden

i think till my wife came to the states the only kind of milk she had really had was condensed 

plus there is a good percentage of filipinos that are lactose intolerant 

POTATOMAN

replace milk with beer

no one

1 liter of milk in gaisano or any other is little over 60 or 70 up the brand 

so 1 gallon is 3.6 liter or so 

lets say 70 for 1 litter puts you to 250 or so 

still it is more than us but you save on others well if you want to 

paying 200 for half a gallon 

all i can say lol 

• Like 1

Canuck Joe

grocery shopping while hungry is bad for my wallet so I eat first...

but the problem with that is after I eat my calzone I just want to go home.

• Like 1

broden

grocery shopping while hungry is bad for my wallet so I eat first...

but the problem with that is after I eat my calzone I just want to go home.

hell come to the states .. a lot of people eat during .. but seeing as they tend to not pay for what they ate while walking around it saves them money

Canuck Joe

hell come to the states .. a lot of people eat during .. but seeing as they tend to not pay for what they ate while walking around it saves them money

smorgisboard! (Spelling?)

I think we have all been guilty of sampling a grape or three. :)

• Like 1

broden

smorgisboard! (Spelling?)

I think we have all been guilty of sampling a grape or three. :)

i remember watching a crackhead woman get stopped in a store (surprised they actually stopped her) eating bananas and a jar of nutella .. she had chocolate all over her face like a little kid and was still trying top play it off .. funny as hell .. they said a few nights before she was doing the same with the avacados and hot sauce

Canuck Joe

i remember watching a crackhead woman get stopped in a store (surprised they actually stopped her) eating bananas and a jar of nutella .. she had chocolate all over her face like a little kid and was still trying top play it off .. funny as hell .. they said a few nights before she was doing the same with the avacados and hot sauce

wow.....I bet she was wearing leopard skin spandex

that's why I just stay the hell away fro wallmart!!!!!

broden

wow.....I bet she was wearing leopard skin spandex

that's why I just stay the hell away fro wallmart!!!!!

free entertainment is free entertainment 

• Like 1