Sign in to follow this  
Britishandproud

Outback Grill Restaurant, Davao City

Britishandproud

Outback Grill Restaurant (Owned by a British fella) is a nice place to go eat, It has burgers, Seafood, BBQ, Ribs Etc, Me my ex and two of our friends went and had dinner there. The place was very busy and well organised, Found a place to sit then ordered, Now with me I'm very very picky at what I eat and what I mean by that is, I don't like many different foods. I don't eat all the special cultural food like Mexican, Indian, Chinese and Filipino food, I mainly like my food plain. Example of how picky I can be is, I like gravy only on beef mince meat, Now when I do have mince meat I have mash potatoes with it but I have to have separate plates, Because of the gravy lol.

Any way I first asked for a beef steak and the waitress corrected me and said they don't do beef steak, Which I got to say I was disappointed. On the menu it said pork steak, I misread it and I don't like pork steak. So then I ordered the western burger but I wanted it plain with just the burger in the bun. The western burger does come originally with burger, bacon (I think) and some other stuff. When I was explaining to the waitress I just wanted a plain burger she was telling me they don't do plain burgers, I thought that's strange because we all know they cook burgers on there own right lol.

So I told her they must do a plain burger and she was saying no they don't, I told her the chefs don't usually cook it all in one, she said she will go check with the chefs, She comes back and says the chef said It comes with all it says on the menu and me and ex just looked at each other thinking it's weird. Then my ex tried to explain it to the waitress and then she goes ""Oh I understand now, Yes we can do that", The problem was she couldn't understand me, I also ordered Large chips and a jug of coke. My ex and 2 friends ordered the squid dish and shared it all out with unlimited rice.

While we were waiting for the food there was a fire dance show, It is a show that is for the customers and I think it must go on everyday. The show was good and a nice added bonus to the restaurant. There is also a camera man who goes round with a big frame and takes pictures and costs  100 or 200 peso for a copy of the picture. The table next to us had a birthday girl and her friends must of told the restaurant because some guys who work there came over with some drums and started to play some music and singing for her. The food came some time later, My burger was delicious and it was quite big in thickness, Chips were what we call in UK "Crinkle chips" and tasted good. 

After we all ate and talked for a while the bill came and was just over 1000 peso, I said I will pay for it all because it was me who invited them to dinner, But one of the friends said no she will pay half even after I insisted, She payed 500 peso towards the bill, The friend is someone I've known over 2 years online on Facebook and she sent me some money to get her a case for her iPhone which she couldn't find in Davao and that's the reason we all met up that night.

So if you ever in Davao City I recommend you go check it out and see what you think.

This is a video of the fire dance show, Hope you all enjoy.

post-15008-0-54986400-1373770177_thumb.jpg

post-15008-0-19849200-1373770205_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Wolfpack

very cool!!!

• Like 1

Nangulo

Man, I was thinking Outback Steak House.  I'd do the 7 hour drive for a good Outback steak.

Good post.

• Like 3

JamesMusslewhite

Man, I was thinking Outback Steak House.  I'd do the 7 hour drive for a good Outback steak.

Good post.

Mark, you would be driving awful fast to get there in 7 hours..... you must really love the Outback steak house.... hehehe

I love a good beef steak, for we sure can not find them here in Surigao City. The last decent stake I had was when I was in Maldives a few months ago. Even so this place looks like a great place to take the wife next time we travel down to Davao.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite

Britishandproud

Man, I was thinking Outback Steak House. I'd do the 7 hour drive for a good Outback steak.

Good post.

Mark, you would be driving awful fast to get there in 7 hours..... you must really love the Outback steak house.... hehehe

I love a good beef steak, for we sure can not find them here in Surigao City. The last decent stake I had was when I was in Maldives a few months ago. Even so this place looks like a great place to take the wife next time we travel down to Davao.

Yeah I love beef steak! That's why I was disappointed they only do pork steak which I don't eat.

They also did a competition challenge, a customer had to eat a special dish which has a lot of food, I forgot what it was, maybe ribs or something, Anyway if he ate it in a certain amount of time he gets it free and also wins some vouchers I think it was.

• Like 1

liquido

Is that the restaurant with an airplane mounted on top of the roof??  Im thinking thats the place I have went by many times on my to the hotel I usually stay at...

• Like 1

Britishandproud

Is that the restaurant with an airplane mounted on top of the roof??  Im thinking thats the place I have went by many times on my to the hotel I usually stay at...

Yes, That's the place, You should check it out. :thumbsup: