1 TB Thumb Drives Now Available!

Knowdafish

http://www.slashgear.com/kingston-1tb-usb-3-0-thumb-drive-hands-on-08264287/

1069182_616479428371552_2126174081_n.jpg

Holy mega-memory storage Batman!  _batman__by_MenInASuitcase.gif

1 TB = 1,000 GB or 800-1000 movies on one thumb drive! Oh, the possibilities!  :frantic:

There's a guy online who wants 4,500p for a 3 month old used one, so that says they are available in the Philippines.

That is a ton of memory for such a small device!  :good:

IMG_3562-580x435.jpg

The only thing more impressive will be the radical price drop  __ years from now when they will be 90% cheaper.  :blink:

Edited by Knowdafish
Britishandproud

I download 4gb HD movies to watch on my popcorn hour, I've filled two 1tb external hard drives and one 320gb portable hard drive also my pc, next when I can save I will go for 2tb internal hard drive.

This thumb drive would be very handy for people.

Paul

I have had a 500 gig flash drive for a number of months now. Granted, it wasn't available here. Someone sent it to me from the US. 

roadhaze

I just brought a 3t external Seagate over from US. I would be interested in one of these if any one finds them here in cebu. Would be great for traveling. I like the Kingston, 16g that I carry with me sometimes.

Paul

I just brought a 3t external Seagate over from US. I would be interested in one of these if any one finds them here in cebu. Would be great for traveling. I like the Kingston, 16g that I carry with me sometimes.

A 16 gig flash drive? That is so - so yesterday. :D

Seriously, I know what you mean. They make life so easy, don't they? God, I love technology and the advancements it has made. I remember saying, back when I was in high school - we are talking the early '80s here, saying, "I can't wait to see how much technology would change in my life time." Well, so far, here it is: 

5 1/4" floppy disks had 720 Kilobytes of storage on a single side. Our Computer Science teacher showed us that, if we put a notch in the opposite side, allowing the disk to be writeable on the opposite side of the disk, we could effectively double the storage capacity.

5.25-inch_floppy_disk.jpg

Nowadays, we don't have to carry those around with us. Rather, we can put a memory stick (usb flash drive, flash disk, jump drive) on a keychain or necklace and off we go.

pic001.jpg

Gotta love the advancements...

SkyMan

5 1/4" floppy disks had 720 Kilobytes of storage on a single side. Our Computer Science teacher showed us that, if we put a notch in the opposite side, allowing the disk to be writeable on the opposite side of the disk, we could effectively double the storage capacity.

You young whipper snapper.  Oooooh, magnetic media, whoopty doo!  I put my important data on paper tape and that's the way I like it!
  • Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

nothing like the old days when you use to sketch everything important on the ol cave walls

• Like 2
johnboy999

http://www.slashgear.com/kingston-1tb-usb-3-0-thumb-drive-hands-on-08264287/

1069182_616479428371552_2126174081_n.jpg

Holy mega-memory storage Batman!  _batman__by_MenInASuitcase.gif

1 TB = 1,000 GB or 800-1000 movies on one thumb drive! Oh, the possibilities!  :frantic:

There's a guy online who wants 4,500p for a 3 month old used one, so that says they are available in the Philippines.

That is a ton of memory for such a small device!  :good:

IMG_3562-580x435.jpg

The only thing more impressive will be the radical price drop  __ years from now when they will be 90% cheaper.  :blink:

I would run a mile from that online ad for 4500 php, that's just over $100USD. The 512GB version of the Kingston drive in the picture retails at $1750 (although if you shop around you can find it cheaper), so I would expect the 1TB Kingston to be well over $3000! To be fair, they are USB3.0 drives and the used one being advertised is certainly going to be USB2.0, but I really can't see a genuine 1TB drive being sold for 100 bucks! It screams scam or fake drive to me

Edited by johnboy999
  • Like 1
Skywalker

Kingston debuts 1-terabyte USB 3.0 flash drive with matching price tag

CES 2013 Oh, and it's fast too

By Michael Rougeau 

January 10th

0 COMMENTS

Unknown-2-580-75.jpgThe 1-terabyte HyperX predator is bulky but attractive

Related stories

Sony shows off new television ranges

At CES this week Kingston unveiled the world's largest capacity USB flash drive, the DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0.

The flash drive is available now with 512GB, and a 1-terabyte version will become available before the end of Q1.

In addition to having the largest capacity ever, the HyperX Predator is "the fastest USB 3.0 Flash drive in the Kingston family," with read/write speeds up to 240MB and 160MB per second, according to a press release distributed at CES.

But all that speed and capacity won't come cheap.

It costs how much?!

Kingston has yet to reveal how much the 1TB flash drive will cost, and representatives of the southern California company at CES would only refer to the 512GB model's price when queried by TechRadar.

That alone reveals plenty, though, as the 512GB Predator goes for a suggested retail price of $1,750 (UK£1,092, AU$1,656).

A Kingston representative told TechRadar to expect an equivalent price for the larger 1-terabyte flash drive.

On Wednesday, tech site Pocket Lint reported that the 1-terabyte Predator will cost $3,400 in the U.S., though that number has not been confirmed by Kingston.

That kind of price tag is no joke, but the company rep told TechRadar that the high-capacity USB stick is a niche product - one meant for a particular group of consumers who, said the Kingston rep, over the years have expressed to Kingston that price is no issue when it comes to high-capacity portable storage.

It had better be durable

Even so, all that data will need protecting, and at that price you wouldn't want the Predator to break underfoot or in your luggage - to that end, the drive is made of a durable zinc alloy metal that provides a tough, shock-resistant housing, according to Kingston.

The HyperX Predator flash drives, as well as the more practical 32GB and 64GB DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Generation 3 USB sticks that Kingston also unveiled at CES, feature a sliding design and matte metallic finish.

They look like something out of Transformers, but if that's what it takes to keep all that data safe then so be it.

You young whipper snapper.  Oooooh, magnetic media, whoopty doo!  I put my important data on paper tape and that's the way I like it!

For the uninitiated: the origin of the phrase "patching a program" comes from the habit of covering erroneous holes in punched cards or paper tape.