Advice on good quality curtains made up and fitted?.

austwin

I have had a bit of a read back through the forums and may be blind but cant see anything on this, so if anybody can give me advice I would be grateful. My condo in mactan is needing curtains measured up, made up and fitted. I have tight time problem so the measuring and fitting that I would usually do myself I will get done also. Is there any LinK members can offer a direction to point me in with regards to getting this done?. I was told to go to Mandaue foam and did so today, I got a lot of gear there but for curtains they were hopeless. Any advice, even if it is to tell me where to not bother going would be appreciated.

Austwin, I'm after curtains too!  I need a whole set for a large living room complete with pelments. I woulld prefer fabric with sunblocks because I am taking it with me back to Oz, But if not I'll settle for lined ones.

I'll check Cebu Ayala or SM Cebu when I get there next week. If anyone has seen sunblock curtains, pls post. Thanks.

Knowdafish

For simple curtains it is easy to purchase the fabric and any lining yourself and have a sewer make them up for you. Elaborate curtains are another story. I have seen some curtains, roll-up shades, etc that were very nice and made to order in Manila and shipped to your location on sulit.com.ph but you will pay through the nose for them.

Heck, if a guys wife or gf has sewing talent it may be cheaper to buy a 2nd hand sewing machine and have them sew up a batch of curtains rather than paying what they want for some curtains. After all curtains are just sheets of fabric that are hemmed, pocketed, and/or folded. No big deal. 

We used Curtains Unlimited on Ramos and then friends used them too and we were all happy. Inexpensive and reliable, just make sure to get everything in writing to be sure. 

126 F Ramos Cebu City Philippines

+63 32 259 5156 is the number I have in my phone for them and 

+63 32 253 4399 is what is listed online. 

austwin

Thanks I will check these out. ...much appreciated

Thanks guys. I can sew and do normally make my own curtains back in Oz. It's the pelmets I'm chasing mostly as they cost an arm and a leg in Oz. I will check Curtains Unlimited when I get to Cebu. Thanks Mr. Lee

Once you get your tracks installed and set up and buy your material, you need to find an accomplished seamstress who will make up your curtains to your specifications. I was fortunate enough to find one within walking distance who did a great job, coming back and adjusting them so they don't drag on the floor. 

I had 12 linear metres made at a cost of less than 30k pesos (including tracks).

Tip: Make sure the tracks are secured into the ceiling with spring toggle screws if you have a plasterboard ceiling as the weight of the curtains will pull out normal screws.

• Like 1
USCebuana

I bought curtains at GaisanoTabunok last time I was there. They were ok. Cheap compared to US prices and  they had a few selections. 

• 2 weeks later...
austwin

We used Curtains Unlimited on Ramos and then friends used them too and we were all happy. Inexpensive and reliable, just make sure to get everything in writing to be sure. 

126 F Ramos Cebu City Philippines

+63 32 259 5156 is the number I have in my phone for them and 

+63 32 253 4399 is what is listed online. 

I shopped around for Material and fittings all over and it was nightmare. I then went and saw Dan at Curtains Unlimited, he came out measured up gave me choices and a written quote.

They will not be fitted for a couple of weeks yet as product has to be ordered. However if the final install is as good as his service thus far I am sure all will be fine.

Thanks for the heads up on this one...

Edited by austwin
  • Like 2
cebubird

Once you get your tracks installed and set up and buy your material, you need to find an accomplished seamstress who will make up your curtains to your specifications. I was fortunate enough to find one within walking distance who did a great job, coming back and adjusting them so they don't drag on the floor. 

I had 12 linear metres made at a cost of less than 30k pesos (including tracks).

Tip: Make sure the tracks are secured into the ceiling with spring toggle screws if you have a plasterboard ceiling as the weight of the curtains will pull out normal screws.

Have hung curtains/drapes in many homes over the years, I have never seen anything to do with curtains attached to a ceiling. I am just curious as to the reason you would want to do this. Never too old to learn something.