Improving internet speed/reliability

Smart has been great...we had one problem in 3 years plus...and when we had the one problem, they came out to the house and replaced everything

I've heard that Smart and PLDT are one in the same, and like Globe, if  you want to contact them, you've got to have

a smart card or PLDT land line....when we move, I'll dump Globe and get smart....unless I can find a way to get satellite

internet access...though I've not heard of it here...

We live here in bagacay (dumaguete) and l did have smart but it can not get signal here they offered me (l pay and install a 16 fot antenna) it cost 2.800 when they come to install l ask the fellow will it be good now -now the antenna is not good you need 1 there cost just over 5.000 peso - so no thank you what a mess with the contract l refused to pay when they could not deliver -so now we have skycable and its rubbish l opgraded same story so l downgraded again and live with it -but what really makes me mad we live in a poor country and my internet cost 999 pesos pr mdr for that price l can get really fast internet in denmark 

hyaku

I used to pay around 1700 peso a month in Japan for cable TV and internet. As a gamer I got more that my money's worth.

Wolfpack

I've heard that Smart and PLDT are one in the same, and like Globe, if  you want to contact them, you've got to have

a smart card or PLDT land line....when we move, I'll dump Globe and get smart....unless I can find a way to get satellite

internet access...though I've not heard of it here...

I don't contact anyone, lol...when dealing with anything to do with cell phones...that is my wife's area...

I deligate...learned something in the Navy!!!

we have pldt 

customer service non existing 

speed is good when not turned of by some bs 

discount for not having service takes months to get 

its extremely over priced 

but it is the only high speed internet there is so what can you do 

pay the price or by news paper to read :)

all the sticks are the same  more of less if you not in a big city the speed is poor 

Cebudog

I live here in Mandaue and I use Globe Tattoo home WiFi.  My speed is 4.3 mbps night or day.  Very consistent.  I pay 3000p per month and that includes the home phone.  If it slows at all, I just reset the router and instantly back up to 4.3 and that happens rarely.  I've very pleased.

Edited by Cebudog
  • Like 1
ILoveCyrus

I live here in Mandaue and I use Globe Tattoo home WiFi.  My speed is 4.3 mbps night or day.  Very consistent.  I pay 3000p per month and that includes the home phone.  If it slows at all, I just reset the router and instantly back up to 4.3 and that happens rarely.  I've very pleased.

Did Globe come and install hardware in your home?  I need more info on this.  I used the little tiny Globe unit that plugs into laptop USB...it was portable.  Is that what you're talking about or something else?  WE need a landline home phone so your idea sound GOOD TO ME.

Cebudog

Did Globe come and install hardware in your home?  I need more info on this.  I used the little tiny Globe unit that plugs into laptop USB...it was portable.  Is that what you're talking about or something else?  WE need a landline home phone so your idea sound GOOD TO ME.

No, Globe comes to your house but be wary, they use contractors and they will try to rip you off.  Got my wife for 2000p and when you complain to Globe, they just tell you to contact the contractor like they have no responsibility.  If they try to charge you anything "extra", just tell them you have to call Globe to confirm and they will usually change their tune.

My globe is online again...after 2 weeks they fixed it...the problem was that when  PLDT connected someone else in our apartment building they cut my line!!  Stupid people....

Overall I'm happy with globe...basic service p999 a month.  I bought my own wireless router as the ones from internet providers are usually junk...like their modems...I've burned out 2 so far...so when I decided I wanted wireless I just bought a router...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I have Globe Torque (DSL) 10Mbs but they have faster and slower plans. Comes with free home phone and land-line with unlimited calls local and to Globe and their other company land-line and cell phones nation wide. Also free Tattoo stick with 40 hours free data a month on it. Installation and WiFi router with 4 ports was free. Took them about three days to install it after I signed up.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • 2 months later...

My globe is online again...after 2 weeks they fixed it...the problem was that when PLDT connected someone else in our apartment building they cut my line!! Stupid people....

I guess this indicates that Globe DSL is based on PLDT wiring... Correct?

If so, is it also fair to assume that reliability and internet speeds from Globe and PLDT are going to be fairly similar in the same location..?

I guess this indicates that Globe DSL is based on PLDT wiring... Correct?

If so, is it also fair to assume that reliability and internet speeds from Globe and PLDT are going to be fairly similar in the same location..?

Actually, I was living in an apartment building at the time and PLDT snipped a line outside.  I don't know if they run on the same line...doubtful, but how knows...

I have Globe Torque (DSL) 10Mbs but they have faster and slower plans. Comes with free home phone and land-line with unlimited calls local and to Globe and their other company land-line and cell phones nation wide. Also free Tattoo stick with 40 hours free data a month on it. Installation and WiFi router with 4 ports was free. Took them about three days to install it after I signed up.

That must be screaming fast...how much does that run you a month?

• Administrator
Salty Dog

That must be screaming fast...how much does that run you a month?

P3999 Average speed a little over 8Mbs..