Girlfriend tells secret she is married, what next? Annulment Marriage

ChampionXYZ

ChampionXYZ

Hey There, 

I met my girlfriend 2 years ago while on holiday

She is a hard working school teacher and also works at odd hours teaching english online.

She comes from a good family from the South of Cebu and i am from Australia

She never asked for money and told me she never wanted to.

After i told her i had organised my 3rd trip for Xmas ,new years last year  2012 she had a 

secret to tell me on skype. 

So by this time we had a distant relationship over 1 year and she knew that i had taken the relationship 

to a newer level by going to see her and spending xmas with her family for 1 month

then she told me the secret to test me out i guess.

She told me she had been married due to having a pregnancy while she was graduating from school

and had to marry the partner otherwise the school would not allow her to graduate.

( i understand how important a job is in philippines ) 

She had a miscarriage and the guy had no relationship with her and ran away , it was just a 1 night stand.

This happened 2 years before she met me.

she regrets its the worst decision of her life and i have given her the best chance in life by 

understanding her situation and forgiving her for her not telling me about it as i knew it must of 

been hard for her not to tell me.

I still love her the same as before and hope god will give us both the strength to be living here 

in Australia one day and hopfully retired in Cebu by the time im 55. I am 29 now , still young, 

and hope she can get her marriage annulled.

I just sent through 20,000 pesos. for the annulment. 

I am hoping she will get this anulled so i can plan to marry her at the end of 2014. 

She has already paid the lawyer an amount before from her own pocket which i dont know what she has paid.

. she said it can take about 6 months to get the process done.

People make mistakes and people learn from mistakes. She is the one i love and hope you guys understand

why i forgive her cos i understand her reasoning for not be honest at the time cos she knew if she told 

me at the start she was married i may have not courted her due to my age. 

She lovestruck me already but i forgive her for her actions. 

It was only due to Philippino religion/law/culture  she had to marry the stupid guy in order to sacrifice her 

career ( her life pretty much ) from 1 silly mistake. So she could graduate. 

Has anyone been in a similiar situation?

Can anyone tell me more about the chances of the anulment?

how long it takes ? 

Can someone please tell me if that is the norm of education graduation that if they are pregnant they 

are not accepted to pass there degree/course unless she is married?

Thankyou for your time

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• ChampionXYZ

• Brucewayne

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An annulment will cost upwards of P100,000 and takes one to three years. It all sounds flaky, I think you have been scammed. Want to find out?   www.pointmancebu.com

This is certainly good advice and can give you a great deal of peace of mind but do realize this:  Larry will give it to you straight which may mean he'll give you bad news and you need to be ready to

there is a big difference between not telling somebody something. and telling somebody a lie.   lets not confuse the issue. Is there a man amongst us that can hand on heart say they have told ther

Headshot

Interesting topic. You may want to start an introduction thread as well to tell us something about yourself instead of just your GF's problems.

Also, an annulment costs between 150,000 and 200,000 pesos in the Philippines, so if she said the 20,000 pesos was to pay for an annulment, you might want to do some more checking. It really doesn't sound right to me, so you need to get to the bottom of it before you send any more money to her. I would suggest that you read this topic... 

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/61181-the-pity-evoking-scams/

Also...you didn't tell us if you are hoping to bring her to Australia or are planning to live in the Philippines. It will make a difference in the advice you get.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 7
USMC-Retired

I assume you have seen the Cemar Form 5 Advisory of Marriage. Thus ensuring she is actually married. Since she just saw the attorney she would have that handy.

• Like 2
mabutiman

Hmmmmm ... sounding like a scam .... most filipinos are very aware an annulment is not only P20.000 ...P200,000 is about right ....did she show you the original marriage contract ???? .... how would the school know she was pregnant  .... especially as she was still able to terminate it ?? .... do not send another peso !!!

• Like 1
ozboy

Got to agree...mate...20,000 is way way to low for an annulment...6-12 months now seems to be the norm...wE PAID 150,000 IN 2008...

HEY GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE..

Nangulo

Ask to see NSO paperwork before you do anything else.  If she was married legally more than 2 years before you met her, she ought to have NSO paperwork to prove her status to you.

smokey

Interesting topic. You may want to start an introduction thread as well to tell us something about yourself instead of just your GF's problems.

Also, an annulment costs between 150,000 and 200,000 pesos in the Philippines, so if she said the 20,000 pesos was to pay for an annulment, you might want to do some more checking. It really doesn't sound right to me, so you need to get to the bottom of it before you send any more money to her. I would suggest that you read this topic... 

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/61181-the-pity-evoking-scams/

Also...you didn't tell us if you are hoping to bring her to Australia or are planning to live in the Philippines. It will make a difference in the advice you get.

150 to 200 if your lucky and the guy dont show up ... annulments anyone can apply but very few are granted
johnboy999

I would test the waters by telling her that you want to wait and see if they are going to pass the divorce bill later this year, rather than spending money on an annulment as you would prefer a straight divorce for her if it becomes available. If she baulks at this, then you know her motives aren't genuine as all Filipinos know that the government will be hearing a bill to potentially make divorce legal in this congress.

• Like 5
johnormoc

Good advice here mate. An annulment is usually at least P150,000 but I've heard others paid over P200,000 and it can take 1-2 years. If she was indeed married then she will have the supporting documents (Cenomar, Marriage Contract).

She is correct that unwed mothers are sometimes removed from school. Not all universities do this but some do. It has something to do with a morality clause they are forced to sign. One of my wife's friends had to quit STI College for this reason. But I believe she enrolled somewhere else where it wasn't an issue.

Check the other things before you send another peso. Smells a little fishy.

tobster

Really mate you would be well advised to use the shadows pointman services.......If you do you will know 100 percent if she is telling the truth or taking advantage. Larry costs are reasonable and as it in the south its not so far away for him.....................

• Like 4
Paul

Mate, do one of two things:

1. If she is important enough for you to consider staying with, then contact Larry (above) with Pointman Cebu

2. If she isn't important enough for you to consider staying with, then tell her to pound sand. 

• Like 6
SkyMan

She is correct that unwed mothers are sometimes removed from school.

Ask her what school she went to and when she graduated.  Their policies can be checked pretty easy.

20,000 is way way to low for an annulment

The OP did say that she had already paid 'something' and you know how things go here.  The lawyer wants say p40K, but he doesn't tell you you also need to pay his appearance fees and travel expenses and court costs and filing fees, etc. etc. etc.

6-12 months now seems to be the norm

And of course the lawyer is going to give her the shorter estimate and then after he's paid the delays start rolling in.

It does sound fishy to me too but she could just have some bad info.

btw OP: I would immediately ask her if she has any other little secrets of any kind.  Let her know this is her one and only get out of jail free opportunity so she needs to spill anything you might be upset about in the future.  Likewise, you need to open up to her too if there is anything you think she might be remotely concerned with.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 5
SkyMan

1. If she is important enough for you to consider staying with, then contact Larry (above) with Pointman Cebu

This is certainly good advice and can give you a great deal of peace of mind but do realize this:  Larry will give it to you straight which may mean he'll give you bad news and you need to be ready to accept it.  Some guys find out some bad things and can't believe so they wasted their money.  And soon enough waste a whole lot more money.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 8

afgree with previous poster

its normal to be expelled from college for getting pregnant

also remember

adultery is a criminal offence (minimum 7 years) in the Philippines, and more so or something, if you knew the girl was married before you hurly burlied on the chaise longue

love is a many splendoured thing, but it still isnt worth porridge.

tread with care. the husband is probaly a drunken low life and those guys can smell money 3 miles upwind.