Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpack

Blu Bar & Grill (Marco Polo Plaza)

Wolfpack

Has anyone eaten at Blu Bar & Grill at Marco Polo Plaza?

They have an awesome menu online but no prices...

Brucewayne

Sounds like a nice place.

As a 5 star restaurant will normally tell people who complain there are no prices on the menus, "If you have to ask how much, you probably can't afford to eat here".

miles-high

Unfortunately, they don't have a good view of the city any more because of a new, taller condo... Food? I like it there, much more than the main dining room... :)

• Like 1

ellenbrook2001

hmm i have been there 2 times but for me hes average a was expect more upmarket,the price hmmm not cheap but for my money prefer the buffet.

• Like 1

Wolfpack

Unfortunately, they don't have a good view of the city any more because of a new, taller condo... Food? I like it there, much more than the main dining room... :)

do they have prices on their menu at the hotel?

I sent them an email, asking the cost of this:

Share a cocktail for two for the price of one from 4:30 to 7:00 pm only at Marco Polo Plaza Blu Bar & Grill.

Long Island Iced Tea

Starters

Jumbo Lump Crab Cake
With lime aioli, sweet & hot red pepper relish and warm mango chutney

Main Course

Black Angus Rib Eye Steak

Apple tamarind chutney and port wine and black olive sauce

Desserts
The Chefs Platter
Four tempting tastings of the chef’s favorites... Perfect for two to share classic lemon tart, milk chocolate lave cake banana samosas and Apple crumble

Their response:

Please be informed that the rate for the dinner menu you have mentioned in your email is Php 2380+ for the adults and Php 1190+ for the kids, both inclusive of one round of drinks.

Is it too much to ask for an itemized cost?

My 2 year old is NOT eating a 1190+ meal, nor drinking a "Long Island Iced Tea"

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

jigsy

I went for a works party, so not sure of prices. Decent place though, food good, great views and nice vibe.

• Like 1

miles-high

do they have prices on their menu at the hotel?

Yes, on my menu... I didn't look at hers... ;)

• Like 1

Paul

My 2 year old is NOT eating a 1190+ meal, nor drinking a "Long Island Iced Tea"

Not while you are watching, anyway. 

Why not just go there, have a meal, and see for yourself?

As has been stated, if you have to ask how much the items are on the menu, you probably cannot afford it.

Not unlike women and boats, and fast cars.

• Like 1

Wolfpack

Why not just go there, have a meal, and see for yourself?

If I am going to travel from San Fernando...to Marco Polo...and plan to eat at a place I have never eaten before...it is a good idea, to know how much money to bring....

I do not head to McDonald's with 25,000 pesos in my pocket...because I know I do not need to...especially because they do not serve "Long Island Ice Tea"...

When I eat buffet's at Marco Polo...they gave me a net price and beer was included...

To the best of my knowledge, Blu Bar and Grill does not do a buffet with "Long Island Ice Tea" inclusive...it would be nice to know how much they cost...so I can bring the proper amount...I am NOT given them a credit card with an open limit...I HAVE made that error before (Pulkra)...and get $500 credit card bills for dinners I can't remember

Do I really need to write a book on this topic?

Wolfpack

Sounds like a nice place.

As a 5 star restaurant will normally tell people who complain there are no prices on the menus, "If you have to ask how much, you probably can't afford to eat here".

I am just trying to be prepared...just in case I win an overnight stay for 2 in a Grand Deluxe Room at Marco Polo with Buffet Breakfast...I might want to eat dinner and have a drink too...

but heck, something like that could never happen to a guy like me...

I should have attended that Fil Am Friendship Celebration thing last weekend at Raddison Blu...I heard they gave something like that away during their raffle...

• Like 1

Paul

To the best of my knowledge, Blu Bar and Grill does not do a buffet with "Long Island Ice Tea" inclusive...it would be nice to know how much they cost...so I can bring the proper amount...I am NOT given them a credit card with an open limit...I HAVE made that error before (Pulkra)...and get $500 credit card bills for dinners I can't remember

Why not? I have never had an issue with any business, certainly not a high end restaurant, ever charging more than I was billed, or making charges after the fact on my credit card. That's ever, in more than 20 years.

If it does happen, contact your card institution and sort it. It isn't that difficult to do. I do not believe it has been easier to sort out credit card purchases that you did not make, ever before in history. If your card institution makes a deal out of it, then stop using their card. Easy.

Do I really need to write a book on this topic?

I hope you won't. No. Really. I hope you won't.

• Like 1

Brucewayne

I am just trying to be prepared...just in case I win an overnight stay for 2 in a Grand Deluxe Room at Marco Polo with Buffet Breakfast...I might want to eat dinner and have a drink too...

but heck, something like that could never happen to a guy like me...

I should have attended that Fil Am Friendship Celebration thing last weekend at Raddison Blu...I heard they gave something like that away during their raffle...

The thing is, the places that don't list their prices purposely don't do so because they want to attract the uber-wealthy.

To the truly wealthy, list prices on menus and such are considered gauche and would only cheapen the look of the establishment.

In other words, they don't want us there because we have to bargain shop.

Wolfpack

Why not? I have never had an issue with any business, certainly not a high end restaurant, ever charging more than I was billed, or making charges after the fact on my credit card. That's ever, in more than 20 years.

If it does happen, contact your card institution and sort it. It isn't that difficult to do. I do not believe it has been easier to sort out credit card purchases that you did not make, ever before in history. If your card institution makes a deal out of it, then stop using their card. Easy.

I hope you won't. No. Really. I hope you won't.

ya know...I just want to know how much a freaking "Long Island Ice tea" cost...seriously, is THAT too much to ask?

broden

ya know...I just want to know how much a freaking "Long Island Ice tea" cost...seriously, is THAT too much to ask?

how much you got joe?

• Like 1

Wolfpack

The thing is, the places that don't list their prices purposely don't do so because they want to attract the uber-wealthy.

To the truly wealthy, list prices on menus and such are considered gauche and would only cheapen the look of the establishment.

In other words, they don't want us there because we have to bargain shop.

We are NOT talking about the Four Seasons in NY City...we are talking Blu Bar and Grill in Cebu City...if you follow the posts of Miles High here...he said the prices ARE on the menu at the restaurant...the prices are just not listed on their internet menu....

The problem with the email response I received from Marco Polo...the person clearly does not know what a "Long Island Ice Tea" is...because they are quoting a price of one in the meal for a 2 year old...

how much you got joe?

not what I want to be reading when I wake up in the morning...

• Like 2