Visa approval - requirement wild swings

tripsigg

6 years and zero ctedit. I tried to get some but I am a ghost. So it will take some time

I suppose what I write should be a separate thread....and maybe the mods can split it off if they feel like it. 

Don't worry start with the secured stuff when you get back in the US. If you are ghost, you might not even be able to get an account online at first. 

Here's what I did in the 8 months run up to going back to the US and ending up landing a new car loan with zero down just two days after getting back. I used a proxy, my SKypeIn number and sister's address in the US. 

1. Small secured share loan for $300 that reports to all three bureaus. Aged that for 2 months before #2.

2. Got a US Bank secured visa with a $300 limit. Aged that for one month before 3. 

3. Got a Premier Bank Credit Card, raping levels of interest but they gave me an unsecured limit of $300. 

4. Charged simple things like domains, hosting and Kindle books for about 3 months.

5.  Applied for Walmart Card and Amazon Card. They gave me lowish limits. Bought a Walmart Gift Card for my sister to hold onto for my return to generate statements for Walmart. 

6. A few weeks before arrival, I applied for a Credit Union Credit Card. It was a nice limit and waiting for me when I arrived back in the US. In fact, my sister brought it to the airport when she picked me up. 

7. Rested for the night, rented a car, did some sightseeing for the day and the next day I went out and bought a new car with no money down, 4% for 60 months. 

I was able to put just about all my repatriation expenses after arrival on credit cards and it made what was impossible very possible. Sure I am paying down my cards now, but it's an expensive I am very much ok with. I swore for many years that I could never go back to the US because of problems getting visas, paying the immense cost for airfare and most of all coming up with the money needed to set up house for the brood back in the US. I have achieved it all.  

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMC-Retired

• shadow

• tripsigg

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife was approved today. There was Shadows guy and another american there. Yet each of us provided diffrent things. Only I had to prove I had a place to live in US. However I was the only one t

Surely you're a USAA member right?  They can give you all kinds of good financial advice including how to build your credit back.

USAA also has secured credit cards, one of them being an AMerican Express which comes with all the benefits of AE. They have pretty lenient underwriting on their credit cards too. 

SkyMan

6 years and zero ctedit. I tried to get some but I am a ghost. So it will take some time

Surely you're a USAA member right?  They can give you all kinds of good financial advice including how to build your credit back.

• Like 3
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

USAA also has secured credit cards, one of them being an AMerican Express which comes with all the benefits of AE. They have pretty lenient underwriting on their credit cards too. 

• Like 2
Headshot

I suppose what I write should be a separate thread....and maybe the mods can split it off if they feel like it. 

Don't worry start with the secured stuff when you get back in the US. If you are ghost, you might not even be able to get an account online at first. 

Here's what I did in the 8 months run up to going back to the US and ending up landing a new car loan with zero down just two days after getting back. I used a proxy, my SKypeIn number and sister's address in the US. 

1. Small secured share loan for $300 that reports to all three bureaus. Aged that for 2 months before #2.

2. Got a US Bank secured visa with a $300 limit. Aged that for one month before 3. 

3. Got a Premier Bank Credit Card, raping levels of interest but they gave me an unsecured limit of $300. 

4. Charged simple things like domains, hosting and Kindle books for about 3 months.

5.  Applied for Walmart Card and Amazon Card. They gave me lowish limits. Bought a Walmart Gift Card for my sister to hold onto for my return to generate statements for Walmart. 

6. A few weeks before arrival, I applied for a Credit Union Credit Card. It was a nice limit and waiting for me when I arrived back in the US. In fact, my sister brought it to the airport when she picked me up. 

7. Rested for the night, rented a car, did some sightseeing for the day and the next day I went out and bought a new car with no money down, 4% for 60 months. 

I was able to put just about all my repatriation expenses after arrival on credit cards and it made what was impossible very possible. Sure I am paying down my cards now, but it's an expensive I am very much ok with. I swore for many years that I could never go back to the US because of problems getting visas, paying the immense cost for airfare and most of all coming up with the money needed to set up house for the brood back in the US. I have achieved it all.  

So...how do you go about getting US visas for multiple wives? I didn't realize you had moved back to the US. This is certainly an interesting twist to the subject of visa approval...

• Like 1
shadow

Congrats.

The guy who got the speech may have had a criminal history for that sort of thing. They are required to make sure the spouse is aware of certain things, they are also required to block people from sponsoring immigrants in certain cases.

The guy who got the speech is a vietnam vet, and is a little rough around the edges (scars, tattoos, serious PTSD, etc...), the type of guy that would make your average office people squirm in their seats...

If there had been any criminal history or history of abuse the wife would have been informed of it at the interview, that is part of the "mail order bride act".

hookedtothenet

They are US/PH citizens so they are good to go.

Hi Tim,

First Congrats on your wifes approval.

Out of interest did you apply for your children's PH passport first and then the US?

smokey

YOUR CREDIT SELF CLEANS IN 7 YEARS... and my car insurance was low with no tickets
USMC-Retired

Yes we did yhe PH birth certificate and passports. First.

Our order of events

Documents (mariage, birth, cemar)

NBI

CFO

Passport wife/kids

CRBA/Passports kids

Wife visa

CFO dry stamp

Things I had tax returns /W2, DD214, Passport, College Transcripts, Last ECC PH, Driver License PH/US. Various reciepts w/date and name.

Followed the guide by Turbota yet I never waited for anything. I emailed and called. You just have to get the MNL case number that is key. I completeted the DCF in 10 days to set an appointment. Then on day 28 we were approved.

shadow

I completeted the DCF in 10 days to set an appointment. Then on day 28 we were approved.

It is only due to your timing that this was possible. Normally one will wait 2 months or more before the case receives initial approval (NOA2) and you can get a case number. However your timing was impeccable, as just in the last two months have they started kicking out NOA2 in one day (instead of two+ months). It's anybody's guess how long this will be the case.

USMC-Retired

Larry for once I am happy about that. Blind dumb luck or whatever the case was I was due for a stroke of good passing. Most things I did read say 2 months. So I figured I got lucky.

• Like 1
tripsigg

So...how do you go about getting US visas for multiple wives? I didn't realize you had moved back to the US. This is certainly an interesting twist to the subject of visa approval...

Tourist visas :)