Visa approval - requirement wild swings

Nangulo

Tim, if you don't mind - How did you prove domicile?

It was one of the things Terry and I were struggling with.  He had no residence in the States he could claim, and apartment managers wouldn't rent to him several months into the future, hence no confirmed lease.  About all he had were prospects via email but nothing concrete.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMC-Retired

• shadow

• tripsigg

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife was approved today. There was Shadows guy and another american there. Yet each of us provided diffrent things. Only I had to prove I had a place to live in US. However I was the only one t

Surely you're a USAA member right?  They can give you all kinds of good financial advice including how to build your credit back.

USAA also has secured credit cards, one of them being an AMerican Express which comes with all the benefits of AE. They have pretty lenient underwriting on their credit cards too. 

shadow

Tim, if you don't mind - How did you prove domicile?

It was one of the things Terry and I were struggling with.  He had no residence in the States he could claim, and apartment managers wouldn't rent to him several months into the future, hence no confirmed lease.  About all he had were prospects via email but nothing concrete.

All one needs is an address. A friend's or relative's address is fine, they do not expect one to maintain two households.

USMC-Retired

I had a copy of DL and bank statement. That was what I provided

• Administrator
Salty Dog

So whens the big day of final departure?

smokey

So whens the big day of final departure?

[/quote

first he needs to get off his talkpad... texas is a waiting fly like the wind tim

USMC-Retired

Several things to tie up before we zoom out. Plus air fare is not cheap and do not have her passport in hand yet. I also we are going to visit family prior to leaving. Then a guy rented the studio so I have to ensure its ready. So I think mid Sept.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Several things to tie up before we zoom out. Plus air fare is not cheap and do not have her passport in hand yet. I also we are going to visit family prior to leaving. Then a guy rented the studio so I have to ensure its ready. So I think mid Sept.

just barely in time to get your christmas tree up when you get here

• Like 1
tomaw

My wife was approved today. There was Shadows guy and another american there. Yet each of us provided diffrent things. Only I had to prove I had a place to live in US. However I was the only one that did not show a cenomar. The other guy was to provide 3 months of Bank Statements. Shadow guy or myself were not asked. Only Shadows guy got a domestic violence speech. Only Shadows guy was not asked to have a seat during the interview. It varies from one person the next.

How all three of us came together is the gaurds are lost and sent all of us to the wrong line. After 30 mins of that we walked and asked an embassy employee.

Either way the result for all three approved.

. ......... Despite all the hassles your wife is approved, congratulations! What about the kids? Are they approved also? Edited by tomaw
USMC-Retired

They are US/PH citizens so they are good to go.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

hey Tim make sure when you get here you have cash in pocket so you can run right out and get the wife and kids winter clothes

off the plane and straight to walmart

• Like 2
USMC-Retired

Yep planning that. Flip flops and shorts not going to work.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
tripsigg

USMC, how long you been out of the US? How is your credit? If you've been out so long that your credit is nada then you might want to spend a few months building it. 

If you've got a buddy who can help you get a Pen Fed or Navy Federal Account then you can take out a secured share loan. US Bank offers a good secured visa card. Once you got those reporting for a month or two, you can get a walmart and amazon card pretty easily. Spend the next couple of months preparing....everything is about credit these days back in the states. 

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

6 years and zero ctedit. I tried to get some but I am a ghost. So it will take some time

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

My wife was approved today. There was Shadows guy and another american there. Yet each of us provided diffrent things. Only I had to prove I had a place to live in US. However I was the only one that did not show a cenomar. The other guy was to provide 3 months of Bank Statements. Shadow guy or myself were not asked. Only Shadows guy got a domestic violence speech. Only Shadows guy was not asked to have a seat during the interview. It varies from one person the next.

How all three of us came together is the gaurds are lost and sent all of us to the wrong line. After 30 mins of that we walked and asked an embassy employee.

Either way the result for all three approved.

Congrats.

The guy who got the speech may have had a criminal history for that sort of thing. They are required to make sure the spouse is aware of certain things, they are also required to block people from sponsoring immigrants in certain cases.

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

6 years and zero ctedit. I tried to get some but I am a ghost. So it will take some time

Had or somewhat have the same problem myself. I have various lines of credit in the Philippines but had to get a secured credit card in the US. Silly US system doesn't reward people for having income and saving money - you are rewarded for having debt. My credit report consisted of a $265 collection that wasn't even mine, and one bureau had my social security number wrong so they wouldn't release my own report to me when giving them the proper number. How they could suddenly have my social wrong I don't know as I had in the past several credit cards and residential mortgages.  Nice uphill battle but seem to be winning it. Only paying 5% on a new truck, but I gave them $10k down. 

Having to rebuild the credit comes in handy. When I told my wife I was buying a new motorcycle she wasn't too excited about it (mainly concerned for my safety  she doesn't really care what I spend my money on).  "But dear, I need to have a couple more open accounts on my credit report."  :yahoo: