Visa approval - requirement wild swings

USMC-Retired

My wife was approved today. There was Shadows guy and another american there. Yet each of us provided diffrent things. Only I had to prove I had a place to live in US. However I was the only one that did not show a cenomar. The other guy was to provide 3 months of Bank Statements. Shadow guy or myself were not asked. Only Shadows guy got a domestic violence speech. Only Shadows guy was not asked to have a seat during the interview. It varies from one person the next.

How all three of us came together is the gaurds are lost and sent all of us to the wrong line. After 30 mins of that we walked and asked an embassy employee.

Either way the result for all three approved.

• Like 7
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMC-Retired

• shadow

• broden

• tripsigg

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife was approved today. There was Shadows guy and another american there. Yet each of us provided diffrent things. Only I had to prove I had a place to live in US. However I was the only one t

Surely you're a USAA member right?  They can give you all kinds of good financial advice including how to build your credit back.

USAA also has secured credit cards, one of them being an AMerican Express which comes with all the benefits of AE. They have pretty lenient underwriting on their credit cards too. 

smokey

approved that is great news tim..... Get moving before you wake up and its only a dream... best to you and your growing family

• Like 2
shadow

My wife was approved today. There was Shadows guy and another american there. Yet each of us provided diffrent things. Only I had to prove I had a place to live in US. However I was the only one that did not show a cenomar. The other guy was to provide 3 months of Bank Statements. Shadow guy or myself were not asked. Only Shadows guy got a domestic violence speech. Only Shadows guy was not asked to have a seat during the interview. It varies from one person the next.

How all three of us came together is the gaurds are lost and sent all of us to the wrong line. After 30 mins of that we walked and asked an embassy employee.

Either way the result for all three approved.

This just supports my contention that the only thing consistent is inconsistency. Another theory we have is they will overlook one thing on most cases, but if there are two things that are out of line then they will ask for both. As for what they will ask for, I think they get that by reviewing the case paperwork and impressions of the petitioner/applicants. 

We originally had two cases for interview today, but one got hung up in the medical (lung abnormality). Hopefully they will get that cleared up on Monday.

USMC-Retired

The only confusion was the fee I paid. It was only $235.00. Does that mean I will have to pay the $165.00 Green Card fee? That is the most confusing thing is how much to pay.

shadow

The only confusion was the fee I paid. It was only $235.00. Does that mean I will have to pay the $165.00 Green Card fee? That is the most confusing thing is how much to pay.

The visa fee has been $230 for a year or two. The $165 is a new fee you will pay online after she gets the visa, instructions should be in the packet with the visa.

• Like 1
Nangulo

Congrats

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

Thanks however alot of my success in getting it right were by people who already did this here on LINC so thanks. Also have to give Shadow a thanks he answered a few questions via PM about requirements. If you can not tell I suffer from OCD so getting through this was not as difficult.

I do now the tattoo guy's name Shadow had there today but he gave up on it and said he was more the pleased with Shadow and worth double if not just for stress relief. (Not a member so conveyed his opinion).

Edited by USMC-Retired
shadow

I do now the tattoo guy's name Shadow had there today but he gave up on it and said he was more the pleased with Shadow and worth double if not just for stress relief. (Not a member so conveyed his opinion).

Tattoo guy's name is Terry, and although a bit rough around the edges seems a nice enough guy. It was probably his appearance that earned him the bit about domestic violence. They had tried before and failed, then they hired us.

;) 

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

won't be long they'll have to change all the texas population signs again

• Like 2
Half Baked

Good to hear, Tim. Y'all will be back in Texas before you know it!

• Like 1
SkyMan

Congrats Tim.  Finally, eh?  I assume the kids are approved then too?

• Like 1
Mandingo

Congratulations on the visa.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

Yes the kids are complete they have CRBA and US/PH passports.

Sent from my A919i using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1