Scruffydog

Visa Journey is an excellent resource yet by no means the end all be all to answers. Many people processed visas long time ago. Thus everything changes like a fart in the wind. Manila is the busiest Embassy in the world. So much is diffrent here then else where. But I read many articles sorted by date thus ensuring it was current.

Ahh that is sooo true. I have found some think they are experts who are not . I do know there is one guy on the Philippine forum who really knows his stuff.( Guy named Hank) Still lots of good reading info there.

My wife also got some good info hanging out in some of the FB groups like happy Ladies. She learned a little trick.. Once The NVC issues your MNL number you can set your interview and medical and do not have to wait on your package to get to manila and for them to send you a letter. Saved us weeks.

All in all do re

Headshot

Visa Journey is an excellent resource yet by no means the end all be all to answers. Many people processed visas long time ago. Thus everything changes like a fart in the wind. Manila is the busiest Embassy in the world. So much is diffrent here then else where. But I read many articles sorted by date thus ensuring it was current.

Congratulations on your wife getting her visa.

• Like 1
hchoate

As I recall- and things may have changed

someone entering on fiance k3 could work immediately (ain't that in invitation for abuse)

spouse with k1 could not

We did the apply for work permit bit, forget form number, but it took longer to process than getting the green card so was a complete waste of money.

shadow

As I recall- and things may have changed

someone entering on fiance k3 could work immediately (ain't that in invitation for abuse)

spouse with k1 could not

We did the apply for work permit bit, forget form number, but it took longer to process than getting the green card so was a complete waste of money.

K1 is fiance, K3 is a non immigrant visa for a spouse (now obsolete). Essentially, you are correct.