• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThomsonJr

• tambok

• broden

• Dragonladies.org

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marriage, there are many who are fooled by this.

Some years ago I had a Filipina try the "sick carabao" ploy on me and told her, quite truthfully, that I didnt even have a carabao, so she must be wealthier than me, and perhaps she could send me some

I don't think you should assume poverty is behind the online scamming/begging all the time.  Sometimes it is.   Some of these people are living pretty well, and continue to do this to keep up the li

Posted Images

Brucewayne

Money is god in philippines

need to say more?

As it is everywhere.

"Money make the world go round"

Money is god in philippines

need to say more?

The guy I saw wasn't begging. Not an amputee either. His limbs seemed to be being eaten away. If he was begging I probably would not have given. One or two have hit me really hard in the back when shopping in open fronted businesses. Last one was in Tacloban. I had driven there to buy some important med for somebody else and was in the chemist. He thumped me in the kidneys and stuck a cup in my face. Not the best way to be pitied. They are in the market some with gold teeth asking. You offer them food and they look at you like shit. I refused to give to a boy that asked me for money outside Robinson's Cebu. He waved a thousand in my face, told me to f?.?k off and ran off. I guess there are beggars and "beggars" My wife was in the sari sari and a woman grabbed something off the shelf, pointed at my wife and said, "She will pay". If she wanted work I could have given her a few days work. But she was in the business of "asking for money". When I was younger I dug more than a few holes till I graduated. There was a time Father sat waiting for the chicken to lay an egg so he could go sell it. But we never begged.

• Like 1
quit_yume

And was the abortion story mentioned: "Honey I think I am pregnant and it is your baby. I know you do not want to pay child support for the rest of your life so can you just give me a couple thousand because I know someone who can fix it for me but she wants money.

I had this tried on me...  i countered with "im so happy we are going to have a child together !   if its a girl i want to name her jaqueline.   i will come as soon as possible so we can see what sex it is at the doctors office".    never heard from her again.

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

If you give to a minor in traffic, you can be hauled to jail for endangerment to a child, I was almost arrested on that one once.

I was surprised the cop let me go without demanding a bribe for good measure.

That is a good example of the idiotic style of law enforcement in the Philippines. I

Davaoeno

If you give to a minor in traffic, you can be hauled to jail for endangerment to a child, I was almost arrested on that one once.

I was surprised the cop let me go without demanding a bribe for good measure.

last week i was at a traffic light when i stopped to dig into my glove box to get some money for a kid with one foot standing by the car. I cdnt find the money right away and when i looked up i realized that the light had turned to green and i was holding up traffic- that, and that they guy behind me was a motorcycle policeman.  I waited to see if he would stop me but he just went around me and kept on going . 

Maybe he didnt think charity should be punished 

• Like 3