The Pity-evoking Scams

Wrye83

I've met many a girl that have had a bf spend the money to get her a flight to come meet me in Cebu. My only requirement is that she buys me one drink on the bf's bill. Those silly guys deserve what they have coming to them.

Edited by Wrye83
  • Like 1
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThomsonJr

• tambok

• broden

• Dragonladies.org

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marriage, there are many who are fooled by this.

Some years ago I had a Filipina try the "sick carabao" ploy on me and told her, quite truthfully, that I didnt even have a carabao, so she must be wealthier than me, and perhaps she could send me some

I don't think you should assume poverty is behind the online scamming/begging all the time.  Sometimes it is.   Some of these people are living pretty well, and continue to do this to keep up the li

Posted Images

goldote

Sent one to school and he quit work.

Then the sister needed money.  Her bread winner was in school.

Still haven't heard if he graduated.  No money, no communication.

I can see why they think we kanos are stupidos.

Many evolved to know it's best not to ask. Just point out what they lack.

Many suitors are manipulated by the simplest suggestion.

Knew one guy who bought his fiance's family all new appliances.

He felt sorry for them.  He has never been allowed to visit again.  Pawned? 

Many of us feel white man's burden regarding poverty and perceived helplessness.

Many of them see our kindness as weakness. 

• Like 4
quit_yume

I was a bit hesitant to post this at first...  because it doesnt involve money.  but i can assure you that you can be scammed and get your heart broken and it can be much more painful than just losing money..  aside from the lack of monetary loss all the heart tugging and confusing stories can be every bit as dramatic and wild as when a girl is trying to get money from you.  

I never had the chance to meet Amber in person..   but our relationship for a long time was heading in that direction..  Yes she is beautiful and educated and money was not a problem for her and she lived well and it still confuses me as to why she even played this game..  We chatted constantly online and on the phone for what i guess was some months.. We started talking about me going there to meet her and her daughter, then suddenly one day she was gone.  She stopped using her fb and other accounts and no longer answered the phone.  I started trying to contact her friends that I felt confortable with to find out what happen and the few that replied had no idea what happened to her...  

After about 2 months she replied to one of my emails and attached a load of pictures of what supposedly happened to her.  She claimed to have been hospitalized with a heart defect that nearly killed her and was currently at her families home being taken care of..  Attached to the email were loads of pictures of her all bandaged up and hooked up to tubes in a hospital room surrounded by a few friends.  The pictures were real, it was obviously really in a hospital and looked completely legit..  The next day we were on skype together and she looked horrible..  still bandaged and appearing groggy in bed with piles of medications piled up on the bed next to her at her families house..  She said she was reluctant to talk to me once this all happen to her because she was not certain she would live and didnt want to have me being hurt being in her life for all that.  But now that she is 'better', if I was willing she would like to resume where we left off if I didnt mind having a girl that was now 'damaged' goods.  Of course I was emotionally involved and was ready to continue.  So we began again to talk on a regular basis.

Not too long after that one of her fb friends replied to me, repeating the same story I was told before, that she didnt know where Amber was. I just happened to take a look at that friends photos and noticed that she had 2 fb profiles for Amber.  Its not totally surprising that someone would have more than 1 fb profile, as I had 2 also for a long time.  But in this 2nd profile I noticed that while Amber was supposedly hospitalized she was in the front row at a Pitbull concert with her friends, looking healthy, posing for sexy pictures etc...   I was stunned..  I knew Amber had aspirations to do modeling and found that she was in fact doing extensive modeling during that 2 month period..  She is FHM quality material and the pics looked good and sexy and she even had a short spot on TV during those 2 months..  I was totally heart broken with all the lying..  I really couldnt understand why she would go through the amount of effort with all the staged photos at the hospital.  It was bind boggling that the bandages were fake.. the medications on the side table were faked.. .Her ragged out appearance was all makeup... It means her close girl friends were in on it and helped arrange the hospital bed for the sake of the pictures..  Just unbelievable..  So I confronted her (online)

She didnt deny any of the lies that I confronted her with.. She readily admitted them all and admitted to arranging with friends in the hospital to borrow the hospital bed etc.. all this as her explanation was, to not lose me while she dealt with her x filipino bf who was the father of her little girl..  Apparently he was widely known to be violently jealous and has threatened numerous people, including her, with a gun.  She didnt want to be involved with me during that period until she could calmly and finally usher this guy out of her life...   I halfway bought it but I thought it would be a good idea for me to continue snooping..  So, what I found over the course of time was that this story was also a lie.  I was able to find out that she was actually carrying on a relationship with another foreigner that happened to get there before I did to meet her. I never confronted her about that guy but I stopped talking to her.  My heartbreak gradually changed to relief as I began to realize that I was in fact the lucky one.  That guy is now married to her and he probably has no idea what a scammer/liar she is but its almost certain that he will eventually find out.  It was just a matter of luck that I couldnt get there and be with her first..  To this day it just amazes me the amount of effort that she went through to keep me strung along. 

An email I recieved from her not so long ago said something along the lines of how she knows in her heart that I am the only one for her and that one day we are going to be together.   She doesnt know that I know she married someone else.  As far as she knows I just think she is busy working on her modeling career. 

In case any of you guys out there are looking online for  someone here are some pics so you know what a fecking liar/scammer looks like...

post-2373-0-33815300-1374097956_thumb.jpgpost-2373-0-40223000-1374097968_thumb.jpgpost-2373-0-72051500-1374097980_thumb.jpgpost-2373-0-08972700-1374097993_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

People who take advantage of kindness of others are bad. Evil. What they do is swindling a person and taking advantage.They are criminals. 

They give all Filipinos a bad name and make the world lose respect for the country. To take advantage of a foreigner who is alone in your country is a terrible thing. It's just as bad as when Filipinos get used by Arabs or Singaporeans or whoever. It hurts and it's wrong.

Such dishonest people are now the reason why Filipinos cannot get visas to go anywhere because Filipino= swindler and a liar in the eyes of many embassies. All because if these terrible cheats.

They think such kind Kano are stupid? It's an opinion. The person is helpful but not being careful and not aware of how he is being used. He needs to be warned. 

Making caustic fun of a kind person who trusts that the person he is helping will make good use of his help, and saying that he deserves to be punished for kindness is a mean and cruel thing to say. It's victim blaming and misandry.

Because if it was a Filipina girl who got cheated by a Kano BF no one here would be laughing at her or saying that she deserves it or that she is stupid. She entered into the relationship in good faith but was cheated. No victim who is a good and upright and helpful person deserves to be gloated at.

It's better to warn him not to cast pearls before you know who.

I just believe that whoever is helpful and nice will be karmically rewarded for his good deeds. And that a person who misuses the kindness of others will have bad luck in the end.

I've seen it happen many times. 

On a separate note, there is like 20% of people in the Philippines who really need help and are very honest and will use your money sparingly and will be grateful to you for the rest of their lives. I've met them and helped them and saved them from a very sad destiny. It was worth getting cheated by evil scammers but in the end changing the destiny of a few good people as well.

Edited by tambok
  • Like 3
Dragonladies.org

I don't think you should assume poverty is behind the online scamming/begging all the time.  Sometimes it is.

Some of these people are living pretty well, and continue to do this to keep up the lifestyle they want to get used to.

You're more prone to run into one of these scammers or con artists online, since they spend a large amount of time online.  It's a job.

When I have a filipina claim she is in  an internet cafe, that looks nothing like an internet cafe, I usually ask them to swivel the cam around.  I've had a couple who strategically pointed the cam at the ceiling, the floor, but nowhere that would let you see the room they were in.   :)

One scammer who was using a set of pictures that had been used for years, and in some fairly serious scams, was coaxed into showing her real face on cam,    (won't go into how I did it)

I don't know if the same person who showed a face on cam was the person who did all of the scams using the same set of pictures, but some of the scams were of a 'visa and travel' type, that stole up to $10,000 US from elderly male victims, who thought the pretty girl in the pictures was going to come to the US or Canada to marry them.

A lot of the scammers who use stolen sexy pictures and the 'i too poor for camera/send me money for private room i show you things' pitch seem to be ladyboys.    I hope you suckers are proud you are helping to finance boob jobs, and tiaras for them.

Oh, I was involved in 'baiting' Russian and West African scammers already when I first stumbled on a filipina scammer.

This particular one was fairly typical.   Cute.   She would show a face on cam from a home, but then claimed that home burned to the ground a few days later.   She would show up online from an internet cafe for SOME of her chat partners, but would forget sometimes that the house she was chatting from was supposedly cinders, at times.

I say SOME since I had 6-7 other guys chatting with her at the same time, including, at the exact SAME time if we could manage it.

We drove her nuts when she would go online to chat with one of her potential victims, and 5-6 more would show up, unannounced, and start buzzing or chatting with her.

The 'guys' were all chatting with each other at the same time, and coordinating tactics....'buzzing' her at the same time, asking questions...

'why is it taking you so long to answer me? Are you chatting with somebody else?"

'Oh no, BB, I only chat u'

'BB, stand up, let me see what you are wearing today'.

'BB, why are you standing up? Are you chatting with somebody else? I thought I was the only guy you chatted with.'

'Oh, you are blowing kisses to your COUSIN who is an OFW in Dubai.  Why the tongue action?

buzz buzz buzz

This is the face of a filipina chat scammer who is undergoing a concentrated ;chat' assault.

post-4936-0-76794000-1374097475_thumb.jpg

post-4936-0-49984900-1374097604_thumb.jpg

post-4936-0-20903400-1374097633_thumb.jpg

If you feel sorry for her, she was on cam from the house she had claimed had burned to the ground, and had told different stories to each of the guys who were in contact with her.

I don't even remember all of her stories.

Oh, this one was also famous for crying on cue.

'Bb. you look sad today, what's wrong?'   (tears would fall)

"I sad coz a kalabaw walk in house and step on my pet kitty.  I hab no money for funeral for kitty'

huhuhu!

post-4936-0-90907100-1374098342_thumb.jpg

post-4936-0-92795500-1374098387_thumb.jpg

No tears, just covered her face and pretended.  You could say something funny and she would forget she was supposed to be sad.

• Like 6
quit_yume

I don't think you should assume poverty is behind the online scamming/begging all the time.  Sometimes it is.

Some of these people are living pretty well, and continue to do this to keep up the lifestyle they want to get used to.

You're more prone to run into one of these scammers or con artists online, since they spend a large amount of time online.  It's a job.

When I have a filipina claim she is in  an internet cafe, that looks nothing like an internet cafe, I usually ask them to swivel the cam around.  I've had a couple who strategically pointed the cam at the ceiling, the floor, but nowhere that would let you see the room they were in.   :)

One scammer who was using a set of pictures that had been used for years, and in some fairly serious scams, was coaxed into showing her real face on cam,    (won't go into how I did it)

I don't know if the same person who showed a face on cam was the person who did all of the scams using the same set of pictures, but some of the scams were of a 'visa and travel' type, that stole up to $10,000 US from elderly male victims, who thought the pretty girl in the pictures was going to come to the US or Canada to marry them.

A lot of the scammers who use stolen sexy pictures and the 'i too poor for camera/send me money for private room i show you things' pitch seem to be ladyboys.    I hope you suckers are proud you are helping to finance boob jobs, and tiaras for them.

Oh, I was involved in 'baiting' Russian and West African scammers already when I first stumbled on a filipina scammer.

This particular one was fairly typical.   Cute.   She would show a face on cam from a home, but then claimed that home burned to the ground a few days later.   She would show up online from an internet cafe for SOME of her chat partners, but would forget sometimes that the house she was chatting from was supposedly cinders, at times.

I say SOME since I had 6-7 other guys chatting with her at the same time, including, at the exact SAME time if we could manage it.

We drove her nuts when she would go online to chat with one of her potential victims, and 5-6 more would show up, unannounced, and start buzzing or chatting with her.

The 'guys' were all chatting with each other at the same time, and coordinating tactics....'buzzing' her at the same time, asking questions...

'why is it taking you so long to answer me? Are you chatting with somebody else?"

'Oh no, BB, I only chat u'

'BB, stand up, let me see what you are wearing today'.

'BB, why are you standing up? Are you chatting with somebody else? I thought I was the only guy you chatted with.'

'Oh, you are blowing kisses to your COUSIN who is an OFW in Dubai.  Why the tongue action?

buzz buzz buzz

This is the face of a filipina chat scammer who is undergoing a concentrated ;chat' assault.

attachicon.gifScreen00455.jpg

attachicon.gifScreen00489.jpg

attachicon.gifScreen00502.jpg

If you feel sorry for her, she was on cam from the house she had claimed had burned to the ground, and had told different stories to each of the guys who were in contact with her.

I don't even remember all of her stories.

Oh, this one was also famous for crying on cue.

'Bb. you look sad today, what's wrong?'   (tears would fall)

"I sad coz a kalabaw walk in house and step on my pet kitty.  I hab no money for funeral for kitty'

huhuhu!

attachicon.gifcry.jpg

attachicon.gif12_crying.jpg

No tears, just covered her face and pretended.  You could say something funny and she would forget she was supposed to be sad.

The fake pictures you are showing in the beginning are actually a ladyboy.  I talked to that ladyboy on cam before and got them to admit they were not a real girl.  Her last name is "barrera".. I just cant remember her first name since its been too long now.  She is kind of famous in Phils and has won Asian Ladyboy contest before.. I think I posted a youtube video here of her before and its super hard to believe that its not a real girl.. but yes its actually a ladyboy.  Some of the more ignorant filipina scammers dont even realize that and plenty of them use her pics on dating sites.

quit_yume

The fake pictures you are showing in the beginning are actually a ladyboy.  I talked to that ladyboy on cam before and got them to admit they were not a real girl.  Her last name is "barrera".. I just cant remember her first name since its been too long now.  She is kind of famous in Phils and has won Asian Ladyboy contest before.. I think I posted a youtube video here of her before and its super hard to believe that its not a real girl.. but yes its actually a ladyboy.  Some of the more ignorant filipina scammers dont even realize that and plenty of them use her pics on dating sites.

Actually, I totally screwed up the name.. . Here he is..

Dragonladies.org

Cool!  

Here is a video I threw up with the pics of 'her' 4 years or so, ago

I figured somebody,some day, would recognize him/her.

In a way, it's not so important.  Sometimes it's easier to convince the victim  he was dealing with a scammer when you can show them the pictures he thinks of as 'his' girl, are really somebody else, who is usually not connected to the scam.

(Still, we have some people who will go to the grave thinking Angel Locsin was chatting with them on yahoo, and scammed them out of thousands of dollars.)

:)

And the thread about the scams involving these pictures

http://dragonladies.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=409

SkyMan

This particular one was fairly typical. Cute. She would show a face on cam from a home, but then claimed that home burned to the ground a few days later. She would show up online from an internet cafe for SOME of her chat partners, but would forget sometimes that the house she was chatting from was supposedly cinders, at times. I say SOME since I had 6-7 other guys chatting with her at the same time, including, at the exact SAME time if we could manage it.

This is awesome.  You could go for maximum coordinated confusion too.  Have 6 of you chatting with her, each with a different story/background, then after an hour or two, shuffle the stories so only the names are the same but now John works at the factory Tim did and he also talks about George's dog instead of the cats he had before.  etc.
  • Like 1
quit_yume

Cool!  

Here is a video I threw up with the pics of 'her' 4 years or so, ago

I figured somebody,some day, would recognize him/her.

In a way, it's not so important.  Sometimes it's easier to convince the victim  he was dealing with a scammer when you can show them the pictures he thinks of as 'his' girl, are really somebody else, who is usually not connected to the scam.

(Still, we have some people who will go to the grave thinking Angel Locsin was chatting with them on yahoo, and scammed them out of thousands of dollars.)

And the thread about the scams involving these pictures

http://dragonladies.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=409

yup.. at least some of those pics are definitely rhianna...  ladyboy

Dragonladies.org

Yes,  I recognized some of the pics I could find of HIM on Google pretty quickly, once I had a name.

His pics were in pretty heavy use 3-4 years ago.  Thanks!   :)  

Skyman, it was hilarious.

I didn't have the capability to record the cam back then, which was maybe 5-6 years ago.  All I could do was screenshots of the cam.

I haven't been able to organize a 'group' effort like this since then, but occasionally get 2-3 guys to chat up the same girl, and compare stories.

Who needs to be buried or cured will vary, and what course she is taking in school can vary widely.

Edited by Dragonladies.org

In the Philippines a trusting man who became a victim of a scam is rarely sympathized with. They will usually just laugh at him. Expats living there will also make fun of him and call him a du****ss. Few words of condemnation will be uttered against the actual perpertrator- the criminal swindler scam artist woman. If you are a male victim, count on getting no sympathy from just about anyone.

Victim blaming all the way! Cruel!

I bet these same people would be pumping fists in the air in righteous fury if it was say, a Saudi woman blamed for being raped or a Filipina girl who was let down by a Kano. See, it's not OK to cheat women and men are at fault, but it's Ok to cheat a man and ruin his life. The meanies some of you are! Shame Shame Shame!

Now, in E. Europe it's sometimes a different story. One guy was writing to this Russian girl who victimized him -- took him for a big sum and basically left him holding the bag. He wrote to President Putin himself. The letter got there and Putin did not blame the victim - rightfully so! He dispatched cops to arrest the scammer. The girl was jailed!

Also, in Ukraine, they've been busting scammers who were pretending to be girls but were sitting there and chatting with guys while trying get money for so called visas, tickets, medicine, passports, the usual thing. There, cheating foreigners like this, is well...illegal!

The way it should be. And in the Philippines, it's called estafa too.

Edited by tambok
  • Like 2
Ozepete

Back before video cam etc. a friend confided his concerns about his Filipina fiancee. When we discussed her situation things weren't adding up. Like for someone without a job how could she afford internet at home, cell phones for her son and daughter, her own (albeit modest row type) home etc., He was visiting her every two to three months and supporting her and her kids the best he could but still things looked odd.

This guy was not good with computers and when with her she did the mail and any pc work. Convinced he was being conned I finally got him to agree to 'checking her out'. 

The next time he visited he waited until she was well asleep, went downstairs to the pc then called me (as arranged) so I could talk him through how to access the mail, forward to my email then trash the sends.

The result was amazing. She had nearly 100 'Mahals' in her address book and had activity at that time with about thirty of them and nearly half were sending her money for one reason or other. This cunning bitch had nurtured each one to be her 'One and Only' Mahal. That way she didn't have to check names as she often sent the same bullshit to many. Things like 'My brother is is missing in Mindanou yada yada yada please Mahal its only p25k 

When he returned to Oz and we discussed the evidence, it was agreed to email our findings to all on her mail list. And boy did the shit hit the fan, funny part is some of the victims abused my mate even though it was 100% that they were paying and being conned while others were doing the bonking!!  It's a strange world!

• Like 3
Wrye83

Simple solution to this......NEVER send money to someone you met online. The owners at DIA try pounding this message through to their users but many seem to completely ignore the warning.

• Like 2
ThomsonJr

One girl I had been chatting with for months and with whom I became kind of close, asked me to take off my clothes on cam. I complied. She then said that she had filmed it all and will now be putting it on youtube but for P50,000 she'd be happy to discard the film. She then said it was online now. Of course I could not find it. And no one else could.

This is probably the best one yet... :)