The Pity-evoking Scams

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Half the family died, the other half is pregnant, and the carabao ate my cell phone.

reminds me of when henry blake read through klingers letters in his file

• Like 3
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThomsonJr

• broden

• Dragonladies.org

• tambok

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marriage, there are many who are fooled by this.

Some years ago I had a Filipina try the "sick carabao" ploy on me and told her, quite truthfully, that I didnt even have a carabao, so she must be wealthier than me, and perhaps she could send me some

I don't think you should assume poverty is behind the online scamming/begging all the time.  Sometimes it is.   Some of these people are living pretty well, and continue to do this to keep up the li

Posted Images

BossHog

Surely, I'm not the only Kano here who has never even once chatted online with a Filipina?

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 5
jtmwatchbiz

Surely, I'm not the only Kano here who has never even once chatted online with a Filipina?

you're not alone. i do find the stories amusing but the culture-bashing sub-theme is a bit banal. i suppose our troubled OP could kick it up a notch or two and try mixing and mingling with gals who weren't psychopaths suffering from crippling poverty but then who needs him?  

• Like 3
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

i've chatted with my wife online at times when she was sitting just across the room

you're not alone. i do find the stories amusing but the culture-bashing sub-theme is a bit banal. i suppose our troubled OP could kick it up a notch or two and try mixing and mingling with gals who weren't psychopaths suffering from crippling poverty but then who needs him?  

Don't be so hard on me. I was in Saudi Arabia--not seeing a woman for a long time. It gets lonely, you know. I couldn't just mix and mingle-- we were on military bases.

Edited by tambok
  • Like 1
Edwin

i've chatted with my wife online at times when she was sitting just across the room

tampo x2

Edited by Edwin
  • Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

tampo 2x

just too lazy to get up or talk loud

• Like 1
BFHammer

I didn't see it as culture bashing, simply descriptive of a sect of the culture.  Not different than describing the ghetto rats in the large American cities.

I find the internet quite useful for screening dates in the US and anywhere else.  It is extremely time consuming to go out and meet in person just to realize 5-15 minutes into a conversation that you have zero attraction and no compatibility with a gal.   Then you either need an exit strategy or stick with them out of politeness for a few hours. 

That same 2-3 hours online can help you screen out a couple hundred gals vs just 1. 

When you are looking at just a few weeks in the area your chances of finding the right gal are much higher with screening.  It is a total different possibility or criteria than someone who can live there and take time in person. 

The OP seems a bit naive and trusting perhaps, yet who hasn't been at one time?  That is why he's here, to learn and avoid mistakes from others experiences.

• Like 2
jtmwatchbiz

I didn't see it as culture bashing,

perhaps if you considered his other posts then you would see a trend. i also find your view of internet cruising for filipinas as a "screening process" amusing...as if you are some sort of prize and it's just a matter of which gal you choose. let me know how you make out with that, but i suspect you already know what socioeconomic level you will be limited to.    

• Like 1
BFHammer

perhaps if you considered his other posts then you would see a trend. i also find your view of internet cruising for filipinas as a "screening process" amusing...as if you are some sort of prize and it's just a matter of which gal you choose. let me know how you make out with that, but i suspect you already know what socioeconomic level you will be limited to.    

I'm seeing a trend here in anyone that disagrees with how you you approve of meeting women is somehow bottom feeding.  Perhaps it is a transference of how you did it?

The gal I was "cruising" a few years ago has a higher net worth than multiple generations of your entire family.  I'm in the top 10% of earners in the US most years and their wealth was far beyond mine. 

I'm not limited to anything.  I screen women in the US just as readily as I do women anywhere. 

So keep pretending you are above anyone if that makes you feel good at the end of the day.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

The gal I was "cruising" a few years ago has a higher net worth than multiple generations of your entire family. I'm in the top 10% of earners in the US most years and their wealth was far beyond mine.

so you know me, my family and my inlaws? anyways, until you finally hit the ground here for the first time just stick to that story and enjoy your online chick shopping bigshot :)

• Like 3
BFHammer

so you know me, my family and my inlaws? anyways, until you finally hit the ground here for the first time just stick to that story and enjoy your online chick shopping bigshot :)

About as much as you know the OP and myself Genius. 

• Like 1
Brucewayne

I don't chat with my wife online anymore, she gets up and slaps my face too often.

• Like 5
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

I don't chat with my wife online anymore, she gets up and slaps my face too often.

ya need to get a more far ranging wifi signal

• Like 2

dont forget the phone that breaks just after you sent the money for the school fees

they know facebook will give give the approximate location of the phone, so they cant chat on the phone without giving away the fact that they are on the other side of the country shagging the boyfriend....... your college fess went striaght to cebi pacific

it will take a couple of days to get new sim or phone........ by which time they are safelky back at home wlaking slightly funny from a stretched pelvis

and strokes seem to be the up and coming illness these days..... and they always hit the breadwinner. theyre always expensive though warfarin isnt.

few years bcak it was rabies